XIM Community

Brand of mouse matter with XIM ?  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Petricore

• View Profile
Brand of mouse matter with XIM ?
« on: 08:00 PM - 01/29/08 »
I just got my xfps and after monkying around with it, found that it sucks just as bad as everyone says. My Xim board will be here thursday and I'll solder it up and then I will be in business ! My question is, alot of people say different brands of mice work better with the xfps, when using the XIM does it really matter since its all running through my pc anyhow ?
I am stoked to try out the XIM when it gets here

Thanks,
Linc

Administrator

Re: Brand of mouse matter with XIM ?
« Reply #1 on: 08:17 PM - 01/29/08 »
I Hear the MX518 or w/e works the best. though i use the logitech G5 which works great as well.

Offline Petricore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:22 PM - 01/29/08 »
good to hear, Im not sure but I think I have one of the earlier models of the 518, cause it looks the same but I dont think it has the on the fly dpi switches. I have a g7 as well that I could tinker with. I CANT Wait for the xim to show up :D I was expecting the xfps to be bad, but not as bad as it was for me, the videos on youtube really made me think it was halfway servicable with the xfps.....

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: 08:23 PM - 01/29/08 »
you should be set then, the G7 or your 518 should work well :)

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:56 AM - 01/30/08 »
You're good then. . . Sounds like you got it all figured out and should be ready to Pwn

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:39 PM - 01/31/08 »
good to hear, Im not sure but I think I have one of the earlier models of the 518, cause it looks the same but I dont think it has the on the fly dpi switches. I have a g7 as well that I could tinker with. I CANT Wait for the xim to show up :D I was expecting the xfps to be bad, but not as bad as it was for me, the videos on youtube really made me think it was halfway servicable with the xfps.....

ya when I watched the vids I could tell right away there was a deadzone there with the sticky movement I witnessed. I used the xfps for 3 minutes (seriously, it was 1:59pm when I tried it out and it was 2:02 when it got packed back up and returned - I have proof!)then got rid of it.

Then of course, I found out about xim xim xim, and then I pwned pwned pwned. Of course I had to buy yet ANOTHER XFPS to use xim.

Soon as the xim2 comes out and it's tested. I will sell my set up on ebay for $140 (Xfps + Xim) plus 150 config files for halo 3 and cod 4.

I know the xim works wonderfully as it is and is the solution for others who don't want to build complicated set ups (ie xim2) so I know it will sell fast.

Oh yes bring on the xim2.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Petricore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:10 PM - 01/31/08 »
oh man I cant wait to try it out. the xfps really feels like a ginormous waste of money, if xim cures it, I will be in love till the xim2 comes out, then I'll sell her.
After I get used to it, we might have to exchange gamertags so a couple xim'ers can own up halo3 ;)