XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25455 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #165 on: 08:17 AM - 09/24/21 »
Yes we are considering selling a version for XIM NEXUS without the adapter. However, I don't think that'll be possible for initial launch.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline gameman272

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 09:28 AM - 09/24/21 »
How does the D-Pad/Directional Pad feel?
Is there rumble or vibration?
Does the PC connection only allow XInput and XIM Nexus Manager remapping, or can it be a DirectInput device to make full use of the buttons and gyro?
Is Nintendo Switch support planned?

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 09:37 AM - 09/24/21 »
Will you offer an extended warranty? 
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #168 on: 09:51 AM - 09/24/21 »
Does the PC connection only allow XInput and XIM Nexus Manager remapping, or can it be a DirectInput device to make full use of the buttons and gyro?

Welcome to the community. DPad is silicon dome like ABXY. Yes, it has rumbles, but, is used to notify you when motion is enabled/disabled (you can turn this off). XIM NEXUS presents itself as an XInput device when both wired and wirelessly connected to a PC. XIM NEXUS' translation tech will map the onboard motion sensor. All you do is choose to use a controller on the game you are playing and it just works as is. Nintendo Switch support is possible, but, not yet a priority.

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 10:56 AM - 09/24/21 »

Welcome to the community. DPad is silicon dome like ABXY. Yes, it has rumbles, but, is used to notify you when motion is enabled/disabled (you can turn this off). XIM NEXUS presents itself as an XInput device when both wired and wirelessly connected to a PC. XIM NEXUS' translation tech will map the onboard motion sensor. All you do is choose to use a controller on the game you are playing and it just works as is. Nintendo Switch support is possible, but, not yet a priority.

Man can you imagine Splatoon 3 with ST and PERFECT gyro. Thats a scary thought.
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Offline Leger

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Leger
« Reply #170 on: 01:23 PM - 09/24/21 »
Unless I missed this question asked before, but how does aim with motion aim and the right stick feel when paired together? Is there any sort of initial delay between the two?

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #171 on: 01:34 PM - 09/24/21 »
Unless I missed this question asked before, but how does aim with motion aim and the right stick feel when paired together? Is there any sort of initial delay between the two?

No delay. The aim overlaps. You can use motion and stick at the same time and the control is additive. Some players look in a general area with the stick and use motion for all precision, I personally use both at the same time.

Offline gameman272

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 03:13 PM - 09/24/21 »

Welcome to the community.
XIM NEXUS presents itself as an XInput device when both wired and wirelessly connected to a PC. XIM NEXUS' translation tech will map the onboard motion sensor. All you do is choose to use a controller on the game you are playing and it just works as is.
Thanks!
I was thinking about more along the lines of using Steam Input, DS4Windows, or a similar program to maximize usage of the back buttons, since the Steam Controller seems to be the only gamepad right now to allow gyro and paddles at the same time, even if it's only through Steam Input.

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 04:12 PM - 09/24/21 »
Thanks!
I was thinking about more along the lines of using Steam Input, DS4Windows, or a similar program to maximize usage of the back buttons, since the Steam Controller seems to be the only gamepad right now to allow gyro and paddles at the same time, even if it's only through Steam Input.

That is because the steam controller is fairly dumb, all of the work is done via the the controller software. On the controllers with back buttons they are generally simply replicas of the face buttons, with their own software to assign them.
Do you have a controller with back buttons that are seen by Steam software ? I have a Razer wolverine that has back buttons, I wonder if I can make Steam see it for what it is.

The steam controller and PS4 controller through steam are very effective, PS4 controller wins for console games but has a not so good gyro. Steam controller wins on PC games and as it is so versatile is can be configured to give keyboard inputs. This is how I use both Steam controller and PS4 controller to play xbox games and have motion aim.

Edit,
My wolverine is only seen as a standard controller,   Xbox Elite controllers do show up with back paddles and they are configurable.
« Last Edit: 04:23 PM - 09/24/21 by AgentSmith »

Offline roberb

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 05:32 PM - 09/25/21 »
Hey
Been using xim products since xim3. I have never been able to use the console controller for shooters games. So do not know what to think about nexus, looks incredible, and if it was developed by the xim group you know it is first quality. Something I notice, for me at least, is that it looks more natural to aim using motion than using sticks. Just like using a real weapon you aim by moving your hands, not with a stick. We'll see wen I get one, cause of course I will be getting one.
“resistance is futile (if < 1 ohm)”

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 07:39 PM - 09/25/21 »
The aim overlaps. You can use motion and stick at the same time and the control is additive. Some players look in a general area with the stick and use motion for all precision, I personally use both at the same time.

Would you say it's viable to not touch the stick at all while aiming and snap and track purely using the gyro? My mind could change but I feel like just generally looking around and general centering and then use the gyro alone to do all the right-stick work once I spot an enemy.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #176 on: 08:15 PM - 09/25/21 »
Yes, that's how I play. Stick is coarse aim and motion is precision.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #177 on: 09:14 PM - 09/25/21 »
Yes, that's how I play. Stick is coarse aim and motion is precision.
Ditto.

I am terrible at using sticks alone for aim, so motion aim is used for microing into the hitbox. Combining stick with gyro is very intuitive.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #178 on: 02:47 AM - 09/26/21 »
 Most people play like that. Being a very experienced thumbstick players I use both at the some time, but generally more precision aim I use mostly motion.

Offline Drique82

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x MakeThatMoney
  • PSN ID: MakeThatMoneyy
« Reply #179 on: 12:17 PM - 09/26/21 »
Is it going to available for original XIM Alex customers first? Or should we be prepared to eBay prices.

Admin