XIM Community

"XIM3 is Legit" - Microsoft  (Read 66834 times)

Offline ProTecK

• Quakecon... Day 2, thats when it got fun.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ProTecK
Re: "XIM3 is Legit" - Microsoft
« Reply #75 on: 11:42 PM - 05/02/11 »
Well the title of the thread only says its legit with MS. Xim is now being used for a lot more then the cod series. so its really not an "incorrect sticky" at all.  Individual developers and their respective banning decisions would all be Independent of each other unless MS were to override them all with a general ban of their own.
Proud owner of every generation of XIM.
Current XIM4 OWNER / OPERATOR !
Logitech G700s (wired/wireless gaming mouse) 
Sony Navagation Controller
Razer Destructor Pad

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently."   -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
— Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 12:23 AM - 05/03/11 »
When someone is banned because they were showing off their xim3 on a developers official forum do you think they will care about the technicalities?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 08:35 PM - 05/03/11 »
Exactly. Just because one random, clueless outsourced MS online chat representative said it was within Microsoft's TOS doesn't mean squat.

#winner. The left hand doesn't know what anything else is doing. Barring someone talked to Microsoft's legal AND the XBL enforcement's rule's arm. This thread should be unstickied locked & burried. It serves no purpose & does not in any way address the "legality" of playing with an XIM on xbox 360 or XBL.

Hate to say it, but simple truth...
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 09:25 PM - 05/03/11 »
Agreeing with the "remove sticky" option. While LIVE's Terms of Use don't bar unlicensed peripherals, they do defer to individual publisher/developer user agreements when concerning their respective games. Thus, violating Treyarch's terms while playing Treyarch's game over LIVE is, in itself, a violation of LIVE's ToU. Because Treyarch's security agreement is so broad that they could technically get away with banning you for using a monitor with a higher maximum resolution than another player, any enforcer who decides he doesn't like XIMers is going to be within the company's self-given rights to report to Microsoft or ban someone for using one.

Not every publisher has taken in to account third-party peripherals, but a common attribute of almost all EULAs is the ability to change immediately and without prior warning or approval from the customer, so just because the XIMs are fair play now doesn't mean they always will be. That said, there is no definite way—unless Microsoft has some way to monitor raw input values in real-time, which a software solution designed to make input scale more closely to the controller would counter—to prove someone is using anything other than a wired controller in the case of all XIMs, so properly enforcing any rule against their use is nigh impossible without admission from the player in question.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 01:41 AM - 05/04/11 »
Yep remove sticky. Not to mention that Razer has contacted directly to confirm the OP is fake.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #80 on: 11:15 AM - 05/05/11 »
MS doesnt allow any third party adapters for gameplay too, maybe for text entering only, but definately not for gameplay.

i'm assuming this includes arcade sticks and driving wheels not licensed by MS as well?
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline ROFLSYRUP

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 11:10 AM - 06/03/11 »
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=507117
 I lul'd at that post and the moderators reply.

So i sent him this in private message form.

You would have had a valid point when you posted this in regard to the xim3.

Unsupported Peripheral Devices
Users who utilize a hardware device / peripheral that is not officially licensed or otherwise supported by console manufacturers which gives a player an unfair advantage over opponents. This includes, but is not limited to, modded controllers.

• Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
• Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online, complete stats reset
• Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

But the company you work for has their name posted all over this.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Call-Duty-PrecisionAIM-Controller/dp/B00076EY9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307120511&sr=8-1

This controller has 2 extra buttons therefore would give an advantage over someone with the officially supported controller.

So your quote should have looked more something like this.

Unsupported Peripheral Devices
Users who utilize a hardware device / peripheral that is not officially licensed or otherwise supported by console manufacturers which gives a player an unfair advantage over opponents. This includes, but is not limited to, modded controllers. (THIS DOESN'T APPLY IF YOU GIVE US MORE MONEY AND BUY OUR ENDORSED MADCATZ CONTROLLER)

• Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
• Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online, complete stats reset
• Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Let's be honest you aren't about to start banning people for using the blackops controller with the treyarch logo on the back.

Offline ROFLSYRUP

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 11:14 AM - 06/03/11 »
followed up with this.

Furthermore from reading the info, the xim3 doesn't do anything that a normal xbox 360 controller can't. Your endorsed controller does things the regular officially supported xbox controller can't.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 03:52 PM - 06/03/11 »
Lol ... Would love to see this guy respond. Pls update
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline ROFLSYRUP

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 06:36 PM - 06/03/11 »
the mod responded with this.
"If the Black Ops/MW2 controllers were the *only* "specialized" licensed controllers then yes you would have a valid point. Unfortunately, you're just trying to get a jab in somewhere and it's based on a very weak argument. Users utilizing unsupported peripherals are banned when discovered."

Offline ROFLSYRUP

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 06:38 PM - 06/03/11 »
I then replied with this.
"Well supported or not it gives an obvious advantage over the stock controller and does things the regular one can't . There's simply no arguing with that. You place a terms of service in effect and officially endorse a product that violates it. That makes zero sense."
I sent that about 6 hours ago and still no response.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #86 on: 01:43 PM - 06/04/11 »
Why are you guys still throwing caution to the wind and getting up in moderators' faces about this?

The best thing we can do as a community is not flaunt it in front of the people that don't understand or endorse XIM. If we just mind our own business and play the game, the mods will likely never try to pay attention to the XIM.

With you guys antagonizing moderators and Microsoft employees, you're just attracting unwanted, hostile attention. You're not going to magically convince a Treyarch mod that the XIM is OK after a string of PMs on a message board. All you're going to do is piss off Treyarch and make them want to find a way to ban XIM users easier. Your best bet is to just shut up and let it go.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Warmaster

• View Profile
    • Warmastr80'a YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: wa2mast3r
  • PSN ID: war-master
« Reply #87 on: 06:42 PM - 06/04/11 »
Your best bet is to just shut up and let it go.

Silence is sometimes the best option.

Warmaster
Razer Naga || Move Navigator || Tritton AX 720 || Blackmagic Intensity Pro || Samsung 24" Monitor

Warmaster's YouTube

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #88 on: 08:53 PM - 06/04/11 »
Lets not bring heat on xim for the wrong reasons. Although i understand ur arguments. Lets keep the pr positive.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline ROFLSYRUP

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 06:27 AM - 06/06/11 »
I didn't bring it up someone else from the community posted on their forums. I only sent what i've shown here and no more. I just thought the whole in his logic was funny and wanted to point it out so i pm'ed him.