XIM Community

PS5 BF 2042  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS5 BF 2042
« Reply #15 on: 09:54 PM - 09/02/21 »
I know remote play has been said countless times but there is a really good way of doing it. If you happen to have an extra screen to set up and set up your xim on what its being streamed on, you could just use the original screen to play on and i havent been able to notice any input lag tbh. truly a god send ;D

Are you using wireless connections?
using wifi on my console and using ethernet for my pc. Essentially just streaming my inputs from my xim.
Turned down the quality of the stream to 540p and 30fps to get some more pow for the latency. And i couldn't notice any input lag at all. Tested it today on a ps4 pro on bfv. Was getting 40 - 50 kill games on tdm. I think since im streaming in home network theres essentially non existent lag.
Will it work if PC and console are connected to same monitor and both are on wired connections?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 10:00 PM - 09/02/21 »
Yes. All this is used for is to send your XIM inputs to the console over Wifi instead of USB.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline PinnieTHEwooH

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PinnieTHEwooH
« Reply #17 on: 08:29 AM - 09/03/21 »
The reason I ask is because I was looking into taking one of these to use instead of a PC ($10): https://www.adafruit.com/product/3400?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrNDy3uTh8gIVQgnnCh1aUAPBEAQYASABEgIOnfD_BwE

There is an excellent open source PS5 Remote Play client out there that would run on this board but wouldn't work well because of the video decoding -- which isn't needed. I would modify the code to ignore it.

Are you using WiFi 6? If not, what version of Wifi is your router.

Sweet. Didn't realize raspberry could run Remote Play. I have Raspberry pi 3 around here somewhere. Have to test it with Chiaki if it works.

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:00 AM - 09/03/21 »
The reason I ask is because I was looking into taking one of these to use instead of a PC ($10): https://www.adafruit.com/product/3400?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrNDy3uTh8gIVQgnnCh1aUAPBEAQYASABEgIOnfD_BwE

There is an excellent open source PS5 Remote Play client out there that would run on this board but wouldn't work well because of the video decoding -- which isn't needed. I would modify the code to ignore it.

Are you using WiFi 6? If not, what version of Wifi is your router.

Yesterday a Youtube viewer has approached me and told me that there are third party Remote Play apps that have even less input lag than the official software, maybe thats worth a try too. One app that he mentioned is called PS Play. I asked him about the other ones and im currently waiting for his reply.

Also if that turns out to be an option, it would be a good idea to also offer a 35$ Raspberry 4 option next to the Pi Zero W which has an ethernet port. When i tried remote play the last time one of the worst experiences was when wifi packets got dropped and your aim stopped a few pixel too soon. With a wired connection you can eliminate that.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 10:04 AM - 09/03/21 »
It's yet to be seen the level of drops you'd get if the code running on the Pi is modified to ignore all video stream packets (which, of course, means no decoding either). The Wifi radio will still be busy reading the packets which is a concern, which makes direct wired ethernet connection appealing, but, that means it needs to be connected to your router directly somehow. This is why a solution like this could be problematic for a lot of people. In the ideal world, you connect your XIM to the Pi and Pi to a USB port on your PS5 and it just works. But, the means a wireless connection from the Pi to your router (which you said you experienced drops).

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:18 PM - 09/03/21 »
Wow, I didn't know either about the Remote Play on Raspberry Pi. I have a RPi 4B, using as a HiRes Music Streamer; interesting.

Snoopundercover, sorry I do want to know more too, but my friend was the one who tried the game and is under a NDA, I tried to squeeze info from him... but he didn't tell me much, just like game is a love letter for BF4 players Battlefield "multiverse", dualsense is great with weapons and crossprogression on XB-PC is 100%.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #21 on: 12:51 PM - 09/03/21 »
@Od1n

I can't find this "PS Play" app you are talking about? I did find "Chiaki" - And it surprisingly works very well :)

You are not restricted to using a DualShock V2, Currently using a Xbox controller on the PS5 version of Cold War.

https://sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki/

My PC & PS5 are connected to my router by Ethernet.  (Netgear XR500)
« Last Edit: 02:09 PM - 09/03/21 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #22 on: 01:25 PM - 09/03/21 »

Yeah, having direct wired connection would work very well. Something like using a Pi would work great in that case too. What needs to be figured out is if you can have both PS5 and Pi (with video stream decode disabled) wirelessly connected to your network and it still work well.

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07:19 PM - 09/03/21 »
But, that means it needs to be connected to your router directly somehow. This is why a solution like this could be problematic for a lot of people. In the ideal world, you connect your XIM to the Pi and Pi to a USB port on your PS5 and it just works. But, the means a wireless connection from the Pi to your router (which you said you experienced drops).

Yes it would be problematic for most users but still, it would be nice to have it as an alternative for those who want the best connection possible. I have a dLan setup and a Pi 4 at home with an ethernet port, so it would be fairly easy for me to have the Pi connected via ethernet to the router and via wire to the PS5 :).
The Pi 4 also comes with USB ports unlike the Zero W, so you can directly connect your XIM to it.

@Od1n

I can't find this "PS Play" app you are talking about? I did find "Chiaki" - And it surprisingly works very well :)

You are not restricted to using a DualShock V2, Currently using a Xbox controller on the PS5 version of Cold War.

https://sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki/

PS Play is an android app i think, ill check out Chiaki on the weekend! Thanks for the suggestion! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #24 on: 07:50 PM - 09/03/21 »
Chiaki is the one I've been reviewing. It includes Pi support now.

Offline CarbonatedStank

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:05 PM - 09/04/21 »
BF 2042 checks for Dual Sense controller, - it won't work with XIM.

Confirmed by a friend who works on gaming journalism, he tried a closed alpha for press months ago.

He wasn't looking for XIM compatibility, he doesn't even know about it... just told me that DualSense mechanics with weapons is the differentiator factor on PS, while on XBS is the cross progression XB to PC.

No native Keyboard and Mouse Support either.

Hey so i was just talking to a guy about the hori mini controller trick and updating the xim firmware. He was able to play demon souls on his xim just fine and that game is a perfect example of a ps5 exclusive, dualsense only game. So i could only imagine that if that works then it should definitely work on bf 2042.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #26 on: 05:21 PM - 09/04/21 »
BF 2042 checks for Dual Sense controller, - it won't work with XIM.

Confirmed by a friend who works on gaming journalism, he tried a closed alpha for press months ago.

He wasn't looking for XIM compatibility, he doesn't even know about it... just told me that DualSense mechanics with weapons is the differentiator factor on PS, while on XBS is the cross progression XB to PC.

No native Keyboard and Mouse Support either.

Hey so i was just talking to a guy about the hori mini controller trick and updating the xim firmware. He was able to play demon souls on his xim just fine and that game is a perfect example of a ps5 exclusive, dualsense only game. So i could only imagine that if that works then it should definitely work on bf 2042.

To my knowledge Demons Souls doesn't look for DS controller so it allows you to use XIM with Hori just like Cold War does. 

The issue is more and more newer games are specifically looking for the DualSense controller so it won't let you use the Hori.

not sure if you were just saying that hoping since it works for Demons Souls it will work for BF or just saying DualSense games shouldn't require Dualsense

Offline Y

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:07 PM - 09/05/21 »
Chiaki is the one I've been reviewing. It includes Pi support now.

Is Chiaki safe for my PSN acc? The way u login is sus for me Idk 🤷‍♂️

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #28 on: 05:07 AM - 09/07/21 »
Is Chiaki safe for my PSN acc? The way u login is sus for me Idk 🤷‍♂️

It's Safe :)

If you are worried, you could just enable 2FA on your PSN account.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11:43 AM - 09/07/21 »
I use remote play a crap load so I can use my Steam controller on Xbox SeriesX ( no Xim required using remote via PC ) ,  The gyro is as good as a mouse in some situations,  and If I get accused of using KB/M ( Happens often ) then I can put on a web cam and show a steam controller.  :-)
I can even use a PS4 controller and utilise the gyro, which is great, Not even close to the steam controller but it is great.

The game is being played via remote but I am playing on the Xbox screen ( PC monitor ). There is a tiny amount of input lag when compared to direct, but I bet it's less than playing on even a Good TV with game mode.

The only game so far I have found to give problems is B04, the aim system in that game is the worst ever.

Admin