XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 31848 times)

Offline theoriginalkar

• View Profile
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play
« Reply #195 on: 06:43 PM - 12/01/21 »
I have a similar set up as someone mentioned earlier with the fire stick, except Iím using the NVIDIA Shield. XIM connected straight to the Shield. Iím able to get the dual sense controller working however when I move my mouse I get the purple flashing. I tried lowering to 250hz and that doesnít seem to work either. The controller is working perfect but the mouse is causing the XIM APEX to flash. Any ideas?

It looks like I spoke too soon. Although the XIM flashes purple when I move my mouse, it seems to be OK in game? Iím using the PS Remote Play app from the Google Play Store on a 2016 NVIDIA Shield. XIM Apex connected directly into the shield.

Offline Howling Mad Murdock

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 07:30 AM - 12/02/21 »
Adding to my previous post: I would assume that rooting the FTVS to add a custom keylayout for the DS V2 might fix the issue with the 4 buttons. Unfortunately, it seems that only older FTVSs are currently rootable AFAIK. So I guess I am done with my testing for now. Maybe in the future Amazon releases an updated Fire OS with Android 10 or higher. IMO Android 12 (that provides native DualSense support) is just wishful thinking as Amazon "usually" skips one Android version for a higher Fire OS version.

https://developer.amazon.com/de/docs/fire-tv/fire-os-overview.html

In the meantime I am curious testing the very promising Pi method from apex_vip if he accepts me as a tester ;-) IMO buying a Beloader device is just way too boring...
PS4 / PS5 | Audio Setup: Creative Sound BlasterX G6 + Sony MDR-7506 + Mic + EZCOO HDMI 2.0 Audio Extractor | XIM Apex + Logitech G502 HERO + Sony Nav Controller

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #197 on: 02:26 PM - 12/02/21 »
It looks like I spoke too soon. Although the XIM flashes purple when I move my mouse, it seems to be OK in game? Iím using the PS Remote Play app from the Google Play Store on a 2016 NVIDIA Shield. XIM Apex connected directly into the shield.
I have a Shield I can test too, but weíre moving into the range of impractical for most users.

My Fire TV 4K Max arrived. By the sound of it, it may be useful for XIM
Manager, but not Remote Play. Will test it over the weekend.

Iíll fire up my Pi too, not sure what version it is, but it has ethernet.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline theoriginalkar

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 02:44 PM - 12/02/21 »
I have a Shield I can test too, but weíre moving into the range of impractical for most users.

My Fire TV 4K Max arrived. By the sound of it, it may be useful for XIM
Manager, but not Remote Play. Will test it over the weekend.

Iíll fire up my Pi too, not sure what version it is, but it has ethernet.

Honestly speaking, if you have one, it works great. I didnít notice any lag / latency at all. I was using the PS4 controller that came with the original PS4 Pro, itís so worn that Iím not sure which model it is. But it works! No issues with the button layout. I tried the Nacon Pro 3 and the button layout was all messed up. Thereís a paid for 3rd party PS Remote Play called PSPlay and it works great. Again, the XIM is connected directly into the Shield.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #199 on: 03:04 PM - 12/02/21 »
PSPlay adds a deadzone and smoothing to controller input, so itís no good for XIM. Od1n spoke with the dev and he may be removing the deadzone in an update, but the smoothing messes up XIM microaim and that may not be removed.

Iíve been trying to figure out where I can slot my Shield into my setup. This gives me the motivation to work that out as it sounds like Ethernet Remote Play works just fine :)

Offline Ballos

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ballos2k
« Reply #200 on: 03:07 AM - 12/03/21 »
After a lot of testing and a lot of tries I found a solution for me.

1. start PS5
2. Connect Xim with mouse+tastatur to pc
3. start Remote Play but don't connect
4. connect DualSense to Xim
5. Connect Remote Play to PS5 and play

This works 9/10 for me

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 11:05 AM - 12/03/21 »
For what it's worth: I have just tested PSPad on the FTVS. And I must say it doesn't perform so bad actually. From what Od1n wrote, I would have expected a way worse experience. Honestly, I must admit that it feels a little different compared to Chiaki. When playing via Chiaki I didn't notice any difference compared to playing through the XIM directly connected to the console.

However, in PSPad the PS button and the touchpad button are also not working (Share and Options on the other hand are both working). This is unfortunate, especially since the touchpad button is a crucial one in many games (in Warzone for instance it opens up the map). But this shouldn't be much a a problem since you can remap your buttons within most of your game (e.g. Warzone) anyways. Even the PS5 itself has such an option (Settings -> Accessibility -> Controllers -> Custom Button Assignments). On top of that PSPad offers the possibility to map 2 button presses to one button.

In the settings dialog for PSPad there are certain sliders to configure the Analog stick for sensitivity, hiss threshold and for the stick dead zone. The dead zone setting for both sticks is "2" by default. This dialog would be pretty pointless if you were not able to configure these settings, at least on mobile devices. For me it seems that these settings can be adjusted and it is just a problem of interoperability between the App and the FTSV due to the lack of having a touchscreen. I'm looking forward to the new version of PSPad mentioned by Od1n.

Maybe the problem with the Share and Options button is something the author from Chiaki could easily fix as PSPad works for these two buttons. Although from what I've read, he considers Chiaki as finshed and in maintenance mode only: https://twitter.com/thestr4ng3r/status/1350210090629001216. Probably nothing related to the button problem, but he recently applied a small fix to Chiaki: https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki/
PS4 / PS5 | Audio Setup: Creative Sound BlasterX G6 + Sony MDR-7506 + Mic + EZCOO HDMI 2.0 Audio Extractor | XIM Apex + Logitech G502 HERO + Sony Nav Controller

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 12:44 PM - 12/03/21 »
After a lot of testing and a lot of tries I found a solution for me.

1. start PS5
2. Connect Xim with mouse+tastatur to pc
3. start Remote Play but don't connect
4. connect DualSense to Xim
5. Connect Remote Play to PS5 and play

This works 9/10 for me

Maybe just to add on the DualSense issue and Remote Play via PC as I had similar problems getting the DualSense detected by my PC and Remote Play: The DualSense wouldn't get detected either plugged directly into my PC or behind the XIM USB hub.

Here is what did the trick for me: I attached a regular USB hub to my PC and to this I attached the XIM with XIM's own USB Hub and the DualSense. It worked instantly and got detected by my Windows 10 machine running with Remote Play. I tested this with two different USB hubs (one was a cheap no name USB hub and the other is the one I mentioned in my previous posts). So maybe this helps others who currently struggle to get their DualSense getting detected ;-)

PC > some regular USB Hub > XIM > XIM USB Hub > DualSense + Mouse + Nav Controller

Offline squily

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: squily
« Reply #203 on: 11:51 AM - 12/06/21 »
I just followed the steps for the remote play method and it works really good (thanks antithesis).

But I have a question;how do you get voice chat to work?
I currently own an astro which I connected directly in the dualsense with a 35 mm jack since the ps5 has no optical connection.
If I connect my headset to the dualshock v2 I only have sound but voice chat isn't working.
Can I buy a usb headset for the ps5 and just plug it in or do I have to connect a headset to my pc to get a mic to work?

Offline Cookies2Eat

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 03:03 PM - 12/06/21 »
I currently own an astro which I connected directly in the dualsense with a 35 mm jack since the ps5 has no optical connection.?

https://blog.astrogaming.com/2020/12/a50-headset-playstation-5-setup-guide/

That's best option. Your headset is connected to ps5 and in settings, you will need to change voice input and output from RemotePlay to console.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 03:32 PM - 12/06/21 »
I just followed the steps for the remote play method and it works really good (thanks antithesis).

I currently own an astro which I connected directly in the dualsense with a 35 mm jack since the ps5 has no optical connection.
If I connect my headset to the dualshock v2 I only have sound but voice chat isn't working.
Can I buy a usb headset for the ps5 and just plug it in or do I have to connect a headset to my pc to get a mic to work?

The Sony Pulse wireless headset comes with a USB dongle. Works perfectly.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #206 on: 04:35 PM - 12/06/21 »
A MixAmp should also be usable with a PS console via USB.

Personally, I use a HDMI optical extractor into my audio gear. No need for a new headset.

Offline squily

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: squily
« Reply #207 on: 02:44 AM - 12/07/21 »
Thanks for the input guys.
@antithesis,you just saved me some money;I tried the mixamp with the usb cable,changed the settings and it works.
I really thouht it was only used to power the mixamp.Pretty dumb on my part.
Would a hdmi optical extractor give me better soundquality or is the difference barely noticable?

Offline patrickjs89

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: heavy_soul_89
« Reply #208 on: 08:38 PM - 12/14/21 »
Group,

I apologize if this has been covered and I didn't see it.  I have been a XIM4 user since 2016 and love it.  I've been playing Battlefield 2042, PS4 version and PS5 version, on PS5.  When I have my XIM4 plugged in direct to the console and play PS4 version, it works great and I play really well.  When I do remote play and play PS5 version, it feels smooth but I constantly get my @#$% kicked, almost like I feel like I'm on a 2-3 second delay.  I can't go positive at all in any round, and every death I get is baffling.  My question is, for remote play, do you have to set the PS5 to a lower resolution?  Is there a setting I'm missing or do I just suck?

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 03:20 AM - 12/15/21 »
is your PS5 getting hot? do you have little jerks

Admin