XIM Community

Longtime xim/pc users  (Read 576 times)

Offline Ajvd89

• View Profile
Longtime xim/pc users
« on: 01:24 PM - 07/28/21 »
So.ive been a console gamer my entire life and recently just got a xim and was curious what ganes would you play to get used to MNK? And would u reccomend switching games keybinds to pc keybinds on the xim

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Longtime xim/pc users
« Reply #1 on: 02:53 PM - 07/28/21 »
PC is not a supported XIM gaming platform. PC detects XIM as the controller connected to it, so there are no PC bindings on XIM.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #2 on: 02:58 PM - 07/28/21 »
PC is not a supported XIM gaming platform. PC detects XIM as the controller connected to it, so there are no PC bindings on XIM.

I think he meant should he use the same default keybinds the PC version of a game uses with XIM on Console.

I think Mist4fun already set's the ST's up like that.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Ajvd89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:23 PM - 07/28/21 »

I think he meant should he use the same default keybinds the PC version of a game uses with XIM on Console.

I think Mist4fun already set's the ST's up like that.

That's exactly what I ment. Like for example I play rust on console so should I set my keybinds to the rust pc keybinds?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:57 PM - 07/28/21 »
PC controller keybinds will either be for Xbox One or DualShock 4. They’re the same keybinds already on XIM, so nothing would need to change.

Online TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:34 PM - 07/28/21 »
Just play the game you want to get good at and use the buttons you think you want to stick with for the long term. Your button layouts may differ slightly from game to game so it makes the most sense to just learn the button layouts on your favourite games while playing them and also adapt to those games' look mechanics and the feel aim assists.

Offline Ajvd89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:55 AM - 07/31/21 »
PC controller keybinds will either be for Xbox One or DualShock 4. They’re the same keybinds already on XIM, so nothing would need to change.

The reason I ask this mainly is because I play rust on xbox and the configuration on xbox and pc is different and eventually I plan on switching to pc so idk if playing on the xims profile would be best or if I should manually configure the keybinds to pcs config

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 06:52 AM - 08/01/21 »
The controller bindings for Xbox and PC when using an Xbox controller should be the same. You won’t be able to use PC bindings with a XIM as it will detect as your Xbox controller.

Offline Ajvd89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:03 PM - 08/03/21 »
The controller bindings for Xbox and PC when using an Xbox controller should be the same. You won’t be able to use PC bindings with a XIM as it will detect as your Xbox controller.

So I can't edit my keybinds to the pc layout while using a xim on xbox? The layout on xim is weird and has u cycle through your inventory with the arrow keys but I key moment u have to simultaneously cycle and use items.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 05:03 PM - 08/03/21 »
That's not the XIM layout, that's the controller layout. XIM is a controller emulator, it appears as a controller on all systems. XIM cannot turn controller bindings into m/kb bindings.

The only way to access PC bindings is to either play on PC with m/kb, or play with m/kb in supported console games.

Admin