XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25343 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #210 on: 02:53 AM - 09/30/21 »

most games don't allow sprint while in ADS mode,  for the games that do, adding an adjustable delay for it to activate would also solve.
In fact, it does solve, it's something I do in Steam software.
it also has the added bonus of allowing the left stick click to be utilised for something else, in my case that is often reload or crouch/prone

The worst side effect of the feature is, without a delay it can stand you up accidently while you are in prone crawling moving forward and accidently hit the edge of the movement. But, as I said ( and what I do to solve ) is add a delay in the activation time, so if hit accidently and briefly it doesn't activate.

But then some games quite often stand you up for no apparent reason any way ( I am talking to you Battlefield )

If it was added as a function people could use or not, their choice, then you are not forcing anything onto people that they may not like. I am fairly everyone would feel about it like I do, once used there is no going back.

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 03:12 AM - 09/30/21 »
This should've been standard on consoles since last gen, really.
Good that you're doing this, maybe it'll move the industry forward.

Not really interested personally, I'll never enjoy playing FPS games with a joypad, gyro aim or no.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #212 on: 05:52 AM - 09/30/21 »
Destiny 2 is a game thatíll knock the player out of ADS if Sprint is initiated. Other games will use LS / L3 as Hold Breath while ADS.

Applying autosprint to HIP only solves both problems. It would still be an issue while prone, so itíd have to be optional.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 05:59 AM - 09/30/21 »
antithesis:

Thanks for the info, I haven't played much of Destiny 2  as its sprint turn speed was..  Let's just say not very good so we don't offend people.
I understand there has been or is going to be an update to address the turn speed so it might we worth a look again if that has been done.

How about the delay method I use, It could be set for maybe 500ms delay, giving the user the time to accidently touch it and not do any harm. 
But.. As i did, most people will quickly learn ( muscle memory ) not to hit the edge of travel. I have the delay as a fail safe for panic situations.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 07:01 AM - 09/30/21 »
I am a bit disappointed on this new release... :'(

Coming from XIM2, XIM3 (my favorite of all), EDGE, XIM4 and finally XIM Apex...I feel like the Mouse keyboard project is dead. I get it, things change, we need to move on to better things.

I went with XIM to move away from a controller, it seems like we are back were we started.

Device looks good, a lot of good features, etc...I am sure it will be a hit with the new gen of players. Not sure it will be my cup of tea :)

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 07:20 AM - 09/30/21 »
I am a bit disappointed on this new release... :'(

Coming from XIM2, XIM3 (my favorite of all), EDGE, XIM4 and finally XIM Apex...I feel like the Mouse keyboard project is dead. I get it, things change, we need to move on to better things.

I went with XIM to move away from a controller, it seems like we are back were we started.

Device looks good, a lot of good features, etc...I am sure it will be a hit with the new gen of players. Not sure it will be my cup of tea :)

I don't think it's fair to say that just because a separate product is being released for a different group of players. The devs have said the support for the Apex will continue as normal, and a new XIM MKB adapter would likely be released in the future if the Apex were to become obsolete somehow.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #216 on: 09:51 PM - 09/30/21 »
So far I am enjoying what the Nexus is bringing to the table. I havenít used a controller since 2012 which is when I first got my XiM Edge. Itís refreshing and fun using the Nexus. This product might not be for everyone but for the controller guys this is It. All of my friends are controller players and always trash me for using the XiM. After telling them about the Nexus they canít wait to buy one lol.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline Fantendo

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 08:59 AM - 10/01/21 »
Are there any plans to make xim nexus work on ps5? I've read that OBsIV saw a video that some guys managed to make xbox controller work on dualsense-only games.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 10:02 AM - 10/01/21 »
Are there any plans to make xim nexus work on ps5? I've read that OBsIV saw a video that some guys managed to make xbox controller work on dualsense-only games.

See here on that :)

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=96393.0
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Dexter307

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dexter307
« Reply #219 on: 06:34 PM - 10/02/21 »
Will it be possible to setup the back buttons to act as gyro on/off buttons separately from the other buttons? I know that since it's Xinput only so many buttons can be used for gameplay, but if its possible to have one or two back buttons act only as modifiers for the gyro/motion to turn it on and off without taking up one of the buttons that would be used in actual gameplay, that would be a really nice feature.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #220 on: 06:50 PM - 10/02/21 »
Welcome to the community. XIM NEXUS has 24 mappable buttons (and also 4 separate customizable trigger positions per trigger). You can map any one of these to engage or toggle motion. Also, I think you are asking if you can have multiple "actions" per button (such as "Press A" and "Engage Motion"), which you can.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #221 on: 06:51 PM - 10/02/21 »
There are multiple ways to activate/ deactivate motion aim. One of them is a dedicated button on the front of the controller to swap between regular controller mode and the selected Smart Translator.

Personally, I prefer motion aim on ADS only (not active on HIP aim), but it could be activated by say pressing ADS beyond 50% trigger depth.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Dexter307

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dexter307
« Reply #222 on: 07:01 PM - 10/02/21 »
There are multiple ways to activate/ deactivate motion aim. One of them is a dedicated button on the front of the controller to swap between regular controller mode and the selected Smart Translator.

Ah ok, that's pretty much what I was looking for, a dedicated button to turn motion aim on/off without using up one of the limited number of buttons that I can map for gameplay. I personally like playing with motion aim always on and then having a button to temporarily turn it off, so that should work perfectly for me.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #223 on: 07:03 PM - 10/02/21 »
Yes, we have a mode called "Navigation Mode". It's design, when enabled with a button combo, so that the controller goes into a mode where it acts just like a standard controller (no motion, no mappings). The idea is when you are navigating system menus you drop into that mode.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
« Reply #224 on: 01:32 AM - 10/03/21 »
When can I get one of these bad boys?