XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 26401 times)

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #105 on: 09:23 PM - 09/19/21 »
Yup, motion on all the time. I also have Hip and ADS the same sensitivity.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 12:10 AM - 09/20/21 »
Release date? Pre-Order date? Price?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is $250+ given it's got features of Scuf/Xbox Elite plus XIM PLUS motion control.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 12:29 AM - 09/20/21 »
This right here is very unfortunate.  I understand why, but this is a major drawback for something like this, especially a "controller" device.
The auth controller is connected via USB to the dongle. It's unavoidable to make NEXUS cross-platform.

The NEXUS controller however is completely wireless (USB is optional).

Don't get me wrong, I know it's *currently* unavoidable.  It's still disappointing.  Hopefully at some point XIM (at least this motion controller) can get Xbox/PS approved to no longer require that.  That's all I meant.
« Last Edit: 12:37 AM - 09/20/21 by mcdonamw »
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline Herpityderp

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 01:25 PM - 09/20/21 »
Glad you guys have a new product you worked so hard on but I have absolutely no interest in ever using a controller. I play PC and console with a mouse and keyboard and that's all I ever my want input to be, except if I'm playing a racing game or flight simulator I'll use a wheel. But that is the only exception.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 04:17 PM - 09/20/21 »
Release date? Pre-Order date? Price?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is $250+ given it's got features of Scuf/Xbox Elite plus XIM PLUS motion control.

I doubt that.

I'm betting the nexus doesn't go over 130 tops ($129.99?)
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #110 on: 06:39 PM - 09/20/21 »
i need one asap lol
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline Th3velourfog

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Skeletorgrim
« Reply #111 on: 11:31 PM - 09/20/21 »
Can the right stick be set as a flick stick for quick turns or 180s while motion being used for more precision aiming?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #112 on: 12:34 AM - 09/21/21 »
Analog stick sensitivity is set separately from Motion Aim sensitivity.

The right stick can be set to very high sens for flicks while guiding your aim onto your target with lower sens gyro.

Look mechanics are still constrained by the maximum turn speed set by the developers. Whether or not you can do a quick flick 180 is determined by that turn speed limit.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Anavarz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anavarz
  • PSN ID: Anavarz_
« Reply #113 on: 05:48 AM - 09/21/21 »
So to the guys that have tested the nexus.  Do you think you'll eventually be better with this controller than using a XIM APEX???

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 05:56 AM - 09/21/21 »
So to the guys that have tested the nexus.  Do you think you'll eventually be better with this controller than using a XIM APEX???

In a game that has aim assist yes, i could see myself becoming better than with a mouse. Right now its a close tie already and in certain scenarios such as target tracking im already better with Nexus.
For games without aim assist (RB6, PUBG, ...) im not so sure since i havent played those a lot yet.

Overall im convinced that Nexus can change the debate of controllers vs mice on consoles, and im already looking forward to lobby voicechat lines such as "Oh this guy must be on a Nexus" as opposed to "MnK player!" :).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 06:17 AM - 09/21/21 »

Not sure to be honest. I've been testing different versions for a few years now. But my skill level has gone up dramatically within the last few months because of the quality of the production versions. Right now I'm almost equivalent to where I'm at with a mouse, but both have their strengths and weaknesses for me. For example micro precision and dialing a snipe I'm better with NEXUS. Tracking targets at medium to long range I'm also better on NEXUS. But quick flick shots I'm better with a mouse. If you have years of experience on a mouse of course you'll be better than on a new type of device like this, you still need some time learning it. But because OBsIV is constantly working on new features with us, I do see the potential of getting better than I ever was with a mouse in the near future. My skill level definitely hasn't plateaued yet.

Offline RConnor

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 11:54 AM - 09/21/21 »

This video is titled DualSense Drift, but the reality is it basically applies to every modern controller with potentiometer thumbsticks.

What has XIM done to make the, likely very expensive Nexus, easily repairable when, not if, the thumbsticks start to drift?
« Last Edit: 12:01 PM - 09/21/21 by RConnor »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #117 on: 01:07 PM - 09/21/21 »
Expensive is a relative thing. A new DS5 retails for $70 and a XIM NEXUS will never be able to hit that price point. That said, XIM NEXUS does provide full access to the controller's calibration. If your stick isn't centering how you'd like, you can recalibrate the sensors (which is a 3 second process).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Anavarz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anavarz
  • PSN ID: Anavarz_
« Reply #118 on: 01:53 PM - 09/21/21 »
I've always hated controllers cause they break.
And I loved xim4 and Apex cause mouses and keyboards last year's

What's the options for buttons not working and stuff like that??

I love the idea of this motion controller and I'll definitely buy one but if it breaks or isn't working as intended say after 11 months.  I honestly would just go back to m&k

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 02:04 PM - 09/21/21 »
Expensive is a relative thing. A new DS5 retails for $70 and a XIM NEXUS will never be able to hit that price point. That said, XIM NEXUS does provide full access to the controller's calibration. If your stick isn't centering how you'd like, you can recalibrate the sensors (which is a 3 second process).

One of the most simple features of the NEXUS but also one of my favorite. I never understood why consoles, or even game developers don't offer this. It makes such a drastic difference to your gameplay!