XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 35620 times)

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play
« Reply #120 on: 11:03 PM - 10/25/21 »
Maybe its because in the shown video the Remote Play software already has a running connection to the PS5.
When Remote Play is already connected i can remove the controller, or even turn it off an Remote Play wont care. It would be interesting if Remote Play works with a plugged in DualSense before establishing the connection.
I can try other combinations if you want.
How do you want me to try next time?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 10:06 AM - 10/26/21 »
Thanks Sonicspinner! :)
Maybe try if it will also work with a DualSense if Remote Play doesnt show a video feed of the console yet. For other users this has been the issue, they cannot start a Remote Play connection when the DualSense is already connected to the XIM. It only works if you connect it after Remote Play is already communicating with the console.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 11:36 AM - 10/26/21 »
All this is so intriguing to me. Love the fact that he went out of his way to make videos and upload them for all of us. So awesome of you!
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #123 on: 04:08 PM - 10/26/21 »
Sonic let me know about the DualSense working with XIM APEX in the first place. Dude's a champ :salute:

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 01:11 AM - 10/27/21 »
hey guys! sorry for the late reply. got caught up in real life stuff :D
anyways, i will try your requests and upload video very soon.
cheers and thanx!

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 04:48 AM - 10/27/21 »
ok back.
geezzz its a mess! lol

first of all the method with

- turn on ps5, connect DS, kb mouse with xim and plug it into the laptop and then launch the ps remote, doesnt work.
it didnt make a handshake with the Dual sense at all. I can tell if on the psn menu it says, controller connected.

anyways, then i immidiatly tried my workaround, with disconnecting the xim, and disconnecting the dual.
connect the xim to laptop , wait for the heartbeat, and then connect DS. guess what. that didnt work either.
controller was connected though, it showed battery chargin animation but no handshake with xim.

i couldnt for the life of me, make it work with any combinations. untill i tried something else.

disoconnect the xim from the pc , while the DS is still connected to the xim, reconnect the xim
and hammer the backspace button and W button. ( my backspace is assigned to behave like PS button )
then everything worked.

- from here i couuld disconnect xim and reconnect = work
 - while everything was connected i shut down ps remote, and started it up again = work

later i removed eveything to the state where nothign worked, and i tried the backspace ( PS button ) and W method again, and it worked.

so im not sure if this is a coincidense or just the handshake between xim and psremote needs some few tried and timing.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 01:54 AM - 10/29/21 »
Great findings Sonicspinner! This sounds indeed like a mess, but maybe some other XIM users can confirm your discovered workaround to also work for them. Not every PS5 owner has a DualShock version 2 at home for remote play. One thing to add here is that the DualSense pro probably doesnt advertise itself as such to the PC through the XIM. Or at least it shouldnt, as the XIM will either pretend to be a DualShock or speciality controller.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 04:08 AM - 11/03/21 »
4. Don't use Remote Play over the internet for online MP games, connect locally to PS5 in Remote Play. The app will indicate a nearby connection when Remote Play connects to the PS5 on the local network.

What do you mean? Online MP Games is not recommended with remote play? Or what is mean with "connect locally"?

Have to ask, because I am faced with the decision: Call of Duty Vanguard as PS4 version or as PS5 version with remote play?
If there is even a hint of input lag, then definitely the ugly PS4 version.

My Setup:
1000 Mbit/s Downstream, 50 Mbit/s Upstream
-->
FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
-->
NETGEAR GS305 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
-->
Ethernet on Port 1 in Switch, Playstation 5 on Port 2, PC on Port 3.

All ethernet cables are CAT 8.1. There shouldn't be any input lag, right?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #128 on: 03:11 PM - 11/03/21 »
I mean don't connect Remote Play from your PC to PlayStation 5 over the internet. For example, you can connect to your PS5 at home from a work computer. Remote Play needs to connect within your home to minimise lag.

PS5 connecting to a game server on the internet is irrelevant, there'll always be wide area network (internet) lag. That has nothing to do with local area input lag from Remote Play connecting from PC to PS4.

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 05:36 AM - 11/04/21 »
has anyone been lucky to have the cod vanguard on disc ( ps5  ) and tested out remote play to see if all the buttons are now correct or not

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 05:28 PM - 11/04/21 »
Tested. Cod vanguard ps5 works perfectly with xim apex over remote play
« Last Edit: 05:46 PM - 11/04/21 by Sonicspinner »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #131 on: 05:31 PM - 11/04/21 »
Cold War or Vanguard?

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 05:46 PM - 11/04/21 »
Cold War or Vanguard?
Sorry typo. I corrected it.
I mean vanguard

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 10:28 PM - 11/04/21 »
Tested. Cod vanguard ps5 works perfectly with xim apex over remote play

Awesome, so they solved the Remote Play bug from the beta! :)

Offline Willem4d

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 08:36 AM - 11/07/21 »
I have a very weird thing going on with remote play  with ds5 it is working for 20sec and than the xim start flashing purple  and stop working i already use a powered hub and overclocked the ds5 what  els can it be ?