XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 25361 times)

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #45 on: 05:25 AM - 09/17/21 »
That's surprising never expected it to be a controller I may just make the switch back to controller!! Am guessing this controller work best with game that have AA ?. Do you guys have price and release date??

Other than Apex Legends I don't use aim assist at all and Apex I mostly turn it on if I'm not on top of my game.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #46 on: 05:32 AM - 09/17/21 »
The way the 4 back buttons are positioned how does it feel in terms of pressing as a good click feeling is a must for me.

The back buttons are far better than any other controller out there in my opinion. The placement is way more ergonomic and the click is perfect.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05:37 AM - 09/17/21 »
By the way your video with the comparison between mouse, stick and nexus activated is not visibile in your channel.

I will unlock it in a few days, i want to release a few other Nexus videos first :).
Fow now the video can only be accessed through the XIM Forum.

XIM apex St's and manager will continue to develop in case I'm still useless with the XIM nexus?

Yes absolutly, XIM Apex will continue to receive the same support as always, Nexus doesnt change anything in that regard :).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: richab78
« Reply #48 on: 05:58 AM - 09/17/21 »
will nexus have the ability to upgrade firmware like apex?
will nexus be compatible for use with the apex?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06:52 AM - 09/17/21 »
Congratulations ... must have been a lot of hard work getting there.

So we will still have to use ST's for console games ? I'm wondering how the Nexus will be for those games that can't get ST's, (like Saints Row, GTA etc.)
Will the motion sensor work or will we have to use it like an ordinary controller ... ( apart from being able to use curves)

Offline SIXRIP7ER

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: unaware_beseiger
« Reply #50 on: 06:57 AM - 09/17/21 »
Is there any chance this could perform better then xim apex (m&k), I always struggled with apex when spinning because I always hit turn caps and also had to keep repositioning my mouse to the centre of my mousepad, which distracted me from focusing on targets as I wasted precious time fighting the controls.

I feel like these issues are resolved with the nexus as when you use any controller you can never hit the turn caps and you will never run out of mouse pad space when using the joystick for larger movements and spinning. And you get the benefit of micro aim that m&k has while using the motion tech.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08:31 AM - 09/17/21 »
This will be great for open world/sandbox games like GTA/Far Cry/Battlefield, where there's a lot of switching between different vehicles. The thing I'm salivating to test the most, though, is how this would work with racing games. 
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #52 on: 08:32 AM - 09/17/21 »
I suppose the $64,000 question that everyone really wants to know, and I'm assuming that the testers have already experienced this...
How did it stack up in the internal tests when you tested it against Xim Apex players in a straight up shootout?.
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08:51 AM - 09/17/21 »
Question? Is there going to be a feature where are you can possibly change the sensitivity of the Gyro to fit different weapons hey for example sniper shots on the fly
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08:53 AM - 09/17/21 »
This looks like a really cool controller I'm very much a mouse gamer but I'd give this a go. What sort of price is this targeting ? I assume it's expensive given the tech involved

Offline taljac28

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09:12 AM - 09/17/21 »
Looks awesome. How much is it going to cost? There is any assumption?

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #56 on: 09:20 AM - 09/17/21 »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10:09 AM - 09/17/21 »
NEXUS won't completely replace APEX yet for me in online multiplayer games as I'm far more experienced with m/kb, but I can at least compete with controller users with a NEXUS. I've dropped APEX for all single-player gaming as NEXUS is so much easier to setup on the desk or couch and is an absolute blast to use :)

I'm probably in the same boat here.  I think this is great for controller users, but I'm not one of those, nor will I ever be.  I hate sitting with my hands in close proximity like that on a controller in general as it's super uncomfortable.  Thus I will remain M&K.  Which is somewhat disappointing as this is probably the first XIM product I won't buy.

With that said, I thought one of the main selling points of the XIM (and often used as an argument in the "is it a cheat device") was that it is really for people who want to use "any" input method of their choice, which is quite necessary for disabled folk, which means this device won't be for them, at all.  Of course this won't be an issue as long as APEX continues to be in production and support.

With that said, it's great to see a motion controller that will probably never be topped, so good job OBsIV.  It's definitely a needed device in general.  I would def use it if I used a controller.  The only time I use a controller right now is when I'm using Xbox streaming on my phone (rare), which I doubt this device will work with.

Anyway, I just hope it does not stifle continued improvements on the XIM APEX, specifically on the software front, as I believe there is still room for improvement there.  A lot of features/requests that have been made over time that have gone to the wayside for more important things.   
« Last Edit: 10:16 AM - 09/17/21 by mcdonamw »
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10:13 AM - 09/17/21 »
NEXUS needs an auth controller too, unless using it on PC.

This right here is very unfortunate.  I understand why, but this is a major drawback for something like this, especially a "controller" device.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline LilSoundDJ

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10:24 AM - 09/17/21 »
I'm a very avid gyro gamer, and i play competitive splatoon. This product looks like a dream for me, and ill probably try and get it day 1.

I have a few questions.

What is the polling rate for the Gyro?

Is it possible to use with nintendo switch? (i want to try using this on splatoon 2 without the game's built in gyro to see if the smoothing can be lessened)

Can I disable y axis aiming on the right stick?

Is there a way to implement Jibb Smart's flick stick?

Are there any smoothing/acceleration settings for the gyro?

Is there a way to map a button to turn OFF gyro when held, or INVERT gyro when held?