XIM Community

New XIM product reveal?  (Read 9139 times)

Offline user1986

• View Profile
Re: New XIM product reveal?
« Reply #15 on: 11:44 AM - 08/02/21 »
What could it be?   :)

Offline SHENTON

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:02 PM - 08/02/21 »
I hope it is a left hand keypad that you can connect your own mouse into. Like a Razer Tartarus but the keypad plugs directly into the console and has Bluetooth to your phone for changing settings.
Maybe even a small oled screen to show what profile you have selected, or a profile selector wheel?

This would be great for me as I have a small desk and even with a ten key less keyboard, my mouse space is only about 30cm2.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:57 PM - 08/02/21 »
What could it be?   :)

I'd bet it's a steam controller kind of gamepad. If the tech was more mature I would have also guessed something with eye tracking but that's probably further down the line.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #18 on: 01:01 AM - 08/03/21 »
Please be this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4sJAD3TuJzk&pp=sAQA
I want a device like this I can use without breaking out a whole setup to play.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: 01:07 AM - 08/03/21 »
Please be this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4sJAD3TuJzk&pp=sAQA
I want a device like this I can use without breaking out a whole setup to play.
Yeah...nah  :o

From what I hear, it's actually closer to this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84ELb_Zms4

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #20 on: 01:21 AM - 08/03/21 »
Obviously this is just a prototype but this one guy is trying to fix a problem that Sony, MS have not even tried to fix. With FPS so big on console I donít understand why. I donít understand why so many games use thumb sticks and there still are no buttons on the back of the controller to compensate. I donít understand why there is no modifier button. All easy fixes that should be standard but no one is even trying
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:15 AM - 08/03/21 »
Im surprised that everyone thinks itll be a physical device. What if new XIM is not a physical device but a blockchain crypto currency? Its not using proof of work, stake or space but proof of skill. The better you perform in a game the more XIM Tokens you will create. The XIM Apex will handle the skill measurement and takes things such as kills per minute, accuracy and ranked score into account.

:P ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:13 AM - 08/03/21 »
 ;D

Really though, ObsIV's design philosophy for this thing was "comfort of a gamepad and performance of a mouse". That mixed with how much he gushed over the Steam controller at the time it launched and him saying that he'd like to do something like it in the future almost guarantees that that's what we're about to see. Unless it's something that's absolutely never been done before.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01:29 PM - 08/03/21 »
I was always thinking a XIM controller. Maybe one that works on both consoles and has a higher stick resolution similar to the Series X/One Controller.
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #24 on: 02:59 PM - 08/03/21 »
Really though, ObsIV's design philosophy for this thing was "comfort of a gamepad and performance of a mouse". That mixed with how much he gushed over the Steam controller at the time it launched and him saying that he'd like to do something like it in the future almost guarantees that that's what we're about to see. Unless it's something that's absolutely never been done before.
Steam Controller is trash. He never received any cooperation out of Valve and moved on quickly.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:51 PM - 08/03/21 »
It might have been poorly built and had ergonomic issues but the concept was good enough for ObsIV to be impressed by it. I didn't know he reached out to Valve, it sounded like he wanted to make his own take on it.

Online AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:49 AM - 08/04/21 »
Maybe an eye tracker for consoles?  ??? ::) :o :D ;)

Offline Jasjoe1991

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jasjoe1991
« Reply #27 on: 02:42 AM - 08/05/21 »
Im surprised that everyone thinks itll be a physical device. What if new XIM is not a physical device but a blockchain crypto currency? Its not using proof of work, stake or space but proof of skill. The better you perform in a game the more XIM Tokens you will create. The XIM Apex will handle the skill measurement and takes things such as kills per minute, accuracy and ranked score into account.

Odins making an onlyfans  ;)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:51 PM - 08/05/21 »

Odins making an onlyfans  ;)

The most exciting angles and positions you can imagine from a XIM unit ;).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:54 PM - 08/05/21 »
Patiently waiting. :)