XIM Community

New Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta isn't even working with Remote Play on PS5  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
The new Call of Duty: Vanguard beta can also no longer be played using the Remote Play trick. If you play the game via Remote Play, you can use all the buttons in the menus - but as soon as you start a game on a map normally, you can no longer use certain buttons:
So far I've noticed it with L1, R1, L2, R2, L3 and R3.

Unfortunately, with Remote Play, it is also no longer possible to play the latest version of Call of Duty in the PS5 version.

Its like the devs are reading this forum and react immediately to new work arounds. ??? ???
« Last Edit: 01:56 AM - 09/11/21 by Sorothos »

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
so ? just need to plug your mouse & keyboard directly to the ps5 and play ps5 version of Vanguard .....

xim apex is useless now for PS5 ... need a new device from xim or an other team.... (if u want to play games with keyboard / mouse who are not compatible with native mouse / keyboard)

hope battlefield will be compatible, i mean native keyboard / mouse

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
xim apex is useless now for PS5 ... need a new device from xim or an other team.... (if u want to play games with keyboard / mouse who are not compatible with native mouse / keyboard)

A new device isn't needed, it's not a hardware issue preventing XIM or any other 3rd party adapters from working with PS5.

@Sorothos

It's most likely just a bug and not intended, Destiny 2 had a similar issue where it would switch to "PS Vita" controls whenever you would use remote play.

Bungie eventually fixed the issue, I've already reported the bug to SHGames.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
they will never find a way !!! since the release of the ps5, its still the same ...

even, im not sure they search how to fix ...

the answer was : remote play

but doesnt work now

its useless xim apex now

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
they will never find a way !!! since the release of the ps5, its still the same ...

but doesnt work now

its useless xim apex now

Remote Play does work, It works with every other game with no issues, including Warframe and Rainbow Six Siege which were updated to only work with DualSense.

The only reason it doesn't work on the Vanguard beta is due to a bug causing it to switch to PSVita controller layout with remote play.

Destiny 2 had the same issue and it was fixed a few weeks after.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
useless to play ps4 games version on ps5 ...

why buy a ps5 to play ps4 version games ....

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
Vita? Too bad Vita isn't compatible with XIM otherwise if you have one plug it in and use it as controller until there's a fix.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Just play native mouse and keyboard.

Is not like on Battlefield which is another DualSense check game, where there is not M/KB native support: No options.

Offline RV1709

• View Profile
Just play native mouse and keyboard.

Is not like on Battlefield which is another DualSense check game, where there is not M/KB native support: No options.

Actually some of us use the mouse and nav combo because we dont know how to use keyboard. Otherwise, it would have been super easy to move native

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
Thanks for clearing up that it is a bug in the Vanguard Beta :)

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10

but doesnt work now

its useless xim apex now

Actually there is mutliple ways of getting the xim to work with the ps5, and am sure solutions are being made . It's just a waiting process and once the devs implement it on the xim it'll work flawlessly.

Theres also illegal ways of getting the xim to work with the PS5 but let's not go down that root lol.