PS5 BF 2042  (Read 3068 times)

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
Re: PS5 BF 2042
« Reply #30 on: 05:07 PM - 09/07/21 »
The reason I ask is because I was looking into taking one of these to use instead of a PC ($10): https://www.adafruit.com/product/3400?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrNDy3uTh8gIVQgnnCh1aUAPBEAQYASABEgIOnfD_BwE

There is an excellent open source PS5 Remote Play client out there that would run on this board but wouldn't work well because of the video decoding -- which isn't needed. I would modify the code to ignore it.

Are you using WiFi 6? If not, what version of Wifi is your router.

Yesterday a Youtube viewer has approached me and told me that there are third party Remote Play apps that have even less input lag than the official software, maybe thats worth a try too. One app that he mentioned is called PS Play. I asked him about the other ones and im currently waiting for his reply.

Also if that turns out to be an option, it would be a good idea to also offer a 35$ Raspberry 4 option next to the Pi Zero W which has an ethernet port. When i tried remote play the last time one of the worst experiences was when wifi packets got dropped and your aim stopped a few pixel too soon. With a wired connection you can eliminate that.

Could you link where I would go about trying this (software/build/etc)

I have a Pi 4 that I currently use to run emulators/Kodi/Learn Linux and wouldn't mind seeing if that would actually work.