XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25350 times)

Offline sergons

• View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #255 on: 04:43 AM - 10/18/21 »
A question, could a trackpad will be a better choice than a thumbstick for aiming on nexus?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 05:19 AM - 10/18/21 »
With a trackpad you cannot make continuous inputs, such as turning around. Its great for precision inputs but thats about it.
Gyro aiming is very similar, excellent accuracy but a 180į+ turn can be an issue. So you would stack two similar solutions on top of each other without solving the turning issue.

Sticks on the other hand are great for turning but bad for precision inputs. So they match really well with motion aiming as they cancel out the weakness of each other.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 06:38 AM - 10/18/21 »
A question, could a trackpad will be a better choice than a thumbstick for aiming on nexus?
That is how the steam controller does it, but it also has an outer ring ( software setting ) which can be set up so you track across the pad for aim then when you get to the edge it has continuous motion.
Also the steam controller was deigned for for that purpose and puts the track pad in the right place.

On PC It works well with Mouse input games but not so well with controller input games.
The trackpads on Steam controller are used most effectively as either Low sense for fine aim, or High sense for rapid camera movement, then gyro doe the other.

Something I would love to see for Nexus Version 2.
Replace the ABXY buttons with a track pad, but have the track pad which can be used as right stick, also be the buttons by clicking in the appropriate quadrant. It would give track pad to those that want it for gestures of direct mouse control, and it would also work as buttons for those that don't.

Again its something I use all the time on the steam controller,  Left track pad acts as a left stick, but if I press the quadrants it acts like D-Pad, also centre click is assignable, outer edge for sprint, used with a modifier it also becomes a rose selector selections.

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Lamassu on Battlenet
« Reply #258 on: 09:28 AM - 10/18/21 »
Congratulations Guys. This is so cool. Unfortunately I have been building pcís and got so used to native MnK, havenít really been on here for a while. Iíve become quite the pc enthusiast with building and benchmarks, optimizing etc and trying latest products. I have always gave a controller a try but just gave up because I was so bad at it. This is next level stuff and willing to give it another shot. Release Date please? Take my money now.

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 09:57 AM - 10/18/21 »

Might as well just use a mouse, that'd be two sources of right stick input with lack of easy turning and probably less accuracy than a mouse so it'd be a downgrade. The idea behind the Nexus is to allow the manoeuvrability of a controller with the precision aiming capability to rival a mouse. 

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #260 on: 05:03 AM - 10/19/21 »

As a strong believer in mouse inputs being better than thumbsticks, the TouchPad is one of the least precise devices I used. Steam controller proved to me that its awful for competitive FPS. Especially terrible for tracking moving targets. Thumbstick is a far better when combined with motion.

Offline sergons

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 11:38 AM - 10/19/21 »
Thank you for your answers, guys   :)

Offline J4F-Scoo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JF4-Scoo
« Reply #262 on: 05:51 AM - 12/06/21 »
i would like to know if all st will be available for the games like apex at the release

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 06:59 AM - 12/06/21 »
i would like to know if all st will be available for the games like apex at the release

Nexus uses the same STs as Apex and XIM4, so it will ship with the same database as those two devices! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline J4F-Scoo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JF4-Scoo
« Reply #264 on: 11:31 AM - 12/06/21 »

Nexus uses the same STs as Apex and XIM4, so it will ship with the same database as those two devices! :)

Sounds great. Thank you

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 01:07 AM - 12/08/21 »
I'm om the XIM4 and was going to upgrade to the apex and noticed yall went and made a new xim. Don't know much about it. Is it a replacement for the Xim4/Apex or for people to use a controller.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #266 on: 01:22 AM - 12/08/21 »
It's for anyone that wants to be better with a controller.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Kingsb

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 09:14 PM - 12/08/21 »
It's for anyone that wants to be better with a controller.

Currently split 50/50 between controller/xim.  What is the learning curve for someone who has never used gyro aiming?

Is the plan still to release this before end of 2021, or has that slipped to 2022?  Thanks.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #268 on: 09:52 PM - 12/08/21 »
It's going to be really tight in making it for 2021. So, I'd say January latest.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #269 on: 11:23 PM - 12/08/21 »
Currently split 50/50 between controller/xim.  What is the learning curve for someone who has never used gyro aiming?
I'm terrible with a controller for shooters, so I never invested time into improving with one.

Adapting to NEXUS was quick, especially for ADS. HIP takes more getting used to, I recommend an acceleration Ballistics Curve to make HIP easier to manage.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts