XIM Community

PS5 unsupported games list  (Read 56469 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: PS5 unsupported games list
« Reply #15 on: 01:35 AM - 08/24/21 »
New ps5 games works with remote play from pc + dualshock 4 v1?
A DualShock 4 V2 is needed.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01:38 AM - 08/24/21 »
But besides me, hundreds/thousands (don't know the customer numbers) of Playstation players will gradually get rid of the XIM device and stop buying it.
It's the end for XIM on Playstation if no workaround is found.

Sure you can just tell me now: then get the hell out of here.

But in my opinion it would be smarter to find a solution - both for the Playstation players of XIM and for the further business for XIM.

You do realize that this is a problem the whole industry faces and not only the XIM company, right? And its also the reason for why big companies like Razer, Logitech, Hori or Astro dont have any PS5 controller on the market yet.

At the moment there is nothing that can be done, and complaining about it in the XIM Forum also doesnt help or will accelerate the process. If anything go for Sonys social media channels to raise awareness, that would be the most helpful actually.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #17 on: 01:39 AM - 08/24/21 »
But in my opinion it would be smarter to find a solution - both for the Playstation players of XIM and for the further business for XIM.
A DualSense controller won't be reverse-engineered by anyone. Smarter people than you or I have already invested the best part of a year into solving this puzzle. If it can't be done, it can't be done.

The only direct hope for XIM is a third-party PS5 controller, but there aren't any on the horizon. Scuf is rumoured to have one in the works, but aren't they just customised Sony controller buttons, sticks and shells? It'd still be a DualSense under the hood.

There are options for using m/kb on PS5 -

1. Native m/kb in supported PS5 games.
2. Remote Play on PC, Mac or PS4 using a DS4 V2 on XIM APEX.
3. PS4 game versions work with XIM APEX.
4. Possible solution from ConsoleTuner. It'll take awhile to know if this works or not.

Or just get an Xbox. Seriously, it craps all over PS5 for shooter games and XIM works in all of them. If you want to use a XIM, this is the smarter solution.

You are a healthy fella with 10 fingers, there is a huge group of people who rely on speciality controllers and they have no longer way to play playstation games anymore.
Remote Play remains an option. I think it's fair to say that speed / precision isn't the primary objection for assistive technology, so a touch of input lag shouldn't be a problem. That said, Remote Play does require additional equipment, so it's not for everyone.

It is anticonsumer of Sony though and just one mistake of many heading into this generation. I understand the desire to protect their adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, hence the heavy encryption. But PS5 requiring games to use a DualSense is a tough call.

I suspect it has more to do with refusing to pay licencing fees for rumble feedback on DualShock controllers than intentionally locking out third-party devices. They needed to make a clean break from the past and forcing a DualSense for next-gen games is one way to do it.
« Last Edit: 02:07 AM - 08/24/21 by antithesis »

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01:47 AM - 08/24/21 »
But besides me, hundreds/thousands (don't know the customer numbers) of Playstation players will gradually get rid of the XIM device and stop buying it.
It's the end for XIM on Playstation if no workaround is found.

Sure you can just tell me now: then get the hell out of here.

You do realize that this is a problem the whole industry faces and not only the XIM company, right? And its also the reason for why big companies like Razer, Logitech, Hori or Astro dont have any PS5 controller on the market yet.

At the moment there is nothing that can be done, and complaining about it in the XIM Forum also doesnt help or will accelerate the process. If anything go for Sonys social media channels to raise awareness, that would be the most helpful actually.

Yes, I realize, it's not XIMs fault. It's the problem of them all, ZEN, Titan Two, XIM.

I don't want to say that either, but then you also have to admit that it's the end.

If there is no solution, as also mentioned here, then that's it.

There are options for using m/kb on PS5 -

1. Native m/kb in supported PS5 games.
2. Remote Play on PC, Mac or PS4 using a DS4 V2 on XIM APEX.
3. PS4 game versions work with XIM APEX.
4. Possible solution from ConsoleTuner. It'll take awhile to know if this works or not.

1. No aim assist.
2. Input lag of 200-300 ms.
3. @#$% graphics / no 120 Hz.
4. That will be my solution.

I have the feeling that Titan Two at least wants to find a solution - here they just say: it's not possible. (before I get a shitstorm now: After the answers here, also from "high-ranking" members, I have the personal feeling. of course, i don't know what it's really like)

But criticism should also be allowed. And I'm not being unobjective and saying it would be XIM's fault alone. I just miss a bit of the problem-solving will.
It's more like, "Tough luck, Playstation player. Do this, this or this, nothing really works right, but it's just the way it is". "Sony is to blame, that's just the way it is"
« Last Edit: 01:54 AM - 08/24/21 by Sorothos »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: 01:59 AM - 08/24/21 »
Yeah, it's a game of wait and see.

If a third-party controller comes along that works in DualSense-restricted games, all third-party device makers will be on top of it to sniff out a hole we can use.

If not, there isn't really a viable option other than the path ConsoleTuner is looking at, go native m/kb, or to jump to a frankly better console for shooting games :shrug: MS has done everything right so far with Series X. I wish I could say the same for Sony and PS5.

Offline DrejzLV

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LV Drejz
« Reply #20 on: 02:47 AM - 08/24/21 »
Has anyone participated in closed-beta of Battlefield 2042? I'm eager to know is the PS5 version restricted of Third-party controllers as well?
Xim Apex // Xbox Series X
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 3 TKL // Mouse SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless
Monitor BENQ MOBIUZ EX2710S

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:10 AM - 08/24/21 »
To my understanding there was no PS5 Beta Test because DICE scratched the test due to a critical bug that rendered the game unplayable. Early september the open beta will start though.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:51 AM - 08/24/21 »
Has anyone participated in closed-beta of Battlefield 2042? I'm eager to know is the PS5 version restricted of Third-party controllers as well?
As I mention before, have a friend who worked on gaming magazines in Mexico back 2000's still on the industry, actually mutual friends worked as voice actors on BFV Spanish-MX voice, he is a good source; can't and won't say more.

EA/DICE release a closed alpha for media (on NDA) about 3 weeks ago. I tried to squeeze info from him, told me and I quote:
"game is awesome: a love letter for loyal fan base since BF3, and DualSense on the PS5 mechanics change the way you feel the weapons, that's Sony value offer while Microsoft is full cross-progression".
Ergo, game checks for Dual Sense controller. - My guess.

He didn't tell me it wont work with XIM, because XIM is not in his scope, not aware of it. PS4 version wasn't ready yet.

BF 2042 not coming with native M&KB support either.
« Last Edit: 04:17 PM - 08/24/21 by alanmcgregor »

Offline ttplatti

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:20 AM - 08/25/21 »
wreckfest dont work with nacon and m&k

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:58 PM - 08/25/21 »
Look at the bright side you are in the best moment to sell your PS5, snatch a XB Series S and made a profit on top of that.

"clan's" comes and goes.  :)

Offline DrejzLV

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:10 PM - 08/25/21 »

Thanks, added! Not sure why you wanna play driving game with M+KB but added!

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:36 PM - 08/25/21 »

Thanks, added! Not sure why you wanna play driving game with M+KB but added!
I wonder if a PS4 driving wheel can be use as a third party controller pass for that game.

Offline ahkeongjai

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: au_LN11
« Reply #27 on: 02:02 AM - 08/26/21 »
Anyone tried (PS5 Version) Aliens Fire Team?

Offline DrejzLV

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02:44 AM - 08/26/21 »
I have, I didn't play it with M+KB as there is no ST, but with Xim connected i was able to navigate through menu with KB, so I assumed it work. I didn't see pop-up about DualSense required.

Offline ahkeongjai

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: au_LN11
« Reply #29 on: 02:52 AM - 08/26/21 »
I have, I didn't play it with M+KB as there is no ST, but with Xim connected i was able to navigate through menu with KB, so I assumed it work. I didn't see pop-up about DualSense required.

ST?