XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 18149 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play with a DualSense
« Reply #75 on: 10:38 PM - 09/30/21 »
Just watch on the Remote Play app on PC or Mac, as well as the PS5 during connection. It’ll say something like “making local connection” during the process. I don’t recall the exact phrasing, but I’m confident it says “local”.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #76 on: 02:35 PM - 10/01/21 »
Nah, the Remote Play app attempts the internet first, which is arse about face. It should try LAN first. After the initial setup, it does try LAN first, but can bypass it, which is stupid.

That's odd.  I know my phone looks local first and then looks for internet

I didn't pay attention to using it on PC though. 

Offline MyHealthMan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05:39 PM - 10/01/21 »
Just watch on the Remote Play app on PC or Mac, as well as the PS5 during connection. It’ll say something like “making local connection” during the process. I don’t recall the exact phrasing, but I’m confident it says “local”.

Hey AntiThesis, first I wanted to say thanks. You are basically carrying this community lol, and you saved us all with the remote play.

I have many many questions to ask you, I have read nearly all your posts and they answer most of them, I just was curious if you had the time to run through my post before I go ahead and pull the trigger on all these purchases?
I have a Logitech G512 keyboard, G402 fury mouse, and an Acer 32" 165hz monitor  Free Sync. A brand new PS5 controller.

Okay, what I'm going to be purchasing.
1) 5 port gigabit Ethernet Switch:
2) Cat 6 Ethernet Cables
3) A powered USB HUB (not sure which one, does it literally have to be powered as in also plugged into electricity)
4) A USB to Ethernet adapter for my Macbook to plug into the ethernet switch

Would this following hypothetical setup even work? (hardware only, before I sort out software processes, (your guide is amazing for this though).

I plug a powerline adapter to directly to the wall outlet, this adapter is connected to the router downstairs (good latency).

I connect this powerline adapter to the ethernet switch.

Then I use two cables out of the ethernet switch, one to my PS5 and one to my Macbook via the USB to Ethernet adapter, which is connected to the powered USB hub connected to my Macbook (macbook is always on charge).

I also plug the XIM APEX hub into the powered hub, then plugging in my controller, keyboard and mouse to the XIM hub.

Do you see any potential problems with this? Anything I should sort out before hand?

What powered USB hub should I buy and do I need a PS4 controller as well?

Does my USB powered hub and ethernet to USB adapter have to be for 2.0, or it doesnt really matter?

Would any USB / Ethernet adapter work with a Macbook?

Thank you so much man, I'm sure I'll have many more questions but that can come after I buy everything and before BF2042 comes out LOL
« Last Edit: 06:09 PM - 10/01/21 by MyHealthMan »

Offline gaozheyu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: baymaxyu
« Reply #78 on: 08:11 AM - 10/04/21 »
我有2个显示器,一个是电脑用的2k144,一个是ps5用的4k60,请问如果我远程播放在pc上,帧数是如何的。

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 08:44 AM - 10/04/21 »

Regardless of your 2 monitors you can only go at 120hz on next gen console. If you're asking what I think you're asking.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline jdrees

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 12:38 PM - 10/05/21 »
Hey guys I'm really trying to get this to work.  I'm an older guy who apparently isn't good at this :(  So far i've managed to get the remote play working on my pc.  I can see the ps5 screen.  So i'm on the step that says to start a game on ps5 through the keyboard or controller attached to the xim.  However nothing moves.  I have the same ps4 controller attached to the xim that I use on ps4.  Any suggestions?

i have flashed the xim to the beta firmware.  only thing I can think of is i don't have xim manager on my pc.  I downloaded it but i cannot connect to the xim.  I've been using the manager on my iphone for ps4

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 03:19 PM - 10/05/21 »
Hey guys I'm really trying to get this to work.  I'm an older guy who apparently isn't good at this :(  So far i've managed to get the remote play working on my pc.  I can see the ps5 screen.  So i'm on the step that says to start a game on ps5 through the keyboard or controller attached to the xim.  However nothing moves.  I have the same ps4 controller attached to the xim that I use on ps4.  Any suggestions?

i have flashed the xim to the beta firmware.  only thing I can think of is i don't have xim manager on my pc.  I downloaded it but i cannot connect to the xim.  I've been using the manager on my iphone for ps4

Does it work with the controller connected directly to the PC?
Also you need a DualShock4 version 2 controller (the one with the horizontal lightbar at the top of the touchpad).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline jdrees

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 06:37 PM - 10/05/21 »
First, thanks so much for responding. I plug the apex into PC USB and it doesn’t work. However I’m using the controller that came with my ps4. Same  controller I use with my Apex on the ps4. I was not aware there was another version. That must be it.

If I purchased the horipad listed in another thread as working on some games, would that work? 

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 08:31 PM - 10/05/21 »
The Hori pad doesnt work, you need one of the most recent PS4 controllers. They have a horizontal lightbar at the top of the touchpad.

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 12:14 AM - 10/06/21 »
Hi guys

How do i show fps on remote play I've read here that the ps5 could be running at 120fps game dependent   I've tried fraps and GeForce overlay but they don't show  what remote play is streaming at  on my pc?

thanks

Offline gaozheyu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: baymaxyu
« Reply #85 on: 01:08 AM - 10/06/21 »

Regardless of your 2 monitors you can only go at 120hz on next gen console. If you're asking what I think you're asking.
Because my PC is 2k144hz, I don't know if 2K has any effect on it. Is it 2k120 or 1080p120?

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 03:43 PM - 10/06/21 »

Because my PC is 2k144hz, I don't know if 2K has any effect on it. Is it 2k120 or 1080p120?

I believe it is 1080p120
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 11:04 PM - 10/06/21 »
I believe it is 1080p120

ok but how do you see what the fps is " i believe" is a bit vague .where's the science

thanks

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #88 on: 06:12 AM - 10/07/21 »
Check the Display Info in the OSD of the screen. It'll show current resolution and Hz (FPS).

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 08:46 AM - 10/07/21 »
Silly me i should have thought of that my  ASUS ROG Strix XG27U has a built in fps app ruining in real time i can test it with that