XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 33837 times)

Offline Depaoli

• View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_OS0qHIyFn3btJj7VOv04Q?view_as=subscriber
  • PSN ID: DeRooT_
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play
« Reply #210 on: 05:31 PM - 12/20/21 »
xim flashing purple lightswhen i use remote play  any idea about that?
Subscribe my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_OS0qHIyFn3btJj7VOv04Q?view_as=subscriber

Follow and Subscribe my Twitch channel:
https://www.twitch.tv/deroot_

Join on my Discord server :
https://discord.gg/XnvzeTu5W2

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #211 on: 06:18 PM - 12/20/21 »
Reduce XIM polling rate to 250Hz, or overclock the controller to 1000Hz. More info in the OP.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline BigProof

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 11:49 PM - 12/21/21 »
I'm having a problem I can't get around and that is that the DualSense turns off as soon as I connect to Remote Play using the XIM.

When using a USB cable from DualSense to PC it gets detected instantly by the PC (Windows 10). When its plugged in this way I can connect to Remote Play and use the DualSense.

I can get the XIM to work this way:
DualSense + Mouse + Keyboard > Powered USB Hub > XIM > XIM USB Hub > PC. (Also tried connecting XIM in all three XIM USB Hub slots.)
But as soon as I connect to Remote Play the DualSense turns off. When I restart the DualSense the PS5 asks who's logged in, I select my only user and when it logs in I get disconnected from Remote Play. Rinse and repeat.

Settings and things I've tried:
  • The DualSense is connected through USB in the PS5 settings.
  • DualSense + Mouse + Keyboard -> XIM USB Hub -> XIM Apex -> Powered USB Hub -> PC. This works until I connect to Remote Play it then turns off the DualSense.
  • Not connecting the DualSense to the XIM USB Hub/Powered USB Hub until I'm about to connect to Remote Play or during XIM boot up. Same thing when connecting to Remote Play, it turns off the DualSense.
  • Tried different USB charge/sync cables. They all work when plugging DualSense directly to PC but when connecting to Remote Play the DualSense turns off.
  • XIM USB Hub, port 1: mouse, port 2: keyboard, port 3: DualSense. I've also tried switching ports.
Tried just about everything yesterday for a couple of hours to no avail. Any ideas why the DualSense turns off when connecting to Remote Play?

Offline Howling Mad Murdock

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 01:08 PM - 12/22/21 »
But as soon as I connect to Remote Play the DualSense turns off. When I restart the DualSense the PS5 asks who's logged in, I select my only user and when it logs in I get disconnected from Remote Play. Rinse and repeat.

For me this sounds like a device draws too much power. When you get a prompt from the PS5 to log in and then it disconnects, it seems that a connection is established directly with the PS5 (via Bluetooth). In this case Remote Play disconnects.

You could still try to power the XIM USB Hub (3.5 mm x 1.35 mm, center-positive) as well if you haven't already ... But I doubt that this will solve the problem.

What I'm wondering is, why the following solution wasn't discussed in the forum more intensively. Personally, I think this Android Phone-Remote Play solution is way more convenient than booting up the PC any time you want to play:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=97876.msg860934#msg860934

I am currently playing with my iPhone/iPad together with a cheap OTG adapter (~ 15 Ä) and a Dualshock 4 ;-) You just have to set the XIM to 250 Hz otherwise it will get the "purple flicker problem". But this seems to be a common problem.

PS4 / PS5 | Audio Setup: Creative Sound BlasterX G6 + Sony MDR-7506 + Mic + EZCOO HDMI 2.0 Audio Extractor | XIM Apex + Logitech G502 HERO + Sony Nav Controller

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #214 on: 05:43 PM - 12/22/21 »
The issue with Remote Play on mobile devices is there are frequent input lag spikes hitting around 2500ms (Od1n spent some time testing Android Remote Play mobile apps). It's not reliable enough to recommend.

Offline BigProof

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 01:22 AM - 12/23/21 »
For me this sounds like a device draws too much power. When you get a prompt from the PS5 to log in and then it disconnects, it seems that a connection is established directly with the PS5 (via Bluetooth). In this case Remote Play disconnects.
Turns out the RGB on the keyboard was causing it, when I turned that off everything worked. I would've never guessed as I've used the keyboard (Logitech G910) with the XIM for a long time on PS4 without problems. Thank you so much for the help!

Offline Aidan9

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AceAdapts
« Reply #216 on: 12:39 PM - 01/06/22 »
Is anyone sure on how to hook up the xim apex to Cronus zen via remote play? I have an error everytime I end up trying it where my controller is blue showing that it is connected but not working on the console. I am able to use as itís own but once I try connecting the xim to the cronus it does not work.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 07:05 PM - 01/06/22 »
Is anyone sure on how to hook up the xim apex to Cronus zen via remote play? I have an error everytime I end up trying it where my controller is blue showing that it is connected but not working on the console. I am able to use as itís own but once I try connecting the xim to the cronus it does not work.

I think its not possible to use both plus Remote Play.
To my understanding Sony Remote Play only supports the DualShock4 version 2 controller. In order to use a Zen with a XIM you must use the version 1 controller though. This one is not compatible with Remote Play. Therefore i think it doesnt work.

Maybe im wrong but looking at the compatibility requirements it probably shouldnt work. You will not have this issue with a Titan Two as it supports much more controllers, therefore XIM + Titan Two + DualShock4 version 2 for Sony Remote Play is no issue.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline HailAlistair1

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 02:15 AM - 02/18/22 »
I can't get the Dualsense to even turn on when connected though the Xim Apex to my PC. (it doesn't even light up)

It works normally when connected directly to the PC. And a Dualshock 4 works fine though the Xim-> PC -> Remove Play.

Any ideas?

Manager Version 5.00.20211216
Firmware Version 5.00.20211012

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 02:33 AM - 02/18/22 »
The DualSense is not yet fully compatible with Sony Remote Play. They might fix that in a future version of Remote Play.
Until then either use a PS4 v2 controller, or establish a connection with a PS4 v2 controller and then replace it with the DualSense.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline edman201

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 10:56 AM - 03/04/22 »
Regardless of the DualSense requirement in new or newly patched PS5 games, all of them can still be played using a XIM 4 or XIM APEX over Remote Play at 4K 60FPS and 1080p 120 FPS.

A DualSense controller on XIM APEX (requires beta firmware from https://xim.tech/beta) works for PC Remote Play, so a PS4 controller is not needed. A DualShock 4 V2 works in Remote Play on PC, Mac or PS4.

What you'll need for Remote Play to PS5 -

1. PC, Mac or PS4.
2. PS Remote Play app.
3. DualSense (PC only), or DualShock 4 V2 controller (Mac, PC & PS4).
4. XIM APEX (or XIM 4), mouse & keyboard (or Nav, Azeron etc).
5. A data or sync USB cable for the controller.

To minimise input lag (optional, but highly recommended) -

1. Gigabit ethernet network switch, or PS5 wired to the router or modem. PS5 and PC, Mac or PS4 should be wired to the same network switch, router or modem. Always use ethernet for online gaming if you care about performance.
2. Cat 5E or better ethernet cables.
3. If you don't have a wired ethernet, use gigabit Wifi 6 or input lag will be an issue and you should stop reading this now.
4. DualSense functions at 250Hz over USB. Set the XIM APEX Response Rate to 250Hz to avoid purple XIM APEX LED flashing, which indicates USB desync and will cause input lag.

OBsIV confirmed that PS5 wired to PC wired input over Remote Play is < 1ms roundtrip, so lag is not an issue over gigabit ethernet. If Remote Play input is lagging, check your setup.

Setup -

1. Start the PS5 console and login to your PSN Account.
2. Activate Remote Play in PS5 > Settings > Remote Play > Enable Remote Play.
3. Select the Link Device option in PS5 Remote Play settings. A code will display for use on PC, Mac or PS4.
4. Swap to PC, Mac or PS4. Download and install the PS Remote Play app.
5. Login to your PSN account in the Remote Play app on PC, Mac or PS4.
6. Click the Gear icon at bottom-left of the Remote Play app.
7. Set Resolution to 360p and Framerate to High. Disable Use Keyboard for text. These settings minimise lag over Remote Play. Close the popup window to return to Remote Play's main window.
8. Connect a DualSense (PC only) or DualShock 4 V2 controller to XIM. Other controllers do not work.
9. Connect XIM to PC, Mac or PS4.
10. Select PS5 in the Remote Play app on PC, Mac or PS4 to connect to the PS5 console.
11. Remote Play will search for PS5 connections over the Internet. If Remote Play doesn't automatically find your PS5, let it time out after a few minutes, then enter the Link Device code from step 5 to establish a Local Network connection. This is critical to minimising input lag - always use Local, not Internet.
12.DO NOT use the Remote Play app to view your game, use the screen connected to the PS5. If you only have one screen, setup your Remote Play connection in the steps above, then swap the HDMI input back to PS5 when you're ready to play.
13. Start a PS5 game using your XIM mouse, keyboard or XIM-connected controller.
14. Optional - to start Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select  Settings > System > Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode. Then turn on Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS5 from Network.
15. To quit Remote Play, close the app on PC, Mac or PS4.

Regular Use -

1. Turn on PS5 using the power button. Ignore if PS5 is in Rest Mode and Step 14 is enabled.
2. Connect XIM with mouse, keyboard & DualSense (or DS4 V2) to PC.
3. Start Remote Play app and connect to your PS5.
4. Enter the PSN user account password in Remote Play if one is set.
5. Use the screen or HDMI input connected to PS5 to view the game.

This solution works in all DualSense-restricted PS5 games. Input lag from XIM is minimal over gigabit ethernet. I honestly couldn't notice it in Remote Play due to the local network connection from the XIM on PC or Mac (both tested) to the PS5.

Caveats -

1. If only one DualSense controller is available, use the DualSense > PS button > Accessories > Wireless Controller > Turn Off option on PS5 to swap the DualSense from PS5 to XIM during setup.
2. A PS5 reboot may be needed if Remote Play is laggy or unresponsive. It's rock-solid with no noticeable lag over gigabit ethernet.
3. There will always be more lag in Remote Play over Wifi, unless you have gigabit Wifi 6 and minimal wireless interference.
4. Don't use Remote Play over the internet for online MP games, connect locally to PS5 in Remote Play. The app will indicate a nearby connection when Remote Play connects to the PS5 on the local network.
5. Not tested yet on PS4, but the process should be similar and needs a DS4 V2.
6. DualSense not tested on XIM 4, but a DS4 V2 works.
7. If your XIM APEX is set to 500 or 1000Hz Response Rate, you may experience USB desync (flashing purple LED) when using a DualSense controller and controls will become unresponsive. Install https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf on PC and force the DualSense polling rate to 1000Hz to resolve.

where is the beta firmware?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #221 on: 08:28 PM - 03/04/22 »
Looks like the beta link has changed, it now points to NEXUS.

Updated, thanks for the heads-up. It's at https://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=94.0

Offline shamus5178

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CQBShamus5178
« Reply #222 on: 11:12 AM - 03/20/22 »
Firstly, thank you  @ antithesis for pointing me here. Good long read, got it working but the dual sound via my pc was breaking me, found out about mixer while reading this and all sorted, thank you :)

Offline fariskhl

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fariskhl11
« Reply #223 on: 01:08 PM - 03/22/22 »
WOW! Thanks alot!  :) I almost thought that I wouldn't be able to play R6 on PS5 anymore with the XIM but this guide works flawlessly <3

However, I wanted to ask that once the Dualsense Controller connects via XIM to PC does it turn off? Because I wanted to use its 3.5mm jack to be able to use my wired earbuds, I cant play with those big @#$% wireless headphones :(

Is there a way to somehow utilize the 3.5mm jack via the DualSense controller while using XIM on PC in Remote Play?

FYI: I play Rainbow Six so I'm afraid using a headset connected to PC would kill the 3D audio of the PS5

Offline fariskhl

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fariskhl11
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play with a DualSense
« Reply #224 on: 01:37 PM - 03/22/22 »
Hello guys, thanks for this and it works brilliantly. I donít feel much input lag

However, I have an issue where mid game, my aim starts to go up and I lose responsiveness. Then I looked over at my remote play stream on the laptop, and I see that it was frozen.  This happened intermittently between two matches.

Iíve kept frame rate high and resolution 360p. Iíve also hard wired both the console and the laptop to the same network

My download speed is 250 Mbps and same for upload

Is there anything that is causing it to randomly disconnect or freeze ?

I was having the same issue, I bought Cat 6 ethernet cables and connected my PC & PS5 with my TP Link Archer C20 and its smooth now.