XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 26282 times)

Offline Herpityderp

• View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #135 on: 10:30 PM - 09/21/21 »
In games without AA, the only players who can beat me are the following:

"Pro" controller players who regularly play esports comp for the game
Controller players running heavy ridiculous scripts via Titan 2
Other XIM users who are just better than me

I go native when I play on PC, and I used to compete in esports comp for the battlefield games CAL-I  back in the day (@#$% I'm feeling old) and there is just no way a controller player that isn't in the top 1% is going to beat me in a game without AA, whether it supports MnK or I have to use XIM, which each require completely different techniques.

With XIM I run extremely high sense and really only wrist aim, making very steady direct movement, "flicking" by moving slow and not exceeding the turn cap. On PC I run 1600dpi with some modifications on windows and both arm/wrist aim depending on the situation.
I hope this doesn't seem like a brag because I really am not anything special, but no kind of controller is going to outplay me with MnK without AA abuse, unless the player themselves are something special. If this is meant to just be a casual device then awesome it's a sweet idea. But if it's supposed to compete with MnK, players on my skill and above are still going to completely dominate, without AA help.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #136 on: 01:18 AM - 09/22/21 »

I go native when I play on PC, and I used to compete in esports comp for the battlefield games CAL-I  back in the day (@#$% I'm feeling old) and there is just no way a controller player that isn't in the top 1% is going to beat me in a game without AA, whether it supports MnK or I have to use XIM, which each require completely different techniques.

With XIM I run extremely high sense and really only wrist aim, making very steady direct movement, "flicking" by moving slow and not exceeding the turn cap. On PC I run 1600dpi with some modifications on windows and both arm/wrist aim depending on the situation.
I hope this doesn't seem like a brag because I really am not anything special, but no kind of controller is going to outplay me with MnK without AA abuse, unless the player themselves are something special. If this is meant to just be a casual device then awesome it's a sweet idea. But if it's supposed to compete with MnK, players on my skill and above are still going to completely dominate, without AA help.

You sound like a top tier player in general, so yeah probably most people using any device would have a challenge going up against you. But I play without aim assist on NEXUS. I've never been a competitive gamer nor will I ever be, however I'm usually top of the leaderboards in CoD lobbies covered with mouse and keyboard players.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #137 on: 01:23 AM - 09/22/21 »
I have a question. In the videos it shows the hand grips turn red during motion aim. Do you physically have to put pressure on the hand grips?
To be clear, the controller and reticle overlays are for streaming or recording in OBS to show what the NEXUS is doing in real-time. Blue indicates analog stick movement, red indicates controller tilt movement.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Herpityderp

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 04:25 AM - 09/22/21 »

You sound like a top tier player in general, so yeah probably most people using any device would have a challenge going up against you. But I play without aim assist on NEXUS. I've never been a competitive gamer nor will I ever be, however I'm usually top of the leaderboards in CoD lobbies covered with mouse and keyboard players.

What i am interested in is if this new device leads to a discovery of people who are just absolutely @#$% cracked on it. Meaning they're alright at controller or mouse, but this input device fits their muscle memory and reflexes so well they're elevated to a serious competitive level

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #139 on: 09:33 AM - 09/22/21 »
i need one asap lol

Hahah, yeah I'm really interested in this now. So much so I've plugged by DS4 into my PC and will mess with gyro control later. Will take a look at it via Steam big picture and/or joyshockmapper. Like a proof of concept as to whether I'll get on with it - though I know the Xim implementation of it will be streets ahead.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 02:46 PM - 09/22/21 »
Will NEXUS work in wired mode?  10 hour battery life would never work for me.  Would this also potentially work with Android/IPHONE for game streaming?
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #141 on: 03:11 PM - 09/22/21 »
Yes it works wired. I use mine wired most of the time. Just be sure to use a fairly lightweight, shorter USB cable as a heavy one will cause drag and make gyro aim more difficult.

I use a 3 ft UGREEN USB-C cables without any problems. I have experimented with both normal USB connectors and right-angles. Stick to the normal ones.

Similarly, I’ve tested 1 ft, 3 ft, 6 ft and 10 ft USB cables. 1 ft is way too short (but fine for the auth controller), 6 ft is ok, 10 ft is too heavy. 3 ft is optimal, but depends on close proximity to the PC or console.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #142 on: 03:25 PM - 09/22/21 »
Would this also potentially work with Android/IPHONE for game streaming?

You mean connect NEXUS to an Android or iOS phone for gaming? Yes, you can do that since NEXUS presents itself standard USB Bluetooth controller (everything runs on it and not on a dongle). We don't, however, have STs built for mobile games -- yet.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #143 on: 03:30 PM - 09/22/21 »
-- yet.
Nudge nudge wink wink, say no more ;)

I know Xbox One controllers are mobile compatible. I hadn’t thought to test NEXUS on iOS.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #144 on: 03:33 PM - 09/22/21 »
What short of shooters do people like to play on mobile?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #145 on: 03:39 PM - 09/22/21 »
Fortnite, PUBG…beyond that I’m not sure.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 04:01 PM - 09/22/21 »
To my understanding racing games are really popular among the mobile controller users.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #147 on: 04:36 PM - 09/22/21 »
Nudge nudge wink wink, say no more ;)

I know Xbox One controllers are mobile compatible. I hadn’t thought to test NEXUS on iOS.

"Loads up CoD: Mobile"
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #148 on: 04:45 PM - 09/22/21 »
I wanted to make a phone clip for NEXUS in the future.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #149 on: 05:15 PM - 09/22/21 »
What short of shooters do people like to play on mobile?

"Apparently" Bungie are looking at bringing Destiny to mobile.