XIM Community

COD Vanguard no longer allowing the use of XIM Apex?  (Read 4641 times)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: COD Vanguard no longer allowing the use of XIM Apex?
« Reply #45 on: 08:15 PM - 09/12/21 »

The XIM isn't compatible with the Dualsense and it can't authenticate without a controller that's compatible with the console. That's the issue. It's nothing to do with the console detecting the XIM.

I kinda already figured that out, as noted in my immediate follow up. I guess I should have edited vs replying to myself. Thanks for taking the time to respond though!
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Offline harrybeuker

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: harrybeuker
« Reply #46 on: 03:03 AM - 09/13/21 »
are there any plans to make a new xim? for ps5 support?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #47 on: 04:08 AM - 09/13/21 »
As has been stated many times, the problem has nothing to do with XIM itself. Games that require a DualSense controller only work with that controller.

There is no cracking or spoofing a DualSense to get a XIM, or any other controller adapter, working with PS5 games when connected direct to the PS5 console.

Your current options are to play the PS4 version on PS5, which does work with a XIM. Or to use Remote Play with a XIM to play PS5 games.

A couple of potential solutions are being looked at to get around the DualSense requirement, but there are no quick fixes here.

And no, XIM is not developing a new product for PS5. XIM APEX will be the only mouse & keyboard adapter from XIM for the forseeable future.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline parashqiptar

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: parashqiptar
« Reply #48 on: 12:44 PM - 09/15/21 »
My question is; if i keep playing warzone on ps5 with the ps4 version there will be no problem using the xim? Bcs they gonna update warzone when vanguard is coming out.

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09:17 AM - 09/16/21 »
I'd say very likely that the ps5 native  warzone won't work in future unless you use remote play.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09:22 AM - 09/16/21 »
I'd say very likely that the ps5 native  warzone won't work in future unless you use remote play.

Huh?

If native works then just use native. Unless you're in desperate need of aa. But yea I'd remote play till this thing gets figured out. And it will eventually.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10:59 AM - 09/16/21 »
Cod vandguard open beta + new version of remote play, still doesn't work with either dual sense or xim.
So crossing finger for full version will enable full ps remote support

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11:41 AM - 09/16/21 »
Very odd that remote play doesn't work surely those trollls haven't intentionally made that not work to stop the workaround...
Under two months until I get my series x anyway so nuts to Sony.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11:57 AM - 09/16/21 »
It's because it's the beta, when the full version drops it'll have full remote play compatibility. Stop worrying 😄
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Admin