XIM Community

"XIM3 is Legit" - Microsoft  (Read 63632 times)

Offline ROFLSYRUP

• View Profile
Re: "XIM3 is Legit" - Microsoft
« Reply #90 on: 10:27 AM - 06/06/11 »
I generally agree with leaving it as is . I guess i love trolling the blackops forums over the crappy way they treat the pc community over there. My apologies o the community.

Offline Beezles

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #91 on: 10:29 AM - 06/06/11 »
I generally agree with leaving it as is . I guess i love trolling the blackops forums over the crappy way they treat the pc community over there. My apologies o the community.

Ya, just leave it be - no need for any of the 3arc guys to sign up on these forums and find all our gamertags and ban us.... etc....

btw - infinityward was the worste when it came to dealing with their community. - all hail valve!
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline tuffrabit

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #92 on: 12:11 PM - 06/06/11 »
all hail valve!

yea... Valve actually knows what a customer is.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline ROFLSYRUP

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 05:30 PM - 06/06/11 »

And dont forget how they treat ppl on steampowered forums, massive comment deletion and ban to people who tell the unwanted truth.

You just described the project origin, fear 3, epic, treyarch, and infinity ward forums all in one statement.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 05:04 PM - 06/11/11 »
I was just allowed to use a xim adapter to play-test a game... At Microsoft... In Redmond... They didn't seem too concerned about "me using my own controller that is not OEM" ... they gave me Forza 3 - and Visio Premium... Oh yeah 1 year live as well..       What am I supposed to do with this VISIO program??
« Last Edit: 05:12 PM - 06/11/11 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 05:31 PM - 06/11/11 »
Why would they give you visio premium? Thats an odd gift. Better yet why would they let you use a m/kb during a playtest if they are interested in your feedback? I would be looking for button placement feedback as well as game feedback, using xim doesn't allow you to do this.

Are you allowed to say which game you tested? or the type of game?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #96 on: 01:24 AM - 06/12/11 »
Well at least you can make all the vector based diagrams your heart desires now lol  :P that is interesting though i would have to agree with mist on that one. Did you haved fun at the testing at least? And were u able to make a good standard config on the fly for the game you were testing?
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #97 on: 09:52 AM - 06/15/11 »
That's interesting, that they were letting you do that... Hey, sounds good to me!
Did they give you time to make that config? XD
Hey if he did poorly on it due to config issues maybe they'll think it's no advantage. XD

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 03:36 PM - 08/11/11 »
Why would they give you visio premium? Thats an odd gift. Better yet why would they let you use a m/kb during a playtest if they are interested in your feedback? I would be looking for button placement feedback as well as game feedback, using xim doesn't allow you to do this.

You are telling me- I had/ will never have a use for the visio ( I still am not sure what it does). The list of gratuities was horrible. For that play-test I was given a list and could pick one item from each category (software, hardware, etc). It was halo reach forza and some other $30 dollar games(nothing new at all for the most part)  Visio NFR copy was the most valuable (so I went with the Visio and re-sold it) As to button feedback I was testing the game on an xbox-The game was intended for pc, mobile mainly(I also knew the p.c. button layout) . It was an arcade style "kids" game that Will never see the light of day.

I guess now you just can just walk in and get $25 to test mobile apps on fridays.....

« Last Edit: 03:42 PM - 08/11/11 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline Jomps

• Long distance? mahh
    • View Profile
    • Xim3
« Reply #99 on: 07:34 AM - 08/29/11 »
Thank you for this, good to know beafore action!

Thanks!
Good day!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 11:30 PM - 08/30/11 »

You are telling me- I had/ will never have a use for the visio ( I still am not sure what it does). The list of gratuities was horrible. For that play-test I was given a list and could pick one item from each category (software, hardware, etc). It was halo reach forza and some other $30 dollar games(nothing new at all for the most part)  Visio NFR copy was the most valuable (so I went with the Visio and re-sold it) As to button feedback I was testing the game on an xbox-The game was intended for pc, mobile mainly(I also knew the p.c. button layout) . It was an arcade style "kids" game that Will never see the light of day.

I guess now you just can just walk in and get $25 to test mobile apps on fridays.....

Good choice, I would have done the same thing with those options.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline hortonheardya

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 04:36 PM - 09/01/11 »
I try not to flaunt the fact I use the XIM3.
As I am a disabled veteran, I can't hold a controller properly and the ability to map keys to where they work for me is a blessing. So although my peripherals are unlicensed, they are merely to allow me to game, not for an advantage.

If somehow Treyarch gets a bug up his @#$% and starts banning us, I'll pull my veteran card out quicker than they can imagine.

Offline scottpriley

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: scottRiley09
« Reply #102 on: 12:51 PM - 11/12/11 »
im a vet as well oorah to you. i started the habit of when people accuse me of cheating, for instance when i snipe apparently its to much of a smooth motion to the head that people think its an aimbot. So i casually say i use a keyboard and mouse. Some people get mad call it cheating and say there going to report me. Some people i give the website too and there pumped to buy one. Eh its a game, in every game the person with the higher skilled players win. And my keyboard and mouse is better than any controller ;)

King of BF3

Offline Phoenixlee

• View Profile
    • beats by dre
« Reply #103 on: 11:05 PM - 03/12/12 »
Thanks for that, it's much appreciated!
For more tips you can come to beats by dre cheap beats by dre tissot watch

Offline Hartvar

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: anamorphic
  • PSN ID: anamorphic
« Reply #104 on: 12:03 AM - 09/19/14 »
Well FPS it is only one way to play it, using xim 3 xim Edge or xim 4 nothing more i will say here :)