XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25466 times)

Offline SpeQzz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: epicanova
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #435 on: 04:18 PM - 01/29/22 »
On a related note, are there plans to support using the Nexus as a game controller on iOS/Android?

That works right now.

Interesting! Does it work with xCloud or remote Xbox play? Iím wondering if gyro might balance out the input latency issues with online FPS games and make them worth streaming.

Offline SpeQzz

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 04:21 PM - 01/29/22 »
1).  Can an option be added to sync the x/y stick sensitivity to make setting the same easier?

There is an update planned to bring uniform sensitivity for all games, if thatís what youíre referring to.

Source: https://youtu.be/2hM1dLF9O6g

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #437 on: 04:32 PM - 01/29/22 »
Just saw the new setup vid. Has been my first time seeing the Nexus manager UI. Looks great. Super excited.

Two questions/suggestions if you're taking them:
1).  Can an option be added to sync the x/y stick sensitivity to make setting the same easier?
2).  Can the motion hip/ads be given different x/y sensitivities as well under expert mode? If not can that be added.
1. Easily done by setting X & Y percentage separately for Thumbstick Sensitivity, for both HIP and ADS.
2. Easily done by setting Y Scale percentage, for both HIP and ADS.

If youíre referring to universal sensitivity across games, as above that will be added soon. I canít recall seeing this option yet.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline zimplify

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 06:41 PM - 01/30/22 »

We are going for a soft launch and will be linking to a unpublished store page here on the forum first next week. Assuming the shipments coming in to our store are on time, the plan in to open Wednesday morning. Stock, is, of course, limited.

What timezone?
Keyboard: Anne Pro 2 | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | PS5 | XSX | XIM APEX | XIM NEXUS

Offline Bretchin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: braydo2010
« Reply #439 on: 07:20 PM - 01/30/22 »
Can't wait!!!!

Offline Dara

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 01:04 AM - 01/31/22 »
Is there going to be a flick stick feature on the nexus or something similar to it like a 180 degree spin button?

Offline SpeQzz

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 01:56 AM - 01/31/22 »
Is there going to be a flick stick feature on the nexus or something similar to it like a 180 degree spin button?

On PC - I believe you can set this up with reWASD.

On console - Nexus emulates a controller, so the turn speed limitations would make it impossible. I have asked previously about keyboard/mouse emulation for the Nexus, Iím not sure if thatís possible either.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #442 on: 03:54 AM - 01/31/22 »
I have asked previously about keyboard/mouse emulation for the Nexus, Iím not sure if thatís possible either.

This is possible with reWASD as well. This is how I prefer to play. If the community shows enough interest it may happen through a proprietary XIM software as well, or maybe even an app so consoles can utilize it. I would imagine the app might be a bit of a stretch, but its what I personally am hoping for.

As far as flick stick, this can't be done unless the mouse emulation happens through XIM. If you do it through rewasd it will recognize the motion layered on the stick as a single input. So reWASD will turn both the stick and motion to flick stick.

Offline thatll_do_donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 02:47 PM - 01/31/22 »
Sorry if this has already been asked but I just looked at the user guide and it only mentions connection for a ps4 not ps5. For now i'm just hoping to play ps4 games on my ps5 (i know playing ps5 games will require other methods like a beloder), will I be able to use my ps5 with the nexus for this? Thanks!

Offline zimplify

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 02:49 PM - 01/31/22 »
Yes, you can still play ps4 games with nexus on ps5, but im pretty sure you need ps4 controller for it to work. It doesnt work with dualsense.
Keyboard: Anne Pro 2 | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | PS5 | XSX | XIM APEX | XIM NEXUS

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 02:55 PM - 01/31/22 »
Sorry if this has already been asked but I just looked at the user guide and it only mentions connection for a ps4 not ps5. For now i'm just hoping to play ps4 games on my ps5 (i know playing ps5 games will require other methods like a beloder), will I be able to use my ps5 with the nexus for this? Thanks!
to play ps4 games 2nd gen ps4 controller, the one with the light bar. To play ps5 games you will need to do remote play or use the beloader. You can search these things
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #446 on: 02:57 PM - 01/31/22 »
I'm assuming that in order to use Nexus w/PS5 and Beloader it will have to be wired?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #447 on: 02:57 PM - 01/31/22 »

Welcome to the community. XIM NEXUS has the same system related to this as XIM APEX. It will work with a "speciality controller" for some games, but, for others you will need to use something like Beloader for a PC based Remote Play client.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline thatll_do_donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 03:07 PM - 01/31/22 »
Ah perfect, thank you!

Offline parashqiptar

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: parashqiptar
« Reply #449 on: 11:25 PM - 01/31/22 »
Will there be sub configs in the nexus manager too bind things up?

Admin