XIM Community

Xim community discord link ?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Sharkyy

• View Profile
Re: Xim community discord link ?
« Reply #15 on: 06:18 PM - 08/16/21 »
Ok would you say this Discord is causing more harm than good to the brand? If so, I'll ask R3MiX to hand it over and I'll shut it down and hold onto it.

Ping's probably just sarcastically thanking us for passing modblaster along to the Discord. He's a bit high maintenance and that's likely showing on the Discord too :)

LOLOLOL its true

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 06:55 PM - 08/16/21 »
Context is I've gotten PMs from forum members saying the exact opposite -- that the Discord is toxic and is hurting the brand. This has happened more than once from different people. As I've never been on it all I can do is take and validate what I'm hearing which is that there isn't any issue at all. Both R3MiX and PingThing have been with us for a long time (and, of course, antithesis too :) so I trust you all. I'm glad to hear everything is good there -- thanks for the context.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:55 PM - 08/16/21 »
Same, i also received those messages but the last one was from a time before the discord crashed, which is now more than a year ago (or more) i think. Since then i havent heard anyhing bad about the Discord.
Im also on the Discord but i never really read it due to time constraints.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #18 on: 10:36 PM - 08/16/21 »
Context is I've gotten PMs from forum members saying the exact opposite -- that the Discord is toxic and is hurting the brand. This has happened more than once from different people. As I've never been on it all I can do is take and validate what I'm hearing which is that there isn't any issue at all. Both R3MiX and PingThing have been with us for a long time (and, of course, antithesis too :) so I trust you all. I'm glad to hear everything is good there -- thanks for the context.
Context is important. It's easier to dismiss someone who is disruptive and won't take no for an answer on Discord than on the forums because it is just members helping members. They possibly come on here to complain about it after the fact because they didn't like the help they received, but a negative interaction was likely warranted and initiated by that person.

I keep an eye on the Discord, Reddit and Facebook XIM communities and it's the same everywhere, for every business. Unless you create an official XIM Discord, Reddit & Facebook page and have the time to staff and manage it, there'll always be the occasional toxic interaction.

I wouldn't be concerned that it reflects poorly on XIM Tech because it's obviously not official XIM support. Toxicity is low, even when trolls come in baiting about XIM being a cheat device. They'll be educated on what XIM is and why it's not cheating, not insulted and banned. When support issues pop up that the communities can't answer, the customer is always referred to the official XIM forums.

The fact these XIM user communities exist is a mark of respect for what you’ve done for the gaming community. It’s probably best to treat complaints as outlier cases and let these channels do their own thing because toxicity is not a problem on any of them.
« Last Edit: 11:15 PM - 08/16/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #19 on: 03:50 AM - 08/17/21 »
On behalf of the Community Discord id like to go on record to thank Antithesis for his kind words and mediation in clearing this miscommunication up, with his obvious diplomacy skills I would nominate him for President, however we don't do politics at the Discord
 (too soon?)
 ;)
« Last Edit: 04:52 AM - 08/17/21 by PingThing »
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Admin