XIM Community

[Q/A] Set Action to CTRL+C/V ?  (Read 123 times)

Offline Seamndel

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Seamndel
[Q/A] Set Action to CTRL+C/V ?
« on: 07:17 AM - 08/20/21 »
I set the extra buttons on my mouse to these shortcuts, but the XIM app does not seem recognize CTRL+C/V as valid inputs. Manually switching between mouse profiles is cumbersome.

Suggestions?
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 08/20/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Set Action to CTRL+C/V ?
« Reply #1 on: 09:07 AM - 08/20/21 »
If you're wanting to switch between profiles without Manager you can assign each config an activation key in the identity section of the config or assign config cycle keys in menu-global settings.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Seamndel

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Seamndel
Re: Set Action to CTRL+C/V ?
« Reply #2 on: 10:08 AM - 08/21/21 »
If you're wanting to switch between profiles without Manager you can assign each config an activation key in the identity section of the config or assign config cycle keys in menu-global settings.

I'll try to clarify myself:

I have a mouse ( ASUS ROG Chakram) which supports up to 3 fully-customizable profiles. I can switch between said profiles either by pressing a 2-button combo on the mouse , or via a PC Windows App ( "Asus Armory II").

The way I have my profiles configured, the mouse basically has 11 fully-customizable buttons. I personally like setting two of them to CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

I use the XIM Apex + Easy-Transfer Cable + XIM Link to Play with this mouse on PS3.

I use the Android phone app to change between my different game profile, but the App doesn't recognize CTRL+C/V as valid input alternatives. Instead, the app immediately picks up the CTRL key as my input of choice, rather than also including the +C/V .

Is there is a way I can make the Apex recognize CTRL+C/V as my input of choice? I know there is also a PC configuring-App , but does it allow that as an option? Would it even work in this setup?

Since I've stared using the mouse, I 've always made s always switch to my other built-in mouse profiles, which have Apex-recognizable keys set to it's buttons (such as random keyboard keys) and adjusted the android app accordingly.

If there is a way I can skip the mouse profile-switching step entirely, I would like to know. Since the process is cumbersome and unintuitive.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: [Q/A] Set Action to CTRL+C/V ?
« Reply #3 on: 03:30 PM - 08/21/21 »
From what you describe, the kb needs to transmit a key combo to the Asus ROG Chakram PC app, which passes the signal to the mouse to swap the profile.

XIM is capable only of passing controller button signals, not keystrokes or mouse button presses. There is no way for it to communicate with your PC mouse app. Nor can it transmit keypresses direct to the mouse connected to XIM.

Assuming the mouse has onboard memory, you would need to assign the mouse profiles to dedicated mouse buttons, or one to cycle between profiles.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts