XIM Community

"XIM3 is Legit" - Microsoft  (Read 64620 times)

Offline hot shot

• Super Caliber
    • View Profile
Re: "XIM3 is Legit" - Microsoft
« Reply #30 on: 07:43 AM - 02/15/11 »
Hi Seriousface2, i'm not sure if I understood you correctly.
Do you mean that Microsoft might separate XIM3 and gamepad players from each other in multiplayer, with a technical barrier?
Nom nom nom, mmmhh sandvich.

Offline POW

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08:07 AM - 02/15/11 »
You do know that Microsoft can update their TOS at any given time right.

Offline jiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:25 AM - 02/15/11 »

Yes and whether that turns out to be legal is another argument...changing T&C would involve compensation for goods purchased.

Offline Seriousface2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Seriousface2
« Reply #33 on: 08:51 AM - 02/15/11 »
Hi Seriousface2, i'm not sure if I understood you correctly.
Do you mean that Microsoft might separate XIM3 and gamepad players from each other in multiplayer, with a technical barrier?

Naw man that is not what I meant by it... you see, I have heard A LOT of people mention that one of the reasons that they play XBOX is that the community in XBOX is better and more social and everything. So, if people start to figure out what these "XIM3-THINGS" are then the community will split up to those whom use XIM3s and those of who are controller users only. Since "Some Random lady from M$ has given the  *Unofficial* ok  hehe and seeing as she knows the TOS like the back of her hand" Then its all legit, and they can't stop us, but what makes the community great is because no one knows we are using KB/M. So, my question to everyone else is... when you go into a room do you say that you are using a KB/M or do you just play the game and say nothing about it? I know when I jump in the game I will right from the gate let people know that I am not playing the same way they are. All my XBL friends use the controller and im the only one out of them that can use the KB/M ( @#$% @#$% XFPS 4.0) <--I HATE YOU!!!  >:(. Anyways, if this thing goes mainstream ... the community will spilt into two groups, which has been said in other forums as well.

Offline legendboy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LOVE 1S A F1ST
« Reply #34 on: 09:04 AM - 02/15/11 »
Maybe razer is going to be the company to scoop xim up, i mean its inevitably going to happen  (unless obsiv is one of those strange breed of people that actually enjoy 9-5)

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #35 on: 09:08 AM - 02/15/11 »
Okay, I know I said my last post would be my last post...

I'm too lazy to look, why are you leaving us :(

Offline BaRaCudA

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09:11 AM - 02/15/11 »

Yes and whether that turns out to be legal is another argument...changing T&C would involve compensation for goods purchased.

Hopefully we can buy one before the TOS is updated.

Offline hot shot

• Super Caliber
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:14 AM - 02/15/11 »
Anyways, if this thing goes mainstream ... the community will spilt into two groups, which has been said in other forums as well.
Thanks for clarifying. I hope the community will not be split. We will see.
Nom nom nom, mmmhh sandvich.

Offline RAZEREmployee314

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09:26 AM - 02/15/11 »
Hey, guys.  I'll get a screen shot of the e-mail up when I get home after work (and the gym) tonight.  :)

Offline jiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:29 AM - 02/15/11 »
Hey, guys.  I'll get a screen shot of the e-mail up when I get home after work (and the gym) tonight.  :)

Thanks, as 'some' seem to be questioning your honesty, I have also shot a mail off. ;)

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #40 on: 09:31 AM - 02/15/11 »
Sticky this @#$% for the peeps who keep asking it.

Yes and to the original post you sir are awesome!  Now I can remove my sig and just put a link to this thread instead.
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline RAZEREmployee314

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:34 AM - 02/15/11 »
Okay, I know I said my last post would be my last post...

I'm too lazy to look, why are you leaving us :(

My past transgressions.  I was promoting Razer products here on XIM forums and got a little heat for it, understandably.

Anyhow, I'm toning down the promoting.  It's tough though, when you're doing it all day, to just switch it off completely.  So, I vowed to leave and never return, but when I checked with MS about using XIM on the XBox the response was so positive I had to share.

In a way I hope to have redeemed myself.

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #42 on: 09:45 AM - 02/15/11 »
Now, we don't mind you being a sort of messenger to Razer -- Honestly I'd think it would be awesome if there were some kind of XIM3 tie in, maybe just increased compatibility with the device (Or something), but it's not that you necessarily had to "redeem yourself".

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #43 on: 10:22 AM - 02/15/11 »
I don't mind the Razer posts so much. I don't think the Razer Onza is a competitor for the XIM3 for FPS games, but I'm probably still going to buy one. There's games I don't really want to play with a mouse and keyboard (GTA and RDR come to mind) but wouldn't mind extra control and accuracy anyway. The Onza solves that need, I think. It also looks like the d-pad doesn't blow chunks.

So I wouldn't say no one here wants to hear about the Onza, I think you just need to tone it down with the "you don't need a mouse and keyboard when you have the Onza" rhetoric, because that's simply not the case. But I do think the products can co-exist. I'll probably even use the Onza for killstreak perks with my XIM3 rather than switching profiles. Even with decent sensitivity, the RC Car in Black Ops feels goofy with a mouse.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:31 AM - 02/15/11 »
Meh, one Microsoft Support Employee's opinions does not an official policy make.  (whoops, Yoda grammar?)

Inevitably it's up to the developers, so just let the XIM3 be it's own success.   
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.