XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25495 times)

Offline ultimateisready

• View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #315 on: 07:05 AM - 01/06/22 »
My thought is, sell me one now. I know you've got test units. I'd buy one for $500.00 USD. :D
[/quote]

dude i need work 1 month and save the money for that lol i go to university :D

i hope i can afford it when its released

Offline ultimateisready

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 07:18 AM - 01/06/22 »
Will there be "special recommended" settings for a game regarding gyro sensivities? or is it like personal preference using high or low gyro sensivities ingame?

Offline Teeroy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Teeroy3320
« Reply #317 on: 11:46 AM - 01/06/22 »
So I have been reading some of the commentary about the way the aiming will work on this and I'm a little confused. Will this work in the same way that the Steam Controller works as far as the motions? That was my assumptions initially but some of the things I've read have made me think maybe I was wrong.

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 12:09 PM - 01/06/22 »
Will the Nintendo switch get support at some point in the future?
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Offline Swaim

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swaim[ZP]
« Reply #319 on: 12:19 PM - 01/06/22 »
Will nexus work with beloade lan setup, same as apex right now?

Offline ultimateisready

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 12:50 PM - 01/06/22 »
So I have been reading some of the commentary about the way the aiming will work on this and I'm a little confused. Will this work in the same way that the Steam Controller works as far as the motions? That was my assumptions initially but some of the things I've read have made me think maybe I was wrong.

I mean U aim With gyro and sticks. But they say that is easier to use or handle the gyro With this Product

Offline LyndonLauder

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 05:32 PM - 01/06/22 »
Are the PC ST's already being made/are made? It would be great to be able to use PC ST's for vanguard/warzone on the day of delivery

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #322 on: 05:47 PM - 01/06/22 »
Are the PC ST's already being made/are made? It would be great to be able to use PC ST's for vanguard/warzone on the day of delivery

If there is no PC option, then, you should use the Xbox version (which is almost always what is used).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #323 on: 05:49 PM - 01/06/22 »

I mean U aim With gyro and sticks. But they say that is easier to use or handle the gyro With this Product
NEXUS uses tilt controls that are very easy to adapt to. Here's a demo of me using a NEXUS with a hand cam. Keep in mind I'm almost 50 and a potato with a regular controller in shooters -

The USB cable isn't required as NEXUS is a wireless controller. I used a USB cable to demo that NEXUS works wired too, without adversely affecting the motion controls. I have the USB cable connected to a powered USB hub just for charging, the controller is still connected wirelessly to the NEXUS dongle.

Stick and gyro movement stack and can be performed at the same time. What you'll probably end up doing is large movements in HIP using mostly stick with gyro for filler, then mostly gyro in ADS with sticks to control recoil or to flick between targets.
« Last Edit: 05:55 PM - 01/06/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ultimateisready

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 08:30 PM - 01/06/22 »
Does Someone know If U adjust the gyro settings in the Game? Or is maybe via App? Does the Game needs to support Motion Control?
« Last Edit: 08:37 PM - 01/06/22 by ultimateisready »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #325 on: 09:54 PM - 01/06/22 »
The gyros are calibrated universally. What you do adjust per-game in XIM NEXUS Manager is Motion Aim Sensitivity and Analog Stick Sensitivity. Ballistics Curves, Smoothing and Bindings (if wanting something other than default controls) are also managed separately for each game.

To use gyro controls, a game requires a XIM Smart Translator. There are generic translators that might work in unsupported games, but like APEX and all XIM generations before it, NEXUS works best with a dedicated translator.

There is a good chance that native mouse & keyboard PC games will have universal support. This is different from controller support for each game because controller look mechanics vary from game to game, but mouse behaviour on PC is universal. Emulating m/kb with a NEXUS means that there is no aim assist, but it does allow pretty much any PC game to be played with a NEXUS.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Teeroy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Teeroy3320
« Reply #326 on: 07:59 PM - 01/09/22 »
I have the Steam Controller, Switch Pro Controller and some Binbok Joicons and I quite enjoy motion controls on them when playing my PC. On Xbox I have both the Xim4 and the Xim Apex. I'm looking forward to picking the Nexus up ASSP but I was wondering if the ability to recognize the gyroscope in Joicons or Switch Pro Controller or even the PS4/5 controller could be added to the other Xim products. Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #327 on: 09:42 PM - 01/09/22 »
One of the big reasons we didn't want to base our product on other exiting controllers with IMUs (motion sensors) is because the only way we could build the best solution is to have direct access to the sensor hardware.

Offline Leekevb

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 12:06 PM - 01/12/22 »
I read that you guys are working on this.
So is there an update about the Xim Nexus can be used with Xim Apex for playing recent PS5 games which require Dualsense controller? (Like Battlefield 2042 and COD Vanguard)
Are you sure it will be possible in the future and it's just about the programming?

I'm sorry if my english sucks  :-[

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #329 on: 02:13 PM - 01/12/22 »
Welcome to the community. Like XIM APEX, XIM NEXUS has the same compatibility options.