XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 18152 times)

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play with a DualSense
« Reply #90 on: 11:32 AM - 10/07/21 »
ok so i enabled dynamic fps on my monitor and shows 144 hz and it never changers what ever game i play on remote play
 when i look at the monitor info through the control pannel on the side of my asus monitor it says

DisplayPort 1 [email protected]

so that idea doesn't work

it does if you are that playing normally on the console without remote play i tested it in cold war 

Offline jkfelix69

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 05:56 PM - 10/08/21 »
Thanks so much for the detailed tutorial. I followed all the steps and boom… The XIM is still alive and not obsolete, as initially feared! I’m using a MacBook Air. I plug the PS5 Dualsense into my XIM and it works like a treat. PS5 and MacBook are both connected to the same network via Ethernet. I can’t tell the difference from the days when I used my XIM on my PS4… Man am I excited! The XIM remains my go to! Woop woop!

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 05:00 AM - 10/10/21 »
how is possible with dualsense on your mac ? i tried with my apex + dualsense on py PC, doesnt work...

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #93 on: 10:21 PM - 10/12/21 »
It's not possible to use a DualSense on macOS, it must be a DS4 V2.

I noticed a Remote Play update has been rolled out and my DualSense didn't want to work on PC, but a DS4 V2 did on both PC & Mac, with both APEX and NEXUS.

More testing required...

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline tzerony

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 12:19 PM - 10/13/21 »
For me everything works, and almost with unnoticable input lag for my mouse and keyboard. However, there is a lag while using my headset connected to the PC (unfortunately, I own the Steelseries Arctis 9x - only works on PC and Xbox). I have followed all steps from the guide... Any ideas?
PlayStation 5
XBOX Series X
XIM Apex
Titan 2

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 02:44 PM - 10/13/21 »
Connect the headset to the console as you normally would, that way you have no lag :).
In the console audio settings switch the audio output mode from remote play back to your headset.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline tzerony

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 02:58 PM - 10/13/21 »
Connect the headset to the console as you normally would, that way you have no lag :).
In the console audio settings switch the audio output mode from remote play back to your headset.

Thank you Od1n! However that wont work, because this specific headset is only compatible with the XBOX and PC. Remote play is my only hope and option. I dont understand why the picture is without lag but the sound is..
PlayStation 5
XBOX Series X
XIM Apex
Titan 2

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 05:46 PM - 10/13/21 »

Thank you Od1n! However that wont work, because this specific headset is only compatible with the XBOX and PC. Remote play is my only hope and option. I dont understand why the picture is without lag but the sound is..

Then buy another headset. I have the Sony Pulse, it ain't great but it works well.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline tzerony

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 03:27 AM - 10/14/21 »

Then buy another headset. I have the Sony Pulse, it ain't great but it works well.

I just spent 250€ on the Arctis 9x... so my budget for headset is used. Thank you for the recommendation anyway.
PlayStation 5
XBOX Series X
XIM Apex
Titan 2

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 04:01 AM - 10/14/21 »
In that case buy a cheap usb soundcard and connect it directly to the console, the headset then goes into that soundcard.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #100 on: 04:24 AM - 10/14/21 »
I'm not a fan of any gaming headset. They're all crap masquerading as clay.

Buy a proper, affordable, industrial-strength, audiophile headset like Fidelio X2HR/00 cans and a ModMic or V-Moda Boom Pro. You have an audio setup that works on everything, for less than a gaming headset that'll die within a year or two.
« Last Edit: 03:47 PM - 10/14/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline tzerony

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 06:12 AM - 10/14/21 »
In that case buy a cheap usb soundcard and connect it directly to the console, the headset then goes into that soundcard.

How did I not think about that earlier? Thank so you much for your help.

Just to make a precise purchase: My headset has Microsoft Dongle, which would be connected to the external sound card - right?

I have found this one: https://www.amazon.de/CSL-Soundkarte-Lautst%C3%A4rkeregelung-Anschluss-Audioplayers/dp/B07JYNJLVR

What do you think?

@Antithesis: That is a very good alternative, which I will surely consider as soon as my headset has died. Thank you so much for being friendly and helpful!
« Last Edit: 07:22 AM - 10/14/21 by tzerony »
PlayStation 5
XBOX Series X
XIM Apex
Titan 2

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 11:25 PM - 10/15/21 »

How did I not think about that earlier? Thank so you much for your help.

Just to make a precise purchase: My headset has Microsoft Dongle, which would be connected to the external sound card - right?

I have found this one: https://www.amazon.de/CSL-Soundkarte-Lautst%C3%A4rkeregelung-Anschluss-Audioplayers/dp/B07JYNJLVR

What do you think?

@Antithesis: That is a very good alternative, which I will surely consider as soon as my headset has died. Thank you so much for being friendly and helpful!

According to rtings.com, the USB plug for the headphones doesn't carry an audio signal and is only used for charging the battery.

It looks like you can plug a 1/8” audio cable into the audio jack on the headphones and the other end into the DualSense 5 controller. I don't think the headset microphone will work while doing this, and the headphones will be using the controller amp/dac instead of the headphone amp/dac.

The only way to use the headphone amp/dac appears to be
by connecting them via bluetooth or Microsoft's proprietary wifi.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/steelseries/arctis-9x-wireless
« Last Edit: 08:30 AM - 10/16/21 by Oskool »

Offline ShmooMan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 11:39 PM - 10/16/21 »
Anyone able to use xim link with remote play? Can't seem to figure it out.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 02:56 AM - 10/17/21 »
Anyone able to use xim link with remote play? Can't seem to figure it out.

Works in the same way as it does without remote play. Maybe check if you have the most recent XIM Link version, and also if your XIM Link detected your XIM Apex in the interface.
If it still doesnt work verify if remote play works without XIM Link, and then if XIM Link works without remote play.

Admin