XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 26403 times)

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #180 on: 03:50 PM - 09/26/21 »
Is it going to available for original XIM Alex customers first? Or should we be prepared to eBay prices.

Yea this is a question of have.  Will we get advanced notification or will this be a free for all?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #181 on: 08:15 PM - 09/26/21 »
We'd really like do this but have yet been able to come up with a method where it doesn't turn into a free-for-all unfortunately since people share links intended to be private.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline J4F-Scoo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JF4-Scoo
« Reply #182 on: 03:22 AM - 09/27/21 »
Would like to see a handcam Video in Action.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #183 on: 03:29 AM - 09/27/21 »
Would like to see a handcam Video in Action.
Iíll be streaming with an overhead hand cam when I get back from holidays in about 10 days. Itís just simple tilt-action controls for motion aim. Iíll upload to YouTube as well.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 05:00 AM - 09/27/21 »
We'd really like do this but have yet been able to come up with a method where it doesn't turn into a free-for-all unfortunately since people share links intended to be private.

Well hopefully they aren't shared this time around or are shared but slowly.

As loyal, long time customers I hope we get a solid option to pre-order right away when available. I just want to be able to secure one right away.

I don't want to go through the madness I went through to secure my PS5.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline J4F-Scoo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JF4-Scoo
« Reply #185 on: 05:15 AM - 09/27/21 »

As loyal, long time customers I hope we get a solid option to pre-order right away when available. I just want to be able to secure one right away.

100% agree

Offline JoTi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jo_Vogel_Snipez
« Reply #186 on: 05:19 AM - 09/27/21 »
Yes save us from the Bot Buyers.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 09:17 AM - 09/27/21 »
Is there a way to get notified or a mailing list to register for availability info?

Can you switch which thumbstick the gyroscope applies to on the fly? For example, a lot of games these days have menu navigation cursors that work like a windows cursor but is applied to the left thumb stick. Diablo 2 R's inventory would be a lot easier to navigate if you could use the gyroscope on the left thumb.

Are the back buttons tied to the face buttons on a hardware level? Can you assign the back buttons individually? For example, if you could switch the application of the gyroscope between thumb sticks using one of the back buttons would be convenient.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #188 on: 09:24 AM - 09/27/21 »
Yes, in your Config you can choose which stick is driven by motion. The back buttons can be assigned to anything you want. Right now, you can only assign an action to select next or previous configs. There isn't yet a way to assign an action that will load a specific config (which I believe is that you'd want?).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline ssm1tty

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ssm1tty
« Reply #189 on: 10:39 AM - 09/27/21 »
Inverted mouse veteran here.  Been trying to wrap my brain around the motion/gyro aiming and if this product would be for me.  Does anyone of your test users play fps inverted?

Ok, I answered my own question after watching a few videos.  I think I'll be right at home, I see tilting back makes you look up.  For some reason, I thought you have to lift up the controller up change the look mechanic.  Will be buying for sure!
« Last Edit: 04:20 PM - 09/27/21 by ssm1tty »

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #190 on: 11:47 AM - 09/27/21 »
Question. So do you have to play without moving the controller at all otherwise the gyros will move your aim?

I have a tendency of moving the controller around while i play, will that make me do unwanted movement when doing so or is there a button to press when you want to use gyro in conjunction with thumbstick?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 11:57 AM - 09/27/21 »
Question. So do you have to play without moving the controller at all otherwise the gyros will move your aim?

I have a tendency of moving the controller around while i play, will that make me do unwanted movement when doing so or is there a button to press when you want to use gyro in conjunction with thumbstick?

Yes you can activate motion via button presses or trigger percentages. So for as long as motion is not active you can move around the controller as much as you want to. You can toggle, hold or permanently have motion active.
I usually have motion active when i start to hold the right trigger, and then when i continue to press it a bit more the weapon will start to shoot too.

You have full control over when motion should activate! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 08:13 PM - 09/27/21 »

Yeah same. I'd pre-order one right this minute if the option became available. Without wanting to sound entitled, I think it'd be most fair if the regulars of this forum i.e. the people that help others with their queries and problems with the XIM and help to shape features and updates, got first dibs on the Nexus in order to ensure that it continues for this new product.

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 02:50 AM - 09/28/21 »

OBsIV, I work in e-commerce. You should be able to accomplish this with ďcustomer groupsĒ. Looks like you use 3dcart (shift4shop) on your store. Hereís their article on setting up customer groups (in this case, folks who did and folks who did not purchase XIM Apex) so only the one group can see the Purchase button during the exclusive pre-order period: https://www.shift4shop.com/lp/features/3dcarts-customer-groups-feature/

Of course account sharing could still happen but that could be mitigated by restricting purchases to 1 per account during the preorder period.
XIM Apex | XSX | PS5 | G303 Shroud Edition | PS Nav | JDS Atom DAC⇢Subjective3⇢Atom Amp⇢SHP9500

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 05:27 AM - 09/28/21 »

Yeah same. I'd pre-order one right this minute if the option became available. Without wanting to sound entitled, I think it'd be most fair if the regulars of this forum i.e. the people that help others with their queries and problems with the XIM and help to shape features and updates, got first dibs on the Nexus in order to ensure that it continues for this new product.

The only problem I see with this logic is that what if a newcomer shares the same excitement that you do, but never knew about XIMs legacy. Motion controls are very popular among most switch owners. I think having the ability to add motion to every game on different platforms is a game changer. So people are going to flock. Iíve had every XIM product since XIM 3, but business is business. Iím ready to be a F5 warrior lol.
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1