XIM Community

COD Vanguard alpha (PS5) XIM4 APEX not working.  (Read 8196 times)

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
Re: COD Vanguard alpha (PS5) XIM4 APEX not working.
« Reply #30 on: 11:17 PM - 08/24/21 »
Thank you all for the tips with the remote play. I set it up again with my PS5 and tried it out. It seems to work a bit better than my last tests in November 2020.

Overall though, I do notice it clearly that I have Remote Play enabled. Unfortunately, there is no alternative for me. But I also notice it when the screen has 20 ms response time instead of 1 ms, or even the mouse.

I'm glad if it's a solution for a large part of the community, unfortunately I also play in the competitive area and there the difference is too strong. As Od1n said, the Aim often "slips" away from the opponent and it feels off somehow. As if I was drunk.

It is playable. But for games where every millisecond counts, where you compete with other players. But also for Call of Duty multiplayer, it's like I'm suddenly using a completely different configuration.

It's not really playable for me, unfortunately. If that's going to be the only solution for a long time - then I'm out, there's no other option.

This year then (despite PS5) I will have to play the PS4 version until the fix. Really annoying, especially since you know from Cold War how well you can play at 120 Hz.

But that's the only alternative - if I want to win duels, I need maximum performance. And as I notice, the input lag of remote play is simply too high.

Maybe not noticeable for the standard user. But for someone who spends hours on his configuration, even tries out everything on the XIM, to eventually have a good setup for a game after weeks and who notices every change directly - he can't be happy with Remote Play.

That's how it is for me and how it will be for many others. What's the point of 1000 Hz on the XIM, 1 ms on the mouse, screen, etc., if everything is broken again because 18 ms input lag from remote play is added. The average time to kill in COD Cold War is 300-400 ms.
If I now already have permanent 18 ms delay because of remote play - terrible. I lie on the ground more often than I can look. As soon as Remote Play is off: Normal rounds again, everything feels normal.

But I wouldn't want to play on a bad screen or mouse either. I've been through everything, the comparison is enormous.

And unfortunately, the XIM with the Remote Play "workaround" is then only a device, which has a response time of 18ms for PS5 games players (measurement Od1n). I see that as too much and I think it should at least only be a temporary solution and not a permanent "workaround" forever.

We had
XIM4 = 8ms (125 Hz)
XIM APEX (PS4) = 1ms (1000 Hz)

And now?
XIM APEX @1000 Hz (PS5) with Remote Play workaround = 19ms

Then rather worse graphics (play PS4 version) than such a step backwards in performance.

Mentioning xim and “competitive area” ruins integrity. I’m happy xim is not working for you.

This is your only comment?

XIM isn't working anymore or with bad performance on Remote Play and this is your answer? How can you answer a post so wrong? That wasn't even the topic.

Competitive simply means to compete with other clans in fun CW, it's not about money or tournaments. But again, that's not the issue, whether you want to use the XIM in multiplayer, zombies, competitive, it was about the lack of PS5 version compatibility and remote play.

So just answer the topic and don't just troll around here.

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06:36 PM - 08/25/21 »
@sorothos I agree about every millisecond counting in first person shooter games. I feel a reduction in lag just switching the mouse polling from 8ms to 1ms.

Online AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09:53 PM - 08/25/21 »
Remote play workaround for single player or co-op maybe an option; but for PvP... I don't think so.

Specially, if you don't have a pretty fast internet connection.  :-\

Offline TurboMan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:06 PM - 08/26/21 »
@sorothos I agree about every millisecond counting in first person shooter games. I feel a reduction in lag just switching the mouse polling from 8ms to 1ms.

PS5 controllers via USB are claimed to poll at 250hz. This video shows that the Dualsense on average polls at 7.2ms wired and 4.9ms via bluetooth. So they're not going to be out-responded by controller players if you if you run 125-250hz. Console games are optimised for 250hz input and IME the AA bubble feels so @#$% on 1000hz, almost like the outside of the AA bubble feels stickier than the centre. I never have this problem on 125hz-250hz. Od1n recently made a video about this also. Not to mention most popular mice don't even poll steadily at 1000hz.

With the above said, obviously 18ms is dramatically slower than standard controller input, but you should choose your XIM/mouse polling on how it performs in terms of mouse movements and aim assist interaction, rather than just going for the fastest response speed which isn't always the best option.

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01:20 AM - 08/27/21 »
Looks like the nail in the coffin for ps5 xim to me. Other developers seem to be doing this also with Doom. Best thing we can hope for is native support on ps5 but I understand we need to wait on official 3rd party devices to release first. The remote play seems ok for single player but never an option for me playing competitive multiplayer.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #35 on: 01:57 AM - 08/28/21 »
Best thing we can hope for is native support on ps5 but I understand we need to wait on official 3rd party devices to release first.
Yeah, ‘bout that… I’m willing to bet that third party controllers for the PS5 are going to have to have haptic feedback as well. In which case, they won’t be compatible with the XIM either.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:16 AM - 08/28/21 »
Best thing we can hope for is native support on ps5 but I understand we need to wait on official 3rd party devices to release first.
Yeah, ‘bout that… I’m willing to bet that third party controllers for the PS5 are going to have to have haptic feedback as well. In which case, they won’t be compatible with the XIM either.

So why not just develop a new XIM that has haptic feedback (just let the thing vibrate) and is also considered a third party controller for the PS5.

I would pay. ;D ;D

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:03 AM - 08/28/21 »
I'm just gonna buy a series x for FPS games. Best of both worlds for exclusives on each platform once I can get one that is. Ms are killing it with series x. I really want ps5 native support but I'm thinking it's not going to happen now

Offline Nferguzl

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ferdster911
« Reply #38 on: 10:42 AM - 08/28/21 »
Tried remote play on a pc with xim and T2 but the bumper and trigger buttons are swapped. So its now not even an option :(

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02:04 PM - 08/28/21 »
PS5 controllers via USB are claimed to poll at 250hz. This video shows that the Dualsense on average polls at 7.2ms wired and 4.9ms via bluetooth. So they're not going to be out-responded by controller players if you if you run 125-250hz. Console games are optimised for 250hz input and IME the AA bubble feels so @#$% on 1000hz, almost like the outside of the AA bubble feels stickier than the centre. I never have this problem on 125hz-250hz. Od1n recently made a video about this also. Not to mention most popular mice don't even poll steadily at 1000hz.

With the above said, obviously 18ms is dramatically slower than standard controller input, but you should choose your XIM/mouse polling on how it performs in terms of mouse movements and aim assist interaction, rather than just going for the fastest response speed which isn't always the best option.

Thanks for the video links! Very interesting stuff! I especially found Od1n's video about XIM Sync settings interesting, like how all the XIM Sync settings divide evenly into the USB polling rate of 125Hz-1,000Hz https://youtu.be/U7j830ydUhc

For example, the 60fps XIM Sync setting runs at 62.5Hz which evenly divides into the USB polling rate of 125Hz-1,000Hz.

Even running my PC games at 125fps seems to make mouse movements smoother because the mouse's polling and the game's frame rate are exactly the same!

I run my mouse at 1,000Hz, but 125fps divides evenly into 1,000Hz. Very insightful stuff!

It's too bad TVs and USB controllers have different polling rates. If a USB controller's polling rate could be changed from 125Hz to 120Hz, then everything would sync up perfectly at 30fps and 60fps.

Games could start setting their frame rate at 62.5fps so their controller input loop syncs up perfectly with 125Hz USB controllers. Now that we have Variable Refresh Rate this sounds like the easiest way forward.
« Last Edit: 02:53 PM - 08/28/21 by Oskool »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #40 on: 06:00 PM - 08/28/21 »
Tried remote play on a pc with xim and T2 but the bumper and trigger buttons are swapped. So its now not even an option :(
Easily remedied by changing either the in-game controls, or via an Input Translator.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #41 on: 06:05 PM - 08/28/21 »
So why not just develop a new XIM that has haptic feedback (just let the thing vibrate) and is also considered a third party controller for the PS5.

I would pay. ;D ;D
Sony is not interested in third-party PS5 controllers at this time.

The only companies likely to be approved are big companies offering cheaper, lower-quality alternatives to Sony controllers that are no threat to their dominance, like Hori.

They have no interest in third-party innovation, competition for the DualSense, or supporting smaller manufacturers like XIM disrupting their strangehold over PS5 games.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:14 AM - 08/29/21 »

I would pay. ;D ;D
Sony is not interested in third-party PS5 controllers at this time.

The only companies likely to be approved are big companies offering cheaper, lower-quality alternatives to Sony controllers that are no threat to their dominance, like Hori.

They have no interest in third-party innovation, competition for the DualSense, or supporting smaller manufacturers like XIM disrupting their strangehold over PS5 games.

Yes I know, it was simply a joke... but I will be patient, play CoD Vanguard in PS4 version, until a fix will be there.
At the same time, I also own a Titan Two that I use, so I'm hoping for a solution there as well.

I definitely do NOT buy my console based on which console is best for my XIM.
I decide on a console first and then see what devices are available for that console.

Playstation 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, I've had all of them and still have an insanely great time. Have a lot of friends online that I play with.
So switching to XBOX will never be an alternative.

But anyway, so now I have to wait and see.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07:01 AM - 08/29/21 »
Well good thing I bought both.

Offline CarbonatedStank

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12:42 PM - 09/02/21 »
Use original screen no delay. I understand that may not be optimal for all but my pc and ps5 are next to each other so makes it easy for me.

Just tried this for bfv and i cannot thank you enough this is truly the way i was so adamant about not using remote play due to lag but now that i now you can do this simple trick it solves all of my problems. Thank you so much my dude.

Admin