XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25407 times)

Offline dontpokethebear

• View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #60 on: 10:54 AM - 09/17/21 »
I am ecstatic. Put me first in line for pre-orders :)

I happily tested beta firmware to allow for Switch Pro gyro on the Apex. I've been a customer of Xim4 and Xim Apex and happily so for years. I would love to get my hands on this as gyro is a more comfortable solution for me for couch gaming than keyboard and mouse!

I would also like to voice my desire for PS5 support. While not many shooters are PS5 locked, down the line I'd like to get one to play the old Uncharted's or TLOU games and have Gyro support there.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 11:41 AM - 09/17/21 »
Question:
Does XIM Nexus Motion Aim works on driving/flying simulators?,

I wonder how doing turns are handled.  :-\ ?
« Last Edit: 04:06 PM - 09/17/21 by alanmcgregor »

Offline chinanago

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11:44 AM - 09/17/21 »
I'm not good at English, so let me ask you a question for confirmation.
XIM's analog stick emulation technology enables this competitive motion controller to aim with incredible precision, and the manager app can be used to provide personalized stick emulation like a ballistic curve. Is it a feature?

In the case of Xbox: Do I have to use other Apex-like products to circumvent authentication?
Is this controller the same size as the xbox controller?
(I'm Japanese, but I'll check because the Xbox controller can be too big)

It will be longer from here
I have a very weak semicircular canal, and although I like FPS, I play while fighting nausea.
I have no good memories of the motion controller aim
When playing Splatoon 2 or Apex Legends on switch
The motion controller Aim gave me terrible nausea because of the 180 degree turn.
For these motion controller aim, stick is used because the operating range is narrow only by motion.
It is necessary to separate the screen and motion once, position the arm and move it again. I struggled with it.
If turning 180 degrees is an important setting in FPS operation and this cannot be done well
My body rejects and becomes nauseous and attacks me
The trouble here is that if you make the 180 degree turn comfortable, the sensitivity will be high and it will be difficult to aim at the target.
As a countermeasure, I chose mouse input by XIMApex.
Still, during the initial setup of XIM, I continued to fight nausea.
After three days of fighting, I realized for myself how good this XIM emulates an analog stick
(I shouldn't have chosen Apex Legends first,  BFV's operability is very close to that of a PC, so it was easy to set up. :'( ) 
And I want to see if this product will be my first motion controller that doesn't hit me with nausea.
I have a question there
The mouse can freely control the aim speed to some extent depending on the physical speed and moving distance.
Can this controller do the same?
(Of course, I understand that this is a big factor for individual differences, so I have to test it myself in the end.)

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #63 on: 12:40 PM - 09/17/21 »
I  haven't used my XIM Apex in a long time nor have I visited the forums in a long time.  But for those that have been around for a while, I've been involved on/off again for several years.

I can't tell you how excited I was to wake up to an email saying there was a new post on the Blog topic.

And when I saw this... I was grinning ear to ear.  This is absolutely brilliant.

Super interested and I'll definitely pick one up.  I wish this worked on PS5 (as most XBox exclusives also work on PC which has M&KB).  But whatevs... i'm a fan of the man and the company.  I'll support it!

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #64 on: 02:24 PM - 09/17/21 »
Been with Obsiv & Xim pretty since much the beginning. Always wanted to use a controller but can never feel as comfortable as I do with m&k but this looks like the missing link. Iíll be ordering one as soon as possible.

I PC game mostly these days so the ability to use direct without an auth controller is brilliant. 👍🏻

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02:35 PM - 09/17/21 »
Just a little sneak peak on Aim Lab on how great XIM NEXUS is if you are a complete controller noob like me. I was luckily enough to test the controller out for a month or two. The learning curve is super easy. This will be the next big thing for controller users.

https://streamable.com/jes8wk
« Last Edit: 04:43 PM - 09/17/21 by sheryip »

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02:39 PM - 09/17/21 »
We just need an availability date! I'm buying one asap.

Gonna be great for all Rockstar games (GTAV, RDR2, etc), The Division 2.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Th3velourfog

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Skeletorgrim
« Reply #67 on: 02:55 PM - 09/17/21 »
I'll take 3 please

Offline UrcK

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 06:27 PM - 09/17/21 »
as with the Apex release .. i imagine a limit will be placed but i will need 2 of these from the rip ... i love this so much ..

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 06:31 PM - 09/17/21 »
I dont know if this has been asked but what is the battery life like on this thing?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #70 on: 06:56 PM - 09/17/21 »
I dont know if this has been asked but what is the battery life like on this thing?

Hey glenn, it's mentioned on the blog post, but, it's around 10 hours. This was measured under full load so I'd expect it to be more than that in typical usage cases.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline BA3YDADDY

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BA3YDADDY
  • PSN ID: BA3YDADDY
« Reply #71 on: 10:50 PM - 09/17/21 »

Hey glenn, it's mentioned on the blog post, but, it's around 10 hours. This was measured under full load so I'd expect it to be more than that in typical usage cases.

Release date? Pre-Order date? Price?

Offline DigitallyDivine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DigitallyDivine
« Reply #72 on: 11:43 PM - 09/17/21 »
This has broken my heart. As I am a console player on the ps5. I have used xim since xim 3, yet no support for this sophisticated space machine on ps5. Don't mind me, I'll be over here kicking and screaming on the floor while others enjoy this controller bobbin and weavin taking heads!  :'(

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #73 on: 12:07 AM - 09/18/21 »
Well strangely enough I was just contacted by someone who is developing an adapter that will allow XIM products to work on PS5 and says it verifies works in all games. We want to, of course, validate these claims. It sounds like they'll have something soon.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Online ItZ_Me_Not_You

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 12:12 AM - 09/18/21 »
Well strangely enough I was just contacted by someone who is developing an adapter that will allow XIM products to work on PS5 and says it verifies works in all games. We want to, of course, validate these claims. It sounds like they'll have something soon.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D