XIM Community

SAB Question?  (Read 273 times)

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
SAB Question?
« on: 02:10 PM - 09/15/21 »
Simulate Analog Behavior is a necessary feature for many games but I would prefer to have the option to dictate if its Left Stick Only, Right Stick Only, Or both.  Honestly if I could just assign it to Left stick only so SAB only inteferes with movement for wasd keyboard that would be most beneficial.  Having SAB enabled is also adding randomoness to the right stick which is mostly used for aiming in FPS games and it causes some loss in accuracy due to this.  Is there any possibility for SAB active only on movement stick so aiming is un effected? 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: SAB Question?
« Reply #1 on: 03:50 PM - 09/15/21 »
SAB mainly operates on the movement stick. It doesn't add randomness to your aim (you, as a human, does a good job at that already :).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:52 PM - 09/15/21 »
When i monitor the output with titan 2 it shows stick noise or non-zeroed out values on the right stick as well. It randomized a value when stick is stopped rather then going to zero when sab is off on both left and right stick.

There is also this strange issue where if i have multiple sub configs and one has sab off but switch to one with sab on the left stick constantly fluctuates random numbers and will not settle until I manually move the left stick in my case press a movement key  A, W,S or D.

For example, I use sab 0 on hip config as if i don’t it causes some movement issues or detection in some games but set ADS config to sab off as it will settle to zero and not add any random values so my inputs are all that is sent to console and hopefully not interfere with aiming. But if I’m stationary or don’t press AWSD (Left Stick) and return from ADS Sab Off back to the HIP Sab 0 the non settling error happens. 

This only happens when switching from a sub config with a sab value of off back to any value from 0 onward.  If hip config is any sab value from 0 to 100 and I switch to ads config that has any sab value of 0 to 100 no issues.  But if hip sab is on and I switch to ads config with a sab value of OFF  and then back the non-settling issues happens.  I completely understand it settling on random value when sab is active but its very strange if no input is entered on left stick when returning back to a sab on config from a previous config with sab off that it will just bounce random numbers never stopping until input is detected on the left stick.  It does not happen the other way for example if Hip is set to Sab Off and ADS set to any sab value it will settle as it should weather there is stick input or not.  Am i missing something is this done by some sort of design reason that I’m not seeing? 

I hope i in no way am coming across as complaining not my intent at all just wanted to share an observation and if possible, maybe test a beta update if possible where this is changed to suggested to see if it does have any positive or negative impact.  Appreciate immensely what xim has accomplished truly a happy and thankful customer for as long as you will have me.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 05:59 PM - 09/15/21 »
Correct, there will be activity added into the deadzones of the game (as it was even before SAB was released), but, that won't affect aim on your right stick. Are you saying that it is affecting your aim?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:50 AM - 09/16/21 »
I am not 100% certain but games like pubg that have no aim assist feel much better with sab off for ads.  If random stick values are being added to the right stick wouldnt your aim be off by those values.  Since its adding some randomization to the output of the stick if i really move my stick 50 percent but it added 5 it would then move 55 which is incorrect fom my actual movemet. I could be completely miss understanding how this works but it definately throws off movement at high numbers for character movement and seeing that it appears to be adding the same randomization to right stick I would only assume it would be making aiming less accurate even if only by a small margin.  Games with aim assist you probably cant even notice but pubg has zero assist so every micro movent is felt or seen.   I guess I could really confirm if it throws off aim by setting overly high value to exaderate it and see if its noticable.

I am also having a strange issue I believe is sab related but cant replicate.  When I open inventory screen sometimes it scrolls down rapidy through inventory as though right stick was pegged down but no button presses in titan or xim display.  It does not happen when using controller direct. Still trying to find a way to replicate as its random but happens frequent enough to become an issue.

Offline M_A_D_20

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:33 AM - 09/16/21 »
SAB is definitely related to the menu behavior that you've described. Adding too much SAB. I guess would have have to make a toggle sub config for menus if wanted to keep a particular SAB value. Like all the settings in ximapex, it's a great option to have. I find it more beneficial at a lower dpi. It's definitely not beneficial where movement is concerned, but i guess it's the trade-off. For sure, SAB OFF if the aim assist is OFF.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:08 AM - 09/16/21 »
I only ever run off and 0.  If you dont run 0 in pub you get strange behavior in hop mechanic like when jumping out of  plane you dont move until your press left to right first very strange.