XIM Community

my xim hub + xim apex is not charging my Sony nav  (Read 373 times)

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
I believe the correction is to use a powered usb hub. I just want to know in what plug in order so I connect everything if I'm using a powered usb hub instead of the xim hub provided with the apex.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: my xim hub + xim apex is not charging my Sony nav
« Reply #1 on: 09:15 AM - 09/14/21 »
Test different ports to find a port order that works for your hub. If you continue to have charge issues with the powered hub you may want to consider replacing the nav's battery. There are youtube tutorials on this.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:50 PM - 09/14/21 »
Test different ports to find a port order that works for your hub. If you continue to have charge issues with the powered hub you may want to consider replacing the nav's battery. There are youtube tutorials on this.

Thanks mist, appreciate it.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:01 PM - 09/16/21 »
So update...

I connected the Sony nav thru the powered usb hub then it goes into the middle usb of the xim hub that comes with apex.

The Nav works fine, but it randomly shuts off (no response) until I unplug and reconnect the xim apex then it works again like nothing. Till it randomly stops working again. The red light is slowly blinking on the Nav.

Any new suggestions?

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:26 AM - 09/17/21 »
Mist

I ordered a new battery for the Nav, if I remove the battery completely will that remove the shutting off issue? I don't use it wireless, I use it wired anyways.

Also if I can buy another refurbished one (found a store) should I do that?

Or is this something else other than the Nav?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:13 AM - 09/17/21 »
I cannot comment on your first question but for the second one you might run into the same issue, as there have been reports of buyers getting new Sony Navs with batteries that no longer work as the devices were on shelfs for several years.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
« Reply #6 on: 11:52 AM - 09/17/21 »
Mist

I ordered a new battery for the Nav, if I remove the battery completely will that remove the shutting off issue? I don't use it wireless, I use it wired anyways.

It's a battery issue . Am a nav user and I've got 5 of them currently 3 are in working condition the other two  have dead batteries. It sounds to me that you also have this issue best thing to do is either replace or by a whole new nav. Even the analog wears out over time which causes issues

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:00 PM - 09/17/21 »
Thanks guys.

Yea so I had two Navs, one had a bad analog stick and the second one is this battery issue.

I went to a non chain gaming store, they had 3 Navs and at just $15 each I bought two of them.

Connected one of the new ones and the issue is gone! Well for now at least. I hope.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:36 PM - 09/17/21 »
Mist

It's a battery issue . Am a nav user and I've got 5 of them currently 3 are in working condition the other two  have dead batteries. It sounds to me that you also have this issue best thing to do is either replace or by a whole new nav. Even the analog wears out over time which causes issues

Well the two I bought both have the same issue lol.

Question, have you ever tried on any of your 5 Navs (I have 4 now lol) to just remove the battery? So it's just wired only.

Admin