XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 26400 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #195 on: 05:36 AM - 09/28/21 »
F5 warrior lol.

Oh do I remember that from the Apex launch

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 06:05 AM - 09/28/21 »
Yeah there was a lot of bad feeling in the forum when the xim3 launched.
I luckily got in on the 1st batch having just joined, and remember keeping my head down when all the vitriol was flying around from a few long time members.

Be nice if they could come up with a way that forum members could preorder and maybe pay upfront in advance ... I know that I would readily pay in advance.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #197 on: 06:54 AM - 09/28/21 »
We'd really like do this but have yet been able to come up with a method where it doesn't turn into a free-for-all unfortunately since people share links intended to be private.

OBsIV, I work in e-commerce. You should be able to accomplish this with “customer groups”. Looks like you use 3dcart (shift4shop) on your store. Here’s their article on setting up customer groups (in this case, folks who did and folks who did not purchase XIM Apex) so only the one group can see the Purchase button during the exclusive pre-order period: https://www.shift4shop.com/lp/features/3dcarts-customer-groups-feature/

Of course account sharing could still happen but that could be mitigated by restricting purchases to 1 per account during the preorder period.
Really liking this idea.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 07:00 AM - 09/28/21 »
OBsIV, I work in e-commerce. You should be able to accomplish this with “customer groups”. Looks like you use 3dcart (shift4shop) on your store. Here’s their article on setting up customer groups (in this case, folks who did and folks who did not purchase XIM Apex) so only the one group can see the Purchase button during the exclusive pre-order period: https://www.shift4shop.com/lp/features/3dcarts-customer-groups-feature/

Of course account sharing could still happen but that could be mitigated by restricting purchases to 1 per account during the preorder period.

It's a cool idea but wouldn't this exclude those who bought XIM products via other means (distributors and so on)?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 09:45 AM - 09/28/21 »
Nice solution but this will lock out anyone who purchased a XIM from an official partner store or from Amazon.
There will surely be plenty of complaints, no? :/
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #200 on: 10:54 AM - 09/28/21 »

Wow, I didn't even know our cart had the ability to do this. It can barely do Waiting Lists well (let alone most other things) so I wouldn't have expected it to be able to do something like this. Thanks for the tip!
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Ronso86

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Orangutanklaus
« Reply #201 on: 11:21 AM - 09/28/21 »
Oh please don't do it. I bought my products on Amazon (I think so, it's been a while).
I can't wait to buy a XIM Nexus Controller, cause that's all I ever wanted a gamepad to be.
PS5 | XIM4 / XIM Nexus | Grifta Solo | M:G700s | LG OLED55CX9LA | Denon X1300W + Nubert 7.1

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #202 on: 11:50 AM - 09/28/21 »
Oh please don't do it. I bought my products on Amazon (I think so, it's been a while).
I can't wait to buy a XIM Nexus Controller, cause that's all I ever wanted a gamepad to be.

We definitely understand many people buy their XIMs through distributors. We won't penalize them. My reply about grouping above was more about being surprised our shopping cart provider is able to provide a feature like this considering they aren't that great of a service.

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 06:14 PM - 09/28/21 »
Sorry if this has been answers, but is the controller USB-C?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #204 on: 06:25 PM - 09/28/21 »
Yes, it's USB-C.

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 06:53 PM - 09/28/21 »

We definitely understand many people buy their XIMs through distributors. We won't penalize them. My reply about grouping above was more about being surprised our shopping cart provider is able to provide a feature like this considering they aren't that great of a service.

Later in the article I linked above, they talk about ways to let people opt into a Customer Group.  You could set up that option for people where they enter their Apex serial number and it's then compared to a list of valid serials.  They would then be added to the "purchased XIM Apex" Customer group.  Feel free to PM me if you decide to go this route and have any questions. 

Tbh, I'm just worried about bots ruining the launch.  I STILL haven't been able to buy an RTX 3070 for a fair price after a year of trying and I've seen even small launches for niche items like Artisan keycaps ruined all year.  The bot guys are absolutely ruthless now.  They scrape google trends and use their bot armies to buy up trending new products without even knowing what they are. Like I said, I work in e-commerce and it's the hottest topic in our industry. Big, old-fashioned companies still aren't willing to pay for the software to properly implement mitigation measures but smaller nimble companies are doing great work on this front.
XIM Apex | XSX | PS5 | G303 Shroud Edition | PS Nav | JDS Atom DAC⇢Subjective3⇢Atom Amp⇢SHP9500

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 07:52 AM - 09/29/21 »
Super excited to purchase one!

Seems like stick drift won’t be a big issue though my main concern is the left thumb stick “click” for running and maybe the front buttons/sticking. Every controller I’ve had including Nav will result in the left thumb click dying. 

Will it be easy to replace the left thumb stick component?

Can you use the Nexus in tandem with another usb or Bluetooth device?
Example
My current Apex setup is mouse, nav, and old foot stinky board. Since the Nav runs wireless it allows another device to be used.  Essentially mapped the board for run and reloads or R&R as I like to call it. (https://c1.neweggimages.com/ProductImage/26-880-001-02.jpg)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #207 on: 02:18 PM - 09/29/21 »
One thing we suggested during testing is auto-sprint based on pegged stick position, so the LS / L3 click isn’t required for Sprint. This is a common quality of life mod in Titan scripts and will extend the life of the LS button.

I’m not sure when OBsIV is looking at it, but I believe it’s on the to do list to at least test the functionality.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #208 on: 02:33 PM - 09/29/21 »
I've been on the fence about that one (auto-sprint) due to the concern about it engaging when you don't want it to (such as when you are confronting an enemy).

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #209 on: 03:05 PM - 09/29/21 »
HIP only, or when L2 &/or R2 are inactive could solve that.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin