XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25401 times)

Offline Boris228

• View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #330 on: 06:38 AM - 01/14/22 »
when will preorder open?  it's the middle of january

Offline Teeroy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Teeroy3320
« Reply #331 on: 07:24 AM - 01/14/22 »
If we wanted to use Kontrol Freaks on the thumbsticks, do you know which ones would fit?

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 07:45 AM - 01/14/22 »
The sticks are the same as the Xbox One controller so kontrol Freeks should work.

I've already bought my kontrol freeks for the nexus and I've bought Xbox one freeks

Offline Teeroy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Teeroy3320
« Reply #333 on: 10:34 AM - 01/14/22 »
The sticks are the same as the Xbox One controller so kontrol Freeks should work.

I've already bought my kontrol freeks for the nexus and I've bought Xbox one freeks

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #334 on: 11:22 AM - 01/14/22 »
To clearify, the thumbstick mechanical sensors are the same (ALPS), but, the caps are different slightly with respect to size and shape.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Kingsb

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 11:47 AM - 01/14/22 »
Regarding preorders. Given the chip/cargo/custom issues that all manufacturing has been going through has there been any thought to opening preorders with an eta shipping date. Similar to what steam has done with their steam deck. Opened preorders for customers and given them a q1/q2/q3 eta? 

I know on the forum we are all eager to “lock in” our order, even if that means getting second or third shipment.

Thanks. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #336 on: 02:12 PM - 01/14/22 »
Thanks for your interest. We are still trying to figure out the best way to handle this. Unfortunately every release we haven't been able to come up with a good way to ensure our existing community members get priority (especially those that have been with us the longest).

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 03:54 PM - 01/14/22 »
Thanks for your interest. We are still trying to figure out the best way to handle this. Unfortunately every release we haven't been able to come up with a good way to ensure our existing community members get priority (especially those that have been with us the longest).

It's been a while, hopefully I still qualify.  :)

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #338 on: 04:08 PM - 01/14/22 »

Is be content with just sending me an email before you open up to public lol

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #339 on: 04:16 PM - 01/14/22 »
As soon as we send out a publicly accessible link to order, it will be sent around and used by everyone.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 05:15 AM - 01/15/22 »
I think a short forum post 2-3 days prior to the launch with an unannounced release would be the best.
Active users who want to be among the first will then know when the time has come to frequently check the store.
The post will just say that Nexus will be out in the week of the post and it maybe even reveals the price. Its not posted in the development blog post to avoid non-active users from getting an email notification. Instead its maybe shared somewhere in the Nexus forum board.

This is of course still not ideal but should give active users a very good chance to secure a XIM Nexus on launch day.
I dont think its possible to priorize very old community members without people exploiting the system or upsetting a large amount of the community. If forum registration date, post count, XIM Apex serial number, XIM Store account or other factors are considered then there will always be people who exploit their whitelisted status. Also Nexus for the most part targets a new audience and all of the aforementioned methods would lock them out. This could cause quite some uproar and negativity.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 05:46 AM - 01/15/22 »
What i think is much more important though is to strengthen the XIM Store against scalping bots. You can have the best community solution but if the store isnt fortified against bots then its all kind of meaningless.

It should not be possible to buy more than 2 XIM Nexus controllers within 1 month:
- under the same IP
- under the same account
- under the same credit card or bank account
- to the same address
- idealy email or phone verification code to check out
- email/phone verification is tied to the account, the same phone/email cannot be used under a different account
- captchas or artificial pause times between steps to delay bots (must wait 10 seconds before you can proceed to the next step)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Ronso86

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Orangutanklaus
« Reply #342 on: 06:07 AM - 01/15/22 »
You could also create a preorder page where forum registered users (registered until a specific date) can register to preorder. You can send them a GUID code to their Mailaddress that must be used to buy a Nexus. Every Code is unique and can be used only one time. After the specific time you remove the code verification, so all other people out there can order the Nexus, too.
PS5 | XIM4 | Grifta Solo | M:G700s | LG OLED55CX9LA | Denon X1300W + Nubert 7.1

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 06:29 AM - 01/15/22 »
I feel like this would cause a lot of older users to just generate that code and then either sell it/give it away, or use it to buy a Nexus and then sell it. Basically people who managed to slip into the whitelist without any real intention to use the product themselvs. Given how most older forum accounts are mouse and keyboard users this scenario isnt that unlikely.

To get some traction Nexus must also reach the controller audience. Restricting the launch to old forum users would lock these people out and create unnecessary negativity.

Offline Ronso86

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Orangutanklaus
« Reply #344 on: 06:48 AM - 01/15/22 »
I feel like this would cause a lot of older users to just generate that code and then either sell it/give it away, or use it to buy a Nexus and then sell it. Basically people who managed to slip into the whitelist without any real intention to use the product themselvs. Given how most older forum accounts are mouse and keyboard users this scenario isnt that unlikely.

To get some traction Nexus must also reach the controller audience. Restricting the launch to old forum users would lock these people out and create unnecessary negativity.

You cannot prevent people from buying the product and sell it afterwards. Me personally I don't think that's the intention of the most members here. I saw a lot of comments that says they want to try, they must have one or they are not interested in. I feel most non controller users here don't follow the topics in the Nexus thread.
Also I don't say that only old Forum users have to get the chance, but the day of pre registering could be the day of deadline of registered users, so no new users like bots or scrapers will get one.
Remember that this would be a short phase to ensure forum members get there Nexus and then the rest of the world. Isn't that the plan or what this all is about?
PS5 | XIM4 | Grifta Solo | M:G700s | LG OLED55CX9LA | Denon X1300W + Nubert 7.1