XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 26197 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #120 on: 02:06 PM - 09/21/21 »
Calibration is normally stored in the controller itself and it set in the factory. Same is true for XIM NEXUS, but, you'll be able to update it yourself (automatically, or manually).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #121 on: 02:51 PM - 09/21/21 »
So to the guys that have tested the nexus.  Do you think you'll eventually be better with this controller than using a XIM APEX???
For me, the biggest difference is aim assist. NEXUS feels perfectly attuned to it, whereas we have to fight it on APEX.

Close quarter engagements are also easier on NEXUS. Likewise for mechanics that donít work well on APEX like wheel menus.

APEX will always have a place in my arsenal as I simply prefer m/kb for online multiplayer. But in reality I spend 95% of my limited gaming time in single-player or PvE and have already replaced APEX with NEXUS for those games.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Anavarz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anavarz
  • PSN ID: Anavarz_
« Reply #122 on: 03:36 PM - 09/21/21 »
So to the guys that have tested the nexus.  Do you think you'll eventually be better with this controller than using a XIM APEX???
For me, the biggest difference is aim assist. NEXUS feels perfectly attuned to it, whereas we have to fight it on APEX.

Close quarter engagements are also easier on NEXUS. Likewise for mechanics that donít work well on APEX like wheel menus.

APEX will always have a place in my arsenal as I simply prefer m/kb for online multiplayer. But in reality I spend 95% of my limited gaming time in single-player or PvE and have already replaced APEX with NEXUS for those games.

Really looking forward to trying this... I'm in same boat as you!  I hate controllers for Fps lol but willing to give this ago :)

Offline trinidad

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 03:39 PM - 09/21/21 »
Would you be able to use Kontrol freeks on this ? If so would it be Xbox or ps?

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 03:56 PM - 09/21/21 »
Probably won't need Kontrol freeks tbh. Once the Nexus is calibrated it will have the same effect as what Kontrol Freeks can offer and much much more :D

Nexus is a XIM at hart so the possibility's would be endless  ;)

How can we be notified once Pre-orders go up ? 
XSX / PS5
Xim 3 / Xim 4 / Xim Apex / Xim Nexus

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #125 on: 04:53 PM - 09/21/21 »
I don't know about control freaks but I do play with a right thumbstick extension I 3D printed.

Offline dontpokethebear

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 05:02 PM - 09/21/21 »
Two questions:
Have you considered selling an addon for existing controllers? I like my Xbox Elite. If I could have something similar to the Brook Adapter for it but with Xim configs I'd be stoked.

On a similar line, what analog sticks does the Nexus have? I know Xbox has much higher resolution than Playstation, but I also prefer the lighter tension of my elite with the lightest tension setting. I also use the "classic" thumbsticks as the larger top surface I feel gives me more control. I wouldn't mind the Nexus being a whole new controller altogether if it had loose thumbsticks with large surface areas.

PS anyone who says they prefer tighter thumbstick tension is just objectively wrong. It's like preferring heavy mice. It's scientifically worse.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #127 on: 05:18 PM - 09/21/21 »
XIM NEXUS uses ALPS sticks with a tension close (although maybe a little lighter) than an Xbox One controller. It's really close though. If you were to test by pushing the thumbsticks from both devices next to each other. Sometimes XIM NEXUS "wins" and sometimes Xbox One controller "wins".

What do you mean about an add on?

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 05:29 PM - 09/21/21 »
Two questions:
Have you considered selling an addon for existing controllers? I like my Xbox Elite. If I could have something similar to the Brook Adapter for it but with Xim configs I'd be stoked.

On a similar line, what analog sticks does the Nexus have? I know Xbox has much higher resolution than Playstation, but I also prefer the lighter tension of my elite with the lightest tension setting. I also use the "classic" thumbsticks as the larger top surface I feel gives me more control. I wouldn't mind the Nexus being a whole new controller altogether if it had loose thumbsticks with large surface areas.

PS anyone who says they prefer tighter thumbstick tension is just objectively wrong. It's like preferring heavy mice. It's scientifically worse.

All I got out of all that is "objectively wrong" and "scientifically worse".

Why you come in with all these preemptive strikes lol?

Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 05:42 PM - 09/21/21 »
For those who have missed it, the blog post has been updated with a rough release schedule! :)

Where can I find this information, please  :)

Offline dontpokethebear

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 06:17 PM - 09/21/21 »
What do you mean about an add on?
I mean this: https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/43268489/

This device contains a gyroscope and, when the Xbox controller is plugged into it, takes the analog stick and button inputs of the Xbox controller and outputs those directly, along with the motion control from the device, as one Switch or PS4 controller. It would be amazing if there was a XIM Nexus version of this where we could use it with any existing Xbox controller. I use this with my Elite Series 2 on PC to emulate Switch with Gyro.

Offline dontpokethebear

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 06:22 PM - 09/21/21 »
To give more context to what I was talking about with the thumbstick shape, funny enough there are two images right in the blog to show what I mean.

The high quality render shows what looks similar to "stock" Xbox One/Series sticks with a smaller concave top

while the lower quality render on the XIM Manager at the bottom shows the good kind of sticks more like the 360 with a wider, shallower concave top.

If we could get sticks that match the latter I would be very pleased!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 07:48 PM - 09/21/21 »
For those who have missed it, the blog post has been updated with a rough release schedule! :)

Where can I find this information, please  :)

Its somewhere near the bottom, short answer itll be out later this year :).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #133 on: 09:34 PM - 09/21/21 »
I have a question. In the videos it shows the hand grips turn red during motion aim. Do you physically have to put pressure on the hand grips?
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #134 on: 09:44 PM - 09/21/21 »
No, that's there strickly as a visualization only so that it's easy for you to know when motion aiming is occurring.