XIM Community

New XIM product reveal?  (Read 9162 times)

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
Re: New XIM product reveal?
« Reply #90 on: 08:45 PM - 09/05/21 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kerK52IRGjs

This guy is getting close to having something good on his hands. I donít really like the thumb cover but when I am feeling lazy and do not want to drag out a lap desk and all the crap required to play in the living room in front of my 65 inch oled and series x at 120hz. I would be so happy to give this man my money. I love XIM but it just works best at a desk. Sure you can do it in the living room but it is definitely a hassle
I worked on prosthetic dev and human interfaces, the whole idea on the that controller hybrid is no-effective, due the thumb articulation angle. Our thumb is design to grab things hold it, is the strongest "finger" on our hand, but not for drawing == aim. Evolution wise that's our index finger job.

Any articulation that can draw semi-perfect circles with ease is more efficient for aiming, go ahead and try, even our ankle is more efficient than thumb articulation.  ;)

Little by little he is realizing that, its product is turning in to a touchpad with a wrong finger.

Wow, you have an interesting job and when you think about it, it is very hard to draw with your thumb.

It looks like we will never have a compact device with delicate precision. I hope obs has figured it out.

If this is the case the controller the man is making it backwards. He has the right stick moved to the back. It should be a normal controller with a touchpad on the back for precision stuff. You could also make the surface pressure sedative to work how 3D Touch worked on iPhones to keep the R2 trigger.
« Last Edit: 09:43 PM - 09/05/21 by UnRyValD »
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 04:55 AM - 09/17/21 »
Motion controller.

Offline GSA_Kronos_GR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kronos_GR
« Reply #92 on: 05:13 AM - 09/17/21 »
one notice.
The image on YouTube is the opposite!
Right thumb is for aiming and left for movement.
I know because i saw many of his videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 05:27 AM - 09/17/21 »
Wait theres a fault in the video? Which one exactly? :S
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline GSA_Kronos_GR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kronos_GR
« Reply #94 on: 06:28 AM - 09/17/21 »
Wait theres a fault in the video? Which one exactly? :S

The video is mirrored....right thumb use for aiming left for movement
If you watch the beginning of the video which shows only the product it is correct

Admin