XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 26395 times)

Offline Starc_15

• View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #240 on: 11:52 PM - 10/07/21 »
Making fast twithes to aim with your dominant hand only instead of using booth hands in conjunction is not only faster, its more intuitive, ergonomic and well, better.

Yes i agree, I realized that shortly after testing Nexus for the first time. If you primarily motion aim with one hand while using the other just as a support your accuracy is much higher than when aiming with both hands at the same time.

I used the SteamC the same way. Their is a learning curve to relax your off hand but it works better then trying to use both. For me though its not close to a one hand solution.

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 12:26 AM - 10/08/21 »
100% will be purchasing and If its possible pre ordering. This is the ideal solution. I don't know why this, and native mouse and keyboard aren't the industry standard yet for consoles. Especially with cross-play with PC becoming the norm its ridiculous to not offer every player everywhere the opportunity to play how they are most comfortable.

The reason they are not mainstream is simply because there are too many people who use a standard controller, they won't look into other options, and think everything that is different to what they have is cheating.
Then game dev's like Dice produce a game these days that is crossplay between PC and console, and seem to think that they should not give KB/M support to the console.

Offline Atreyu07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Atreyuxx7
  • PSN ID: Atreyu07
« Reply #242 on: 08:58 AM - 10/08/21 »
This is the ideal solution.

Welcome to the community. I agree! :D

Thanks!!

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 12:52 PM - 10/17/21 »
I've been on the fence about that one (auto-sprint) due to the concern about it engaging when you don't want it to (such as when you are confronting an enemy).
I've been on the fence about that one (auto-sprint) due to the concern about it engaging when you don't want it to (such as when you are confronting an enemy).

Any chance of an autorun function, so you dont have to keep the stick pegged to run?

It is very fatiguing for people with disabilities to peg the stick all the time when playing games like destiny, etc.

Offline Ragnarokfps

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 01:39 PM - 10/17/21 »
For those who havent seen it yet, the new XIM has been unveiled
(see here https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=3819.msg852948#msg852948)

What are your thoughts on it? Any questions on the new device? :)
edit: By the way over the next week I will release a new Nexus video every day on the XIM Central channel to celebrate the unveil!

The back buttons are not placed well. Being in the middle of the back of the controller is one the worst places buttons could be, because they're so far away from where hands rest naturally. A lot of other controllers have this problem, poor back button design or paddles. The Power A Fusion Pro and the Xbox Elite 1 and 2 controllers have proper paddle placement. This is where any back buttons or paddles should be located. So while I like the gyro, the back button placement is still really important. Having the back buttons in the center of the back of the controller isn't a difference of opinion or preference for players, it's objectively bad. I play a lot of tennis and your grip of the tennis racket is very important, and the same is true for controllers. The entire point of having back buttons or paddles is to keep a comfortable grip and don't move your thumbs off the sticks. And back buttons that are hard to reach defeat the entire point of this, because A) it's uncomfortable to reach for them and B) still have to move thumbs in order to reach the back buttons. Highly recommend placing the back buttons on the inner/under part of the grips, precisely where your fingers sit naturally while holding a controller. Much like how your pointer fingers naturally sit on the triggers and bumpers, the same should be true for the middle, ring, or pinkie fingers on the back buttons/paddles.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #245 on: 01:49 PM - 10/17/21 »
Welcome to the community. The placement of the buttons on the back were intentional and one of the strengths of XIM NEXUS. As a motion controller, your grip is important and the buttons were placed such that you can press them quickly with your middle finger and return back to your grip. They aren't intended to be hovered over at all times.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #246 on: 03:12 PM - 10/17/21 »
Being in the middle of the back of the controller is one the worst places buttons could be, because they're so far away from where hands rest naturally.

Wrong. The button placement is absolutely perfect on this controller. Its extremely natural to the way your middle finger moves.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #247 on: 04:37 PM - 10/17/21 »
The back buttons are not placed well. Being in the middle of the back of the controller is one the worst places buttons could be, because they're so far away from where hands rest naturally. A lot of other controllers have this problem, poor back button design or paddles. The Power A Fusion Pro and the Xbox Elite 1 and 2 controllers have proper paddle placement. This is where any back buttons or paddles should be located.
I HATE the Elite paddles because I am constantly knocking the stupid things off. They were the reason I bought an Elite, so it was a complete waste of money.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline user1986

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 05:36 PM - 10/17/21 »
Any chance to know the price or pre order date yet for the Nexus? I'm all set for buying it already, just need that date when?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #249 on: 06:22 PM - 10/17/21 »
Any chance to know the price or pre order date yet for the Nexus? I'm all set for buying it already, just need that date when?

We are working hard to ship before Christmas, but, we don't have solid dates yet. Pricing is harder for us (and everyone else actually) do to the state of the world when it comes to supply chain and semiconductors. We are going to hold on pricing until the last possible moment because of this.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 11:23 PM - 10/17/21 »

We are working hard to ship before Christmas, but, we don't have solid dates yet. Pricing is harder for us (and everyone else actually) do to the state of the world when it comes to supply chain and semiconductors. We are going to hold on pricing until the last possible moment because of this.

Already informed my daughter , daddy needs a new controller for xmas :-).

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 12:24 AM - 10/18/21 »
I can barely wait for it. i train daily in aim lab to get back to the controller.
my finger is on the order button update the pages in the forum every day to see when it starts.
 :)

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 01:57 AM - 10/18/21 »
I can barely wait for it. i train daily in aim lab to get back to the controller.
my finger is on the order button update the pages in the forum every day to see when it starts.
 :)

Don't train too hard, you might not need most of it when you experience gyro aim, it's intuitive, natural and just works, it's like hitting people in the head with your mind, you think it the controller does it. :-)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #253 on: 02:45 AM - 10/18/21 »
Also, aim assist.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #254 on: 04:14 AM - 10/18/21 »
In my experience, the better you can play with thumbsticks the better you'll be on the NEXUS. I highly recommend 'sphere track' in aim lab.