XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25574 times)

Offline Abandon

• View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #450 on: 03:27 AM - 02/01/22 »
I just downloaded the Nexus manager on iOS. Iím glad the app got approved before release. Iím exited to try this controller out!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #451 on: 09:19 AM - 02/01/22 »
Will there be sub configs in the nexus manager too bind things up?

There are Hip and ADS sub-configs. And, 2 buttons that are by default bound to switching Configs.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #452 on: 09:21 AM - 02/01/22 »
I just downloaded the Nexus manager on iOS. Iím glad the app got approved before release. Iím exited to try this controller out!

Yes, iOS Manager users will notice that now you'll see the game database download size under the Download button -- because Apple feels it's critically important that it be there (even though every XIM Manager version up to this point for the last 6 years didn't have that). :)

Online Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 08:54 AM - 02/02/22 »
Will using it wired affect long term battery?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #454 on: 09:37 AM - 02/02/22 »

We don't recommend using it wired since it gets in the way (physically) of motion control. But, no, it wouldn't affect the battery.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #455 on: 09:47 AM - 02/02/22 »

We don't recommend using it wired since it gets in the way (physically) of motion control. But, no, it wouldn't affect the battery.

Assuming you have no choice if using it for PS5 though? (via remote play)

Offline dreaded

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 10:12 AM - 02/02/22 »
How quickly do you think the built in battery will degrade, and do you anticipate it being replaceable?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #457 on: 10:56 AM - 02/02/22 »
How quickly do you think the built in battery will degrade, and do you anticipate it being replaceable?

The battery is custom made for us and integrated into the controller, you can't replace it. It will last the lifetime of the controller. Make sure to charge it at least every 6 months to maintain peak battery health.

Offline aquaman55

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: kiteeee
« Reply #458 on: 12:31 PM - 02/02/22 »

The battery is custom made for us and integrated into the controller, you can't replace it. It will last the lifetime of the controller. Make sure to charge it at least every 6 months to maintain peak battery health.

Hey I had posted a thread re: using a back button from Nexus as a shift key, like can be done with the elite controller via XB settings app.

How would something similar be done with Nexus manager?

As an example, having RB act normally, until the bottom left button on the back of nexus was pressed (programmed as the shift key), which would change RB to act as Left D Pad for example?

Also I noticed on the download pages that the Mac adapter / controller firmware have a line through them? Is that just a formatting issue, or these should not be used?

Is there a requirement for the launch devices to have both of these firmwares updated, or it will come on latest?

Thanks!

Offline Phillyman5000

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 04:30 PM - 02/02/22 »
Question if i am using the Nexus on pc.  Which config should we use?  In the getting started video the only 3 options are Xbox series, Xbox one, and ps4.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #460 on: 04:32 PM - 02/02/22 »
You will use Xbox One. We will be updating the games databack to include PC as an option for just about all the games.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #461 on: 08:04 PM - 02/02/22 »

A lightweight USB cable works fine with Motion Control. I've used UGREEN USB-A to USB-C cables since the first day of alpha testing without issue.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 05:03 PM - 02/14/22 »
Just saw the new setup vid. Has been my first time seeing the Nexus manager UI. Looks great. Super excited.

Two questions/suggestions if you're taking them:
1).  Can an option be added to sync the x/y stick sensitivity to make setting the same easier?
2).  Can the motion hip/ads be given different x/y sensitivities as well under expert mode? If not can that be added.

1. Easily done by setting X & Y percentage separately for Thumbstick Sensitivity, for both HIP and ADS.
2. Easily done by setting Y Scale percentage, for both HIP and ADS.

If you’re referring to universal sensitivity across games, as above that will be added soon. I can’t recall seeing this option yet.

Yes I know you can easily just type in the same number twice.   It was just a simple QOL improvement suggestion.  The less typing or clicking the better for everyone.

Almost every other app in existence that has a seperate X-Y adjustment (or length/width like picture resizing) has an option to link them so setting one sets both.  It's literally a checkbox or chainlink icon.   I'm surprised simple stuff like this just isn't automatically considered.
« Last Edit: 05:56 PM - 02/14/22 by mcdonamw »
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 05:54 PM - 02/14/22 »
1).  Can an option be added to sync the x/y stick sensitivity to make setting the same easier?

There is an update planned to bring uniform sensitivity for all games, if thatís what youíre referring to.

Source: https://youtu.be/2hM1dLF9O6g

It wasn't, but thanks for the reply.  I'm just referring to a box that links X/Y boxes so dragging/setting one automatically sets the other.  Like when resizing pictures and you want the ratio for length/width to be the same.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #464 on: 05:54 PM - 02/14/22 »
Almost every other app in existence that has a seperate X-Y (or length/width/ratio) adjustment has an option to link them so setting one sets both.  It's literally a checkbox or chainlink icon.   

Are you referring to stick sensitivity specifically?