XIM Community

COD Vanguard alpha (PS5) XIM4 APEX not working.  (Read 8197 times)

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
Re: COD Vanguard alpha (PS5) XIM4 APEX not working.
« Reply #15 on: 03:02 PM - 08/23/21 »
For remote play it needs to be a version 2 controller with the xim. A version 1 PS4 controller and xim doesn’t work on pc.
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 03:21 PM - 08/23/21 »
Off topic, but if I have Nacon Compact PS4 controller can I setup remote play? Im a bit lost on what to plug where. (i have mac laptop).

I started remote play on mac, but right after plugging Xim apex in PS5 im prompted to choose user on PS5 and remote play ends.
Use a DualShock 4 V2 controller.

We saw this coming a mile off when Sony announced that DualSense controllers would be required to play PS5 games. That implied that PS5 games would detect which controller was connected to the console and block anything but the DualSense. We got lucky with the specialty PS4 controller workaround, but it looks like it was only enforced for PS5 launch titles.

PS4 games will continue to work with XIM APEX on PS5. As will Remote Play for PS5 games. But PS5 games that require a DualSense controller will not work with any third-party controller or device.

ConsoleTuner are looking at a DualSense workaround. No promises though, we should know more by the end of the year.

Xbox Series X / S consoles don't have this problem because Xbox One & Series X controllers are forwards & backwards compatible. So we should be fine for the duration of this console generation.
« Last Edit: 03:17 PM - 08/29/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TurboMan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04:43 PM - 08/23/21 »
Also to add downloaded ps4 version no issues as expected but stuck at 60hz

I've been playing BO4 all this time, so I guess I'm just downloading the PS4 version and it's 60hz business as usual  ;D

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #18 on: 04:53 PM - 08/23/21 »
Question, what is "not working"?
It does the prompt to use a DualSense?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: 05:00 PM - 08/23/21 »
Question, what is "not working"?
It does the prompt to use a DualSense?
The PS5 version, yes.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #20 on: 05:01 PM - 08/23/21 »
Thanks. Just wanted clarification since years of IT work taught me "not working" could mean anything.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:35 PM - 08/23/21 »
Off topic, but if I have Nacon Compact PS4 controller can I setup remote play? Im a bit lost on what to plug where. (i have mac laptop).

I started remote play on mac, but right after plugging Xim apex in PS5 im prompted to choose user on PS5 and remote play ends.
Use a DualSense V2 controller.

We saw this coming a mile off when Sony announced that DualSense controllers would be required to play PS5 games. That implied that PS5 games would detect which controller was connected to the console and block anything but the DualSense. We got lucky with the specialty PS4 controller workaround, but it looks like it was only enforced for PS5 launch titles.

PS4 games will continue to work with XIM APEX on PS5. As will Remote Play for PS5 games. But PS5 games that require a DualSense controller will not work with any third-party controller or device.

ConsoleTuner are looking at a DualSense workaround. No promises though, we should know more by the end of the year.

Xbox Series X / S consoles don't have this problem because Xbox One & Series X controllers are forwards & backwards compatible. So we should be fine for the duration of this console generation.

I use a Titan Two + XIM. Back then (at the release of the PS5) J2Kbr also managed to create the current workaround.

I follow the topic here and in the Titan Two forum and just hope that at least with a Titan Two it will soon be possible to play the PS5 version with the XIM again.

(Without a terrible input lag from remote play, Call of Duty is unplayable with it, anyone with halfway good reactions, internet and setup should notice a significant input lag).

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01:22 AM - 08/24/21 »
Without a terrible input lag from remote play, Call of Duty is unplayable with it, anyone with halfway good reactions, internet and setup should notice a significant input lag.

When i use Remote Play it adds around 16-18 milliseconds of additional lag, i certainly wouldnt call that unplayable.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:16 AM - 08/24/21 »
Without a terrible input lag from remote play, Call of Duty is unplayable with it, anyone with halfway good reactions, internet and setup should notice a significant input lag.

When i use Remote Play it adds around 16-18 milliseconds of additional lag, i certainly wouldnt call that unplayable.

You tried Call of Duty or just Remote Play for itself? As I said, COD is unplayable, you lose every gun fight. (if you have not already lost it anyway ;D)

for me it was more input lag, on the internet people report more input lag, there are videos on youtube of input lag.

- but with you it is probably not there, lucky you.

Maybe my senses are just more sensitive - that is, you may not notice it while playing, other players do.

Remote play is all but not even close to a workaround for the problem.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHF2M03Ll-w

You clearly see the input lag.
Of course, I used the original screen for gaming, but still, yes, the inputs (mouse movements and keyboard buttons) have the input lag.

But youre right: Not unplayble.
But such a poorer performance that you notice it clearly when playing, frustrated because you lose to your opponent because of it. It's no longer fun.

200-300ms was too big an estimate by me, you are right. But it's enough that my Aim feels completely off.

What more can I argue? I play without remote play, have good rounds 1.5+ KD over several rounds. I start remote play, hit nothing and go out negative almost every game.

So I don't need to discuss numbers or times in milliseconds here - that's splitting hairs.
I mean, I do notice it quite clearly that I can't play anymore, should I make it up or what?
Otherwise I wouldn't complain here.

Therefore, I can not understand how you can come to the statement:

"Use remote play, problem solved."
- No it's not, if you want to play properly.

@Od1n: Can you please test shooter games with Remote Play activated and deactivated and share your results? Maybe then you will know what I am talking about.
Or you are really not influenced by the fact that there is a delay... I just can't imagine it, because I feel it so strongly.

We were at that point before the XIM beta version - everyone realized that remote play just wasn't working, which is why the XIM beta (shortly after ConsoleTuner found the workaround) was released at some point.
« Last Edit: 05:35 AM - 08/24/21 by Sorothos »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:58 AM - 08/24/21 »
Yes i tested Remote Play in shooters and i also measured the delay difference between Remote Play and directly communicating to the console via XIM Link with an input analyzer. Remote Play added 18 milliseconds of delay, from which you have to reduce a bit due to XIM Link and me using dLan in this test.
If your delay is higher then you must have done something different.

Here is my video that showcases the delay difference that Remote Play adds via a side by side comparison. It also contains setup instructions for Remote Play to get it running with the XIM.

https://youtu.be/p-agzhD-_0U
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline TurboMan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:21 AM - 08/24/21 »
Yes i tested Remote Play in shooters and i also measured the delay difference between Remote Play and directly communicating to the console via XIM Link with an input analyzer. Remote Play added 18 milliseconds of delay, from which you have to reduce a bit due to XIM Link and me using dLan in this test.

Here is my video that showcases the delay difference that Remote Play adds via a side by side comparison. It also contains setup instructions for Remote Play to get it running with the XIM.

Very interesting. I already run 125hz default which IIRC means 8ms of delay. Do you think it would be the best idea to run 1000hz sync off when running via remote play or would it not make a difference? I'm interested to see how that delay would affect the aim assist, because 8ms delay seems to handle it so much better than 1ms.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:32 AM - 08/24/21 »

Very interesting. I already run 125hz default which IIRC means 8ms of delay. Do you think it would be the best idea to run 1000hz sync off when running via remote play or would it not make a difference? I'm interested to see how that delay would affect the aim assist, because 8ms delay seems to handle it so much better than 1ms.

Yeah going 1000hz might be better than using 125hz then.

The only issue with Remote Play is that sometimes packets seem to get dropped, or Remote Play does a poor job at combining inputs to packets. Every now and then your aim moves a few pixel too far, or stops too early. It doesnt happen very often and it might have already been fixed with a new Remote Play built. Last time i tested it was around 10 months ago, maybe there has been a new Remote Play version with some optimizations since then. But this doesnt have to be an issue on the Remote Play side, it could also be my router or my dLan setup that causes this behaviour.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:22 AM - 08/24/21 »
Thank you all for the tips with the remote play. I set it up again with my PS5 and tried it out. It seems to work a bit better than my last tests in November 2020.

Overall though, I do notice it clearly that I have Remote Play enabled. Unfortunately, there is no alternative for me. But I also notice it when the screen has 20 ms response time instead of 1 ms, or even the mouse.

I'm glad if it's a solution for a large part of the community, unfortunately I also play in the competitive area and there the difference is too strong. As Od1n said, the Aim often "slips" away from the opponent and it feels off somehow. As if I was drunk.

It is playable. But for games where every millisecond counts, where you compete with other players. But also for Call of Duty multiplayer, it's like I'm suddenly using a completely different configuration.

It's not really playable for me, unfortunately. If that's going to be the only solution for a long time - then I'm out, there's no other option.

This year then (despite PS5) I will have to play the PS4 version until the fix. Really annoying, especially since you know from Cold War how well you can play at 120 Hz.

But that's the only alternative - if I want to win duels, I need maximum performance. And as I notice, the input lag of remote play is simply too high.

Maybe not noticeable for the standard user. But for someone who spends hours on his configuration, even tries out everything on the XIM, to eventually have a good setup for a game after weeks and who notices every change directly - he can't be happy with Remote Play.

That's how it is for me and how it will be for many others. What's the point of 1000 Hz on the XIM, 1 ms on the mouse, screen, etc., if everything is broken again because 18 ms input lag from remote play is added. The average time to kill in COD Cold War is 300-400 ms.
If I now already have permanent 18 ms delay because of remote play - terrible. I lie on the ground more often than I can look. As soon as Remote Play is off: Normal rounds again, everything feels normal.

But I wouldn't want to play on a bad screen or mouse either. I've been through everything, the comparison is enormous.

And unfortunately, the XIM with the Remote Play "workaround" is then only a device, which has a response time of 18ms for PS5 games players (measurement Od1n). I see that as too much and I think it should at least only be a temporary solution and not a permanent "workaround" forever.

We had
XIM4 = 8ms (125 Hz)
XIM APEX (PS4) = 1ms (1000 Hz)

And now?
XIM APEX @1000 Hz (PS5) with Remote Play workaround = 19ms

Then rather worse graphics (play PS4 version) than such a step backwards in performance.
« Last Edit: 08:28 AM - 08/24/21 by Sorothos »

Offline Aleyva8

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:37 AM - 08/24/21 »
Thank you all for the tips with the remote play. I set it up again with my PS5 and tried it out. It seems to work a bit better than my last tests in November 2020.

Overall though, I do notice it clearly that I have Remote Play enabled. Unfortunately, there is no alternative for me. But I also notice it when the screen has 20 ms response time instead of 1 ms, or even the mouse.

I'm glad if it's a solution for a large part of the community, unfortunately I also play in the competitive area and there the difference is too strong. As Od1n said, the Aim often "slips" away from the opponent and it feels off somehow. As if I was drunk.

It is playable. But for games where every millisecond counts, where you compete with other players. But also for Call of Duty multiplayer, it's like I'm suddenly using a completely different configuration.

It's not really playable for me, unfortunately. If that's going to be the only solution for a long time - then I'm out, there's no other option.

This year then (despite PS5) I will have to play the PS4 version until the fix. Really annoying, especially since you know from Cold War how well you can play at 120 Hz.

But that's the only alternative - if I want to win duels, I need maximum performance. And as I notice, the input lag of remote play is simply too high.

Maybe not noticeable for the standard user. But for someone who spends hours on his configuration, even tries out everything on the XIM, to eventually have a good setup for a game after weeks and who notices every change directly - he can't be happy with Remote Play.

That's how it is for me and how it will be for many others. What's the point of 1000 Hz on the XIM, 1 ms on the mouse, screen, etc., if everything is broken again because 18 ms input lag from remote play is added. The average time to kill in COD Cold War is 300-400 ms.
If I now already have permanent 18 ms delay because of remote play - terrible. I lie on the ground more often than I can look. As soon as Remote Play is off: Normal rounds again, everything feels normal.

But I wouldn't want to play on a bad screen or mouse either. I've been through everything, the comparison is enormous.

And unfortunately, the XIM with the Remote Play "workaround" is then only a device, which has a response time of 18ms for PS5 games players (measurement Od1n). I see that as too much and I think it should at least only be a temporary solution and not a permanent "workaround" forever.

We had
XIM4 = 8ms (125 Hz)
XIM APEX (PS4) = 1ms (1000 Hz)

And now?
XIM APEX @1000 Hz (PS5) with Remote Play workaround = 19ms

Then rather worse graphics (play PS4 version) than such a step backwards in performance.

Mentioning xim and “competitive area” ruins integrity. I’m happy xim is not working for you.

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:09 PM - 08/24/21 »

You want to plug XIM into the device with Remote Play, for me it does not work as I stated above, but I'm on Win10, it might work better on MacOS. GL!

You have to have a Gen 2 Dualshock controller.  it has a light bar on the touchpad

Admin