XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 18158 times)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play with a DualSense
« Reply #45 on: 07:09 PM - 09/10/21 »
Nope, only APEX.

Try using a USB2 port (Not blue)

I've just experienced the issue you are having and it only happens when my XIM is connected to a USB3 port (Blue)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play with a DualSense
« Reply #46 on: 01:09 AM - 09/11/21 »
So it works better with the Chiaki tool (softer + less input lag.) But there are still input lags from time to time. You can't see anything on 360 with the tool.) I did it on 1080, it works.) I'm still testing. But the Sony Remote App is for the @ # $% :)

I am using a CAT 8 - 8.1 cable
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B083DZHLH9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't hope we have to play like this forever.

This option with PC Remote does not make sense for shooter FPS games.  It's like I've plugged in my Commodore 64 or Amiga.
OBsIV measured roundtrip ping for input from a wired PS5 to a wired PC at less than 1ms over Remote Play. If you’re getting lag, you’re doing it wrong. At most, when configured over ethernet, Remote Play adds 1ms of input lag.

What's chiaki tool?

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01:50 AM - 09/11/21 »
Just found the remote play topic now, already created another one, but anyway, I'll just post it here again in case it wasn't already known:
The new Call of Duty: Vanguard beta can also no longer be played using the Remote Play trick. If you play the game via Remote Play, you can use all the buttons in the menus - but as soon as you start a game on a map normally, you can no longer use certain buttons:
So far I've noticed it with L1, R1, L2, R2, L3 and R3.

Unfortunately, with Remote Play, it is also no longer possible to play the latest version of Call of Duty in the PS5 version.

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12:22 AM - 09/13/21 »
So it works better with the Chiaki tool (softer + less input lag.) But there are still input lags from time to time. You can't see anything on 360 with the tool.) I did it on 1080, it works.) I'm still testing. But the Sony Remote App is for the @ # $% :)

I am using a CAT 8 - 8.1 cable
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B083DZHLH9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't hope we have to play like this forever.

This option with PC Remote does not make sense for shooter FPS games.  It's like I've plugged in my Commodore 64 or Amiga.
OBsIV measured roundtrip ping for input from a wired PS5 to a wired PC at less than 1ms over Remote Play. If you’re getting lag, you’re doing it wrong. At most, when configured over ethernet, Remote Play adds 1ms of input lag.

What's chiaki tool?

it is a tool better I think He4DHuNt3r can explain that.
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12:33 AM - 09/13/21 »
have now tested a little but it's not much fun.  as soon as a lag comes from the internet or from the server of the FPS game, the whole thing is pointless.  It's a nice little part to play with (test play) but not suitable for the future.
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #50 on: 01:22 AM - 09/13/21 »
I agree, Remote Play is not the best long-term solution. But it does allow us to play DualSense-locked games now rather than waiting 6 months for something more permanent.

If you really care about using a XIM to its maximum potential, get a Series X.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline amiralinamaziuv400

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lazysmxker
« Reply #51 on: 03:46 AM - 09/13/21 »
its not a solution to change the platform we need real update or new adaptor ASAP
if its impossible just be honest with the usears to find another team or another way to connect MK to ps5
at this way xim is exlusive to XBOX

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05:04 AM - 09/13/21 »
I agree, Remote Play is not the best long-term solution. But it does allow us to play DualSense-locked games now rather than waiting 6 months for something more permanent.

remote play currently doesnt work on ps5 cod vanguard beta.
triggers, ads and other button do not work ingame. hope to be fixed in the full version

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #53 on: 06:51 AM - 09/13/21 »
Keep in mind that Vanguard has just entered beta, so may not have full Remote Play support yet. All other PS5 games have it, so it's likely a requirement, just as PS4 specialty controller support was required for PS5 launch titles.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 02:35 PM - 09/13/21 »

then rather on PC so that I get opponents: P

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06:12 PM - 09/14/21 »
Keep in mind that Vanguard has just entered beta, so may not have full Remote Play support yet. All other PS5 games have it, so it's likely a requirement, just as PS4 specialty controller support was required for PS5 launch titles.

Exactly this! ^

So many misinformed people coming in here and talking silly nonsense. I ignore a lot of you in here, can't understand the typed gibberish and the strange viewpoints.

Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline JabroT

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05:17 PM - 09/17/21 »
when i plug in my dualsense its goes off , what can i do to solve this

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 01:25 AM - 09/18/21 »
when i plug in my dualsense its goes off , what can i do to solve this

It could be a powerdraw issue, try it with anything else not attached to the XIM to see if it still shuts down.
Other than that follow the recommended steps from Headhunter to get the DualSense running, such as 250hz and DS4Windows.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Online vincecarter123456789

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09:47 AM - 09/19/21 »
hey,

i have like 40 more ping and everything is connected to one router and works.  i tried apex legends
is this normal ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10:21 AM - 09/19/21 »
hey,

i have like 40 more ping and everything is connected to one router and works.  i tried apex legends
is this normal ?

You mean your ping to the server? Please try a different game to check if its also the case there, the thing is that Respawn is changing the dedicated server structure this weekend and ping spikes and lags can randomly occure because of that.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin