XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 16003 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play with a DualSense
« Reply #15 on: 03:42 AM - 09/08/21 »
Yes there is. Let's not talk about that yet as some people have connection issues with it.

Also, no timeouts. DualSense is a winner...on PC at least :) A DS4 V2 is needed on Mac or PS4.

Testing the DualSense connected to APEX in Astro's Playground showed that Haptics aren't working (APEX issue, works in Remote Play), Trigger Effects are working (a bit stiffer on APEX), Touchpad is perfect, Motion Control works (a bit wobbly due to Remote Play) and the DualSense mic doesn't work (due to Remote Play).

So we have DualSense working on XIM APEX, with Trigger Effects, Touchpad & Motion Control, via Remote Play on PC :oof: From what I hear, that's not possible with the 3rd party software workaround. More testing required.
« Last Edit: 06:20 AM - 09/08/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline bigmasta

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: bigmasta
  • PSN ID: bigmasta73
« Reply #16 on: 06:31 AM - 09/08/21 »
I followed your steps (with PS5 Dual Sense Controller), after remote connection is active and then when I connect my APEX to the PC the power of my dual sense shuts down, when I activate it again my remote access cuts of the connection to my PS5. what do I wrong?
XSX
PS5 Digital Edition

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #17 on: 06:54 AM - 09/08/21 »
Make sure your DualSense is FULLY Charged ^^
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline bigmasta

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:56 AM - 09/08/21 »
Make sure your DualSense is FULLY Charged ^^
it is full :(
XSX
PS5 Digital Edition

Offline bigmasta

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:11 AM - 09/08/21 »
as soon as I connect Mouse or Keyboard to the APEX Hub, my Dual Sense goes offline...
XSX
PS5 Digital Edition

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:08 AM - 09/08/21 »
as soon as I connect Mouse or Keyboard to the APEX Hub, my Dual Sense goes offline...

Are you using any additional devices chained to the XIM that could cause a powerdraw issue? Such as a T2?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:10 AM - 09/08/21 »
By the way for those who prefer to watch a video which shows all the steps then you can watch this here instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-agzhD-_0U

Also worth it to mention this will work with a XIM4 too, you dont have to use a XIM Apex to play PS5 games :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline playpirate07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: piscine10
  • PSN ID: piscine10
« Reply #22 on: 11:46 AM - 09/08/21 »
Hello.

I followed the instructions. However, when I tried connecting my DualSense to the XIM APEX on PC it isn't working. It only works when I plug my DualSense with it's USB to the normal PC PORT. But doesn't work once plugged to the XIM Apex ports " ... "

Please help.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: 02:31 PM - 09/08/21 »
Also worth it to mention this will work with a XIM4 too, you dont have to use a XIM Apex to play PS5 games :) .
I mention XIM 4 in the guide, but havenít tried it with a DualSense yet. A DS4 V2 works though.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #24 on: 02:34 PM - 09/08/21 »
Hello.

I followed the instructions. However, when I tried connecting my DualSense to the XIM APEX on PC it isn't working. It only works when I plug my DualSense with it's USB to the normal PC PORT. But doesn't work once plugged to the XIM Apex ports " ... "

Please help.
Try the controller in another slot. Also make sure the USB cable supports data or sync.

Do you have the XIM APEX beta firmware installed? Itís not known if itís a factor, but mine has beta firmware. Iíll test this today.

Offline bigmasta

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:04 PM - 09/08/21 »
Are you using any additional devices chained to the XIM that could cause a powerdraw issue? Such as a T2?

Nope, only APEX.
XSX
PS5 Digital Edition

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #26 on: 05:12 PM - 09/08/21 »
Sounds like a power issue. Try with just the DualSense controller connected direct to XIM APEX. No USB hub.

If you can get that working, you'll know it's something to do with your keyboard or mouse.

Do you have the beta XIM APEX firmware installed? I don't know if it makes any difference, but worth mentioning.

Offline matizex

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: matizex
« Reply #27 on: 01:49 AM - 09/09/21 »
Hello.

Please help.
Try the controller in another slot. Also make sure the USB cable supports data or sync.

Do you have the XIM APEX beta firmware installed? Itís not known if itís a factor, but mine has beta firmware. Iíll test this today.

I had to upgrade to latest beta firmware to get the dualsense to work on pc (win10) via xim apex.

Upgraded from 20200307 to beta 20210625.

Offline R6tomo2020

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03:23 AM - 09/09/21 »
Hi all,
Tried everything. When I connect the duelsense to the xim and plug it into PC nothing is happening. But if I plug duelsense directly in I can control the ps5 over remote play.

I have updated to the latest Beta firmware (which I was already on but rolled back and still didn't work) .

Am I missing something. Duel sense is plugged into xim slot 3. Logitech g502 into slot 1 and ps3 nav into slot 2.

Help please.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05:36 AM - 09/09/21 »
So glad this was posted (with a video as well!), I'll def go this route as I didn't want to have to purchase the PS4 version.

Does the quality of my pc matter? Can I just use any windows 10 laptop I have lying around?

Also, does the Gigabit ethernet network switch hub need to be cloud managed or unmanaged?

Cables recommended? (specific ones)
« Last Edit: 06:50 AM - 09/09/21 by Boltman »
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559