XIM Community

How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play  (Read 24299 times)

Offline Depaoli

• View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_OS0qHIyFn3btJj7VOv04Q?view_as=subscriber
  • PSN ID: DeRooT_
Re: How to play all PS5 games over Remote Play
« Reply #210 on: 05:31 PM - 12/20/21 »
xim flashing purple lightswhen i use remote play  any idea about that?
Subscribe my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_OS0qHIyFn3btJj7VOv04Q?view_as=subscriber

Follow and Subscribe my Twitch channel:
https://www.twitch.tv/deroot_

Join on my Discord server :
https://discord.gg/XnvzeTu5W2

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #211 on: 06:18 PM - 12/20/21 »
Reduce XIM polling rate to 250Hz, or overclock the controller to 1000Hz. More info in the OP.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline BigProof

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 11:49 PM - 12/21/21 »
I'm having a problem I can't get around and that is that the DualSense turns off as soon as I connect to Remote Play using the XIM.

When using a USB cable from DualSense to PC it gets detected instantly by the PC (Windows 10). When its plugged in this way I can connect to Remote Play and use the DualSense.

I can get the XIM to work this way:
DualSense + Mouse + Keyboard > Powered USB Hub > XIM > XIM USB Hub > PC. (Also tried connecting XIM in all three XIM USB Hub slots.)
But as soon as I connect to Remote Play the DualSense turns off. When I restart the DualSense the PS5 asks who's logged in, I select my only user and when it logs in I get disconnected from Remote Play. Rinse and repeat.

Settings and things I've tried:
  • The DualSense is connected through USB in the PS5 settings.
  • DualSense + Mouse + Keyboard -> XIM USB Hub -> XIM Apex -> Powered USB Hub -> PC. This works until I connect to Remote Play it then turns off the DualSense.
  • Not connecting the DualSense to the XIM USB Hub/Powered USB Hub until I'm about to connect to Remote Play or during XIM boot up. Same thing when connecting to Remote Play, it turns off the DualSense.
  • Tried different USB charge/sync cables. They all work when plugging DualSense directly to PC but when connecting to Remote Play the DualSense turns off.
  • XIM USB Hub, port 1: mouse, port 2: keyboard, port 3: DualSense. I've also tried switching ports.
Tried just about everything yesterday for a couple of hours to no avail. Any ideas why the DualSense turns off when connecting to Remote Play?

Offline Howling Mad Murdock

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 01:08 PM - 12/22/21 »
But as soon as I connect to Remote Play the DualSense turns off. When I restart the DualSense the PS5 asks who's logged in, I select my only user and when it logs in I get disconnected from Remote Play. Rinse and repeat.

For me this sounds like a device draws too much power. When you get a prompt from the PS5 to log in and then it disconnects, it seems that a connection is established directly with the PS5 (via Bluetooth). In this case Remote Play disconnects.

You could still try to power the XIM USB Hub (3.5 mm x 1.35 mm, center-positive) as well if you haven't already ... But I doubt that this will solve the problem.

What I'm wondering is, why the following solution wasn't discussed in the forum more intensively. Personally, I think this Android Phone-Remote Play solution is way more convenient than booting up the PC any time you want to play:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=97876.msg860934#msg860934

I am currently playing with my iPhone/iPad together with a cheap OTG adapter (~ 15 Ä) and a Dualshock 4 ;-) You just have to set the XIM to 250 Hz otherwise it will get the "purple flicker problem". But this seems to be a common problem.

PS4 / PS5 | Audio Setup: Creative Sound BlasterX G6 + Sony MDR-7506 + Mic + EZCOO HDMI 2.0 Audio Extractor | XIM Apex + Logitech G502 HERO + Sony Nav Controller

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #214 on: 05:43 PM - 12/22/21 »
The issue with Remote Play on mobile devices is there are frequent input lag spikes hitting around 2500ms (Od1n spent some time testing Android Remote Play mobile apps). It's not reliable enough to recommend.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline BigProof

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 01:22 AM - 12/23/21 »
For me this sounds like a device draws too much power. When you get a prompt from the PS5 to log in and then it disconnects, it seems that a connection is established directly with the PS5 (via Bluetooth). In this case Remote Play disconnects.
Turns out the RGB on the keyboard was causing it, when I turned that off everything worked. I would've never guessed as I've used the keyboard (Logitech G910) with the XIM for a long time on PS4 without problems. Thank you so much for the help!

Offline Aidan9

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AceAdapts
« Reply #216 on: 12:39 PM - 01/06/22 »
Is anyone sure on how to hook up the xim apex to Cronus zen via remote play? I have an error everytime I end up trying it where my controller is blue showing that it is connected but not working on the console. I am able to use as itís own but once I try connecting the xim to the cronus it does not work.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 07:05 PM - 01/06/22 »
Is anyone sure on how to hook up the xim apex to Cronus zen via remote play? I have an error everytime I end up trying it where my controller is blue showing that it is connected but not working on the console. I am able to use as itís own but once I try connecting the xim to the cronus it does not work.

I think its not possible to use both plus Remote Play.
To my understanding Sony Remote Play only supports the DualShock4 version 2 controller. In order to use a Zen with a XIM you must use the version 1 controller though. This one is not compatible with Remote Play. Therefore i think it doesnt work.

Maybe im wrong but looking at the compatibility requirements it probably shouldnt work. You will not have this issue with a Titan Two as it supports much more controllers, therefore XIM + Titan Two + DualShock4 version 2 for Sony Remote Play is no issue.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central