XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 35605 times)

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play
« Reply #225 on: 02:36 PM - 03/22/22 »
Looks like the beta link has changed, it now points to NEXUS.

Updated, thanks for the heads-up. It's at https://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=94.0

So since my xim apex died and I'm looking into getting it repaired I temporarily took my son's apex as a replacement till mine gets fixed. My question is this...

I'll need this xim beta firmware download for my son's apex if I'm to use remote play for my PS5?
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #226 on: 03:19 PM - 03/22/22 »
The beta when this thread was posted may now be the gold firmware. Just use the latest FW as it might be needed for the DualSense controller to work. Whichever FW was for PS5 compatibility with specialty PS4 controllers seems to do the job.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 05:04 PM - 03/22/22 »
The beta when this thread was posted may now be the gold firmware. Just use the latest FW as it might be needed for the DualSense controller to work. Whichever FW was for PS5 compatibility with specialty PS4 controllers seems to do the job.

Gotcha, thank you.

Fingers crossed I get it up & running today.

I think I have the latest fw on the Apex, but I'll check if it was an older version that was for specialty PS4 controllers.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline davion

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 01:31 AM - 04/16/22 »
Hi guys

I set up everything so far with xim4 and remote control.

If i plug the dualsense into PC i can use the controller with remote play however no inputs with kb and mouse.

If i plug dualsense into xim4 i see in the manager that the controller is recognized as a joystick, dualsense lights shine yellow for 2 sec and turn off. Xim manager recognizes the key inputs from kb and mouse however it is not transfered into the remote play.

Anything I am doing wrong? Xim4 is connected to Pc

Offline Snoofy

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 06:45 AM - 06/06/22 »
Hi guys

I set up everything so far with xim4 and remote control.

If i plug the dualsense into PC i can use the controller with remote play however no inputs with kb and mouse.

If i plug dualsense into xim4 i see in the manager that the controller is recognized as a joystick, dualsense lights shine yellow for 2 sec and turn off. Xim manager recognizes the key inputs from kb and mouse however it is not transfered into the remote play.

Anything I am doing wrong? Xim4 is connected to Pc

With XIM4 you can only use DS4, not the dualsense

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 03:43 AM - 06/09/22 »

OBsIV confirmed that PS5 wired to PC wired input over Remote Play is < 1ms roundtrip, so lag is not an issue over gigabit ethernet. If Remote Play input is lagging, check your setup.

PC or Mac PS Remote Play app is much simpler to use, but it's not quite as responsive as Beloader. Input lag can be 20-80ms, if Od1n's measurements are correct. Honestly, it feels really good most of the time, despite those ping spikes.

So what is right now?

I strongly assume that it is your second statement.
This is consistent with my experience of input lag.
(but please then correct the Post 1 in this thread)

Funny thing, I said it from the beginning in this forum. I wrote it was never a solution to use remote play because the input lag is way too big to keep up with competitive first person shooters.
(for example, see this post: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=95718.msg850893#msg850893)

I wasn't listened to back then, I was just told it was because of my setup.

nice that someone from the "staff" team of XIM has noticed it now: Input lag is very noticable

Remote play has NOT been a solution for PS5 players, at least not if you want decent response times.

I also stopped playing in the meantime, after almost 8 years of XIM, because there is simply no PS5 solution from the team and until today only a slow remote play solution is available. Too bad.

I know it's not your fault, no one has found the solution yet. But I have the feeling that this remote play solution was presented as too positive from the beginning here - there are clear disadvantages, at least with the setup (all wired, gigabit ethernet), which is mentioned here in post 1.

I just wanted to continue to emphasize: Remote Play (via desktop app on PC) is not a solution. I will try the Raspberry Pie solution next (hopefully).
Maybe then I'll get my fun (shooter) gaming back.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #231 on: 03:57 AM - 06/09/22 »
Both are correct. Roundtrip ping to the console is 1ms over ethernet. But the PS Remote Play app has 20-80ms of input lag.

By comparison, Beloader is 4ms over ethernet using Remote Play protocol with all audio & video components stripped out.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 05:01 AM - 06/09/22 »
Both are correct. Roundtrip ping to the console is 1ms over ethernet. But the PS Remote Play app has 20-80ms of input lag.

By comparison, Beloader is 4ms over ethernet using Remote Play protocol with all audio & video components stripped out.

Ah okay I understand. Then I will need to get a Beloader Pro or the Raspberry Pie solution.

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 06:53 PM - 06/17/22 »
Sorry for the lazy question but what is the current recommended option for something that is relatively simple and low input lag? Do I buy the Beloader Pro?

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 02:31 PM - 06/20/22 »
Sorry for the lazy question but what is the current recommended option for something that is relatively simple and low input lag? Do I buy the Beloader Pro?

The only simple solution is the Beloader, yes.

It's also the most effective in terms of lag.

Offline dgjr

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 07:35 AM - 06/30/22 »

My reading comprehension isn't the best 

I am currently using the over ethernet solution ... so I would have a 1 ms lag with plus a possible 20-80ms input lag

If I use the Beloader its's 4ms with the LAN option? Do we know the ms lag with Beloader WIFI?

Trying to see if it is worth getting Beloader (would I have improved performance over Remote and LAN solution) with Beloader WIFI or only Beloader and using the LAN option?

Thanks in advance!