XIM Community

Future of Xim Apex on PS5  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xzoR93
Future of Xim Apex on PS5
« on: 03:03 PM - 08/29/21 »
Hi,

I was trying to play the COD: Vanguard Alpha, which didn't work, because of the devs requirement to play with a DualSense controller, which isn't supported. I also saw a dedicated topic on here.

Is it expected that more devs make using a DualSense controller a requirement, making using the Apex impossible? Is a workaround or full support from Xim's side still a possibility? I'm asking this because i might be on the look for a Series X, because it has full support.

Thank you!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Future of Xim Apex on PS5
« Reply #1 on: 08:59 PM - 08/29/21 »
I think this will continue to be the trend and I think it's coming from Sony. I assume they are requiring games (or at least incentivizing them) to only support DualSense. Sony is proud of it and want it to be a major differentiator rather than become a gimmick and this is how you do that. If solution is out there it isn't going to be found by us.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
« Reply #2 on: 04:11 AM - 08/30/21 »
I think this will continue to be the trend and I think it's coming from Sony. I assume they are requiring games (or at least incentivizing them) to only support DualSense. Sony is proud of it and want it to be a major differentiator rather than become a gimmick and this is how you do that. If solution is out there it isn't going to be found by us.

Dear obsiv i saw yesterday thrustmaster release a new racing wheel for ps5 which it can be used also for ps4 do u think that it might be the solution to our problem ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:24 AM - 08/30/21 »

Dear obsiv i saw yesterday thrustmaster release a new racing wheel for ps5 which it can be used also for ps4 do u think that it might be the solution to our problem ?

Please share a link to the product if possible, things like these can indeed be a solution :).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:11 AM - 08/30/21 »
Interesting, it says licensed for PlayStation 5 and Gran Turismo which comes from a Sony owned game studio. The price is too high to be a solution but that doesnt mean the device could share some new information for the XIM Devs. Thanks for finding and sharing this! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:31 AM - 08/30/21 »
Interesting, it says licensed for PlayStation 5 and Gran Turismo which comes from a Sony owned game studio. The price is too high to be a solution but that doesnt mean the device could share some new information for the XIM Devs. Thanks for finding and sharing this! :)

https://youtu.be/hlc_TL8IhXk

I know its an expensive device ngl but i was thinking maybe that deveice can give us the codes or smthing on my silly mind tgat actually can help us to play ps5 games with xim . Idk im just try to help as much i can also instead crying on xim
Devs 

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:34 AM - 08/30/21 »
He is playing PS4 version of the game... ;(
he does but the racing whell is for  ps5 games such as new grand turismo  etc what u expect to see him plsy new beta cod but this racing wheel if can be used on new cod it means that it can be solve our problem

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:38 AM - 08/30/21 »
yeah, i so...but i do not find any gameplay on utube with this wheel.
mb they just do not want to share it, that it works only with ps4 games...?
if u see at the begging its says ps5 amd ps4  the box

Offline Se7eNpog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:13 PM - 08/31/21 »

The time until ps5 was great. Your effort and support throughout the years were exceptional so thanks for that. Unfortunately with the release of PS5 and the lack of direct support via dualsense, you kinda dropped the ball now. Its more and more apparent that sony will require a Dualsense to play games. First it was Doom Eternal, now Cod Vanguard and maybe more I dont know about so the trend will definately be the requirement of the Dualsense from this point forward.
The solution that there is no solution is such a let down idk.. The answer cant be a simple "get the xbox". 
Sorry dont want to spread negativity here but I'm also not a yes man. With PS5 you dropped the ball big time and with saying that you wont find a solution to it is nothing but disappointing.

Offline Cizque

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:33 PM - 08/31/21 »
What do you want them to do? Magic up a fix for it to work on ps5? If they cannot not get it to work atm you either wait or get an xbox its as simple as that.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 02:53 PM - 08/31/21 »
you dropped the ball big time

I'm not really sure how we dropped the ball? Sony wants only one way to game on their console for differentiation -- the DualSense. So, they took steps to ensure that their customers cannot use anything else other than the controller they want them to use. Sony has always been focused on hardware. They added hardware to their controllers no one else had (for example, the touchpad) but no one used it. As a result, it's was reduced to a gimmick. They didn't want this to happen with their haptics innovation, so, they are forcing all PS5 owners to use it. Microsoft, on the other hand, is more focused on gaming everywhere. It's a business decision that Sony made.

You can still use Remote Play. If you have wired connections to your PS5 and PC, or have Wifi 6, then, it's likely a viable solution for you.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Herpityderp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:14 PM - 08/31/21 »
I love how your blaming the XIM dev team instead of Sony. Truly hilarious. Hey XIM devs! When the @#$% is that quantum computer going to be finished so I can decrypt every blockchain on earth. No excuses guys, don't drop the @#$% ball again

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:45 PM - 08/31/21 »
Instead of blaming Obsiv for something he has no control over we should all keep our eyes out for potential non-DualSense controllers that work with the upcoming PS5 games. Same goes for any news on officially licensed third party PS5 controllers, which also have the potential to solve the issue :).

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:16 AM - 09/01/21 »
Yeah exactly xim team have no control over this. The team at console tuner won't find a fix for this also it's just Sony at fault here. I'm going to get a series x also alongside my ps5 once I can pick one up. I really like my ps5 but Sony have been way behind Microsoft in a lot of ways with the latest consoles. Almost a year after release no 1440p and VRR.