XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 16332 times)

Offline kingmarech

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: houndmarech
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play with a DualSense
« Reply #30 on: 01:03 PM - 09/09/21 »
Hello.

I followed the instructions. However, when I tried connecting my DualSense to the XIM APEX on PC it isn't working. It only works when I plug my DualSense with it's USB to the normal PC PORT. But doesn't work once plugged to the XIM Apex ports " ... "

Please help.

I think its power issue this also was happening to mine but i tried multiple times to plug and unplug the xim from my pc then after couple of tries usually works. this happens almost every time i turn on my pc but its so easy to fix just try couple of times.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #31 on: 03:51 PM - 09/09/21 »
So glad this was posted (with a video as well!), I'll def go this route as I didn't want to have to purchase the PS4 version.

Does the quality of my pc matter? Can I just use any windows 10 laptop I have lying around?

Also, does the Gigabit ethernet network switch hub need to be cloud managed or unmanaged?

Cables recommended? (specific ones)
Your PC should be good enough if it's running Win 10. It's only used as passthrough for input from XIM APEX to PS5. The Remote Play window can be minimised during use, so PC resources should be minimal, regardless of specs.

Network configuration is dealer's choice. A network switch doesn't have any management at all (they're plug-and-play), it's similar to a USB hub. I use a bunch of network switches around the house connected via in-wall cabling to a central router, which then connects to the modem. But if your gaming setup is close to the modem, just bang the PC & PS5 network cables into the 4-port router at the rear of the modem.

Cables just need to be Cat5E or better for gigabit network compatibility.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #32 on: 03:53 PM - 09/09/21 »
I had to upgrade to latest beta firmware to get the dualsense to work on pc (win10) via xim apex.

Upgraded from 20200307 to beta 20210625.
Thanks for that, guide updated.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline RV1709

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:43 AM - 09/10/21 »
Hello guys, thanks for this and it works brilliantly. I donít feel much input lag

However, I have an issue where mid game, my aim starts to go up and I lose responsiveness. Then I looked over at my remote play stream on the laptop, and I see that it was frozen.  This happened intermittently between two matches.

Iíve kept frame rate high and resolution 360p. Iíve also hard wired both the console and the laptop to the same network

My download speed is 250 Mbps and same for upload

Is there anything that is causing it to randomly disconnect or freeze ?

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06:29 AM - 09/10/21 »
This option with PC Remote does not make sense for shooter FPS games.  It's like I've plugged in my Commodore 64 or Amiga.
« Last Edit: 06:37 AM - 09/10/21 by sizzerb »
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline RV1709

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11:31 AM - 09/10/21 »
Not working on vanguard beta ... aim down doesnít respond

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01:07 PM - 09/10/21 »
I have the same problem too

Not even with dual sense directly to the pc
« Last Edit: 01:36 PM - 09/10/21 by Sonicspinner »

Offline Mediablurr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MediaBlurr
« Reply #37 on: 02:35 PM - 09/10/21 »
My controller either does not turn on, or when I get it to turn on as soon as I choose profile it disconnects from remote play. Using PS5, DualSense, Xim Apex

Offline Scorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03:43 PM - 09/10/21 »
so finally got home and have started up the vanguard beta, have the ps5 controller plugged in, works fine over remote play smooth movement BUT triggers do not work, tried it with the ds4 controller also movement is all fine etc but the R2 & L2 buttons dont seem to register so cannot aim or shoot, tried remapping buttons nothing  anyone any ideas?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #39 on: 03:53 PM - 09/10/21 »
This option with PC Remote does not make sense for shooter FPS games.  It's like I've plugged in my Commodore 64 or Amiga.
OBsIV measured roundtrip ping for input from a wired PS5 to a wired PC at less than 1ms over Remote Play. If youíre getting lag, youíre doing it wrong. At most, when configured over ethernet, Remote Play adds 1ms of input lag.

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04:03 PM - 09/10/21 »
so finally got home and have started up the vanguard beta, have the ps5 controller plugged in, works fine over remote play smooth movement BUT triggers do not work, tried it with the ds4 controller also movement is all fine etc but the R2 & L2 buttons dont seem to register so cannot aim or shoot, tried remapping buttons nothing  anyone any ideas?
same problem.. works in cod cw but not vanguard. they must have added protection :(

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04:08 PM - 09/10/21 »
same problem.. works in cod cw but not vanguard. they must have added protection :(

Its more likely that because of the game being a beta the remote access is not fully developed yet.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:55 PM - 09/10/21 »
So it works better with the Chiaki tool (softer + less input lag.) But there are still input lags from time to time. You can't see anything on 360 with the tool.) I did it on 1080, it works.) I'm still testing. But the Sony Remote App is for the @ # $% :)

I am using a CAT 8 - 8.1 cable
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B083DZHLH9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't hope we have to play like this forever.

OBsIV measured roundtrip ping for input from a wired PS5 to a wired PC at less than 1ms over Remote Play. If youíre getting lag, youíre doing it wrong. At most, when configured over ethernet, Remote Play adds 1ms of input lag.
« Last Edit: 06:01 PM - 09/10/21 by sizzerb »
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #43 on: 05:59 PM - 09/10/21 »
On 360 you can't see anything with the tool.) Have done on 1080 it works.

You don't look at the tool for gaming, you continue to look at your screen connect to your PS5. So, you should keep it on 360p to reduce bandwidth.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06:09 PM - 09/10/21 »
That's stupid my TV can't 120 FPS and no 1ms.
Unless I can (use PS5 or PC in WLAN)

On 360 you can't see anything with the tool.) Have done on 1080 it works.

You don't look at the tool for gaming, you continue to look at your screen connect to your PS5. So, you should keep it on 360p to reduce bandwidth.