XIM Community

Future of Xim Apex on PS5  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Se7eNpog

• View Profile
Re: Future of Xim Apex on PS5
« Reply #30 on: 01:40 PM - 09/08/21 »
you dropped the ball big time

I'm not really sure how we dropped the ball? Sony wants only one way to game on their console for differentiation -- the DualSense. So, they took steps to ensure that their customers cannot use anything else other than the controller they want them to use. Sony has always been focused on hardware. They added hardware to their controllers no one else had (for example, the touchpad) but no one used it. As a result, it's was reduced to a gimmick. They didn't want this to happen with their haptics innovation, so, they are forcing all PS5 owners to use it. Microsoft, on the other hand, is more focused on gaming everywhere. It's a business decision that Sony made.

You can still use Remote Play. If you have wired connections to your PS5 and PC, or have Wifi 6, then, it's likely a viable solution for you.

I really appreciate your posts guys and this wasnt me attacking anyone. For years Iíve been nothing but thankful for the ability to play with mouse and keyboard on console and you guys deserved all the praise you got.
But Iím also talking as a consumer who has no inside of developing or encrypting a controller. I mean fair play, you always mentioned that a PS5 solution was never safe but I was never going to miss out on a PS5 and their incredible games since I had the very first one and thats not me being a fanboy, because I love the Xbox and everything theyíre doing but getting solely an Xbox was never an option for me.
If an encryption cant be done, it cant be done but thats just me expressing my disappointment. Not on a personal level, just as a consumer. Sure, the blame is on Sony for their decision making but like the PS3 and PS4 era, the Xim device was a solution for playing with mouse and keyboard, but isnt anymore, at least not for PS5 users because the trend is in plain sight for everyone to see.

Native mnk will like you said more of an option with the games to come but every now and then you will probably have a Doom Eternal situation where all you can do is play with the dualsense. And thats where my disappointment kinda kicks in..
Sry for saying that you dropped the ball. Apparently Sony did. But now Iím just looking at a device who is simply not working for me anymore and will work even less in the months and years to come if a solution will not be found and thats basically all I was saying.
Everyone else can attack me as much as they want I really dont care <3

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #31 on: 02:47 PM - 09/08/21 »
There are at least two viable solutions under development. Show some patience, there is good news on the horizon for PS5.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline maasman

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wCbriLL
  • PSN ID: wCbriLL
« Reply #32 on: 07:03 AM - 09/10/21 »
There are at least two viable solutions under development. Show some patience, there is good news on the horizon for PS5.

Patience i have enough :). But can you tell something about that good news?

Offline Thera6179

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07:23 AM - 01/19/22 »
HORI just announced its first PS5 Controller. Maybe this one?

https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-octa-for-playstation-5/

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #34 on: 08:04 AM - 01/19/22 »
HORI just announced its first PS5 Controller. Maybe this one?

https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-octa-for-playstation-5/

Hopefully but depends on if it's just yet another Dualsense in another shell or an actual 3rd party controller. However here is what Ob said about it:

From another topic referencing this new controller:

We are watching out for it, but realistically it's unlikely to help. We will check it out though.

Admin