XIM Community

Advise From A High Rank Player  (Read 673 times)

Offline GoodAimButATankMain

• Be, the ball!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: HowGoodsMyWidow
Advise From A High Rank Player
« on: 12:19 PM - 07/22/21 »
Hey everyone! To the people who keep asking people for setting's/configs, I wanna say that the xim isnt going to get u to the highest ranks in any game alone. I feel like im pretty qualified for the topic since I play high ranked overwatch with xim and also native pc so heres my input.

Aim doesnt mean everything. Instead of thinking your settings are holding u back, work on your gamesense and positioning as this is what truely separates good players from amazing players. Aim will improve over time, but gamesense/positioning will only improve if u actively work on it. But that doesnt mean aim means nothing because it definitely helps, and your muscle memory will not develop if your constantly changing setting's so try to stick with one sensivity and one config.

And one more thing, if your looking to improve long term, id suggest keeping your configs 1:1 (that means no fancy ingame setting changes, advanced curves, etc... only exception is to my configs that are mathmatically built to be as close to 1:1 as possible still).  Not saying u cant play well or get good on custom configs/curves, just saying for the majority of players, 1:1 will prolly be best long term for improving since its a lot easier to get muscle memory down :)

Settings wont ever magically get you to high rank's alone.
Dont try to fix something that's not broken! My perfect sens: 41cm/360.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFZX4ht4zxyo7nT3ueQPjw/about
Discord:
https://discord.gg/tbuD8RP

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Advise From A High Rank Player
« Reply #1 on: 04:05 PM - 07/22/21 »
Map knowledge, game sense, communication and positioning is definitely what separates the good from the bad, but itís built on a core of good aim. A good defense means nothing if you canít land your shots.

I 100% agree - keep the XIM as plain vanilla as possible. Get used to controller-based aim mechanics rather than tweaking settings that most people donít understand, hunting for a magical unicorn that doesnít exist.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GoodAimButATankMain

• Be, the ball!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: HowGoodsMyWidow
« Reply #2 on: 04:24 PM - 07/24/21 »
I agree, but it really depends on the game and weapons you use. Playing a game like overwatch where you have abilities, your aim isnt needed much to reach high ranks. But playing a game like cod, your aim is definitely more important since you cant really contribute much without hitting shots.... all im saying is a lot of ximmes are focusing purely on settings and aim, and aim alone wont get you to high ranks. Id much rather have a teammate that has good positioning, shield timings, and knows when to engage/disengage than someone who just runs strait in, kills maybe 1 or 2 with aim, then dies to bad gamesense.
Dont try to fix something that's not broken! My perfect sens: 41cm/360.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFZX4ht4zxyo7nT3ueQPjw/about
Discord:
https://discord.gg/tbuD8RP

Offline Abird123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:08 PM - 07/26/21 »
Excellent advice . The problem I have is I'll try and keep the same settings ( xim4 Battlefield 5 ) and for example one day everything will feel AMAZING, I'm hitting  that moves , feels like muscle memory has  developed  , then the next day it feels like something is off , almost like the settings have been slightly changed then I'm missing everything , I fight through it but it just doesn't feel right  , so I'll tweak my sensitivity , maby adjust x/y ratio and add a little curve and what do you know  everything feels better and again  hitting everything that moves, then cycle repeats itself, it's like once I get comfortable withy settings it's possible I get lazy and just expect to hit those shots without putting any effort in . But that's been my experience with my xim4 and battlefield since it's release ..

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:16 PM - 07/26/21 »
I don't believe in going for what's most linear/1:1 when it comes to the XIM. Linear doesn't exist when you're using a XIM, there are both turn speed caps and aim assist inconsistencies that will affect your ability to rely on your muscle memory, and those aim assist inconsistencies are only exacerbated with vanilla settings. In games like CoD, every XIM config is primarily rated on how it handles the aim assist.

I think vanilla settings are trash on games with strong aim assist like CoD multiplayer. The aim assist doesn't always feel the same as it varies from server to server, therefore your mouse movements inside the AA bubble will vary wildly from day to day if you're just using vanilla settings since they give very strong aim assist crosshair slowdown with relatively little cut through.
I use 0.75x ADS in-game settings on BO4 since I feel like they provide the smoothest aim assist experience; RML curve; and a little steady aim and boost. My settings allow me to cut through the AA bubble easier and therefore I hit shots more consistently as my mouse movements are less bogged down by the AA bubble than they would be if I was just using vanilla settings. It affects the linearity of my mouse movements outside of the bubble of course, but when am I ever fighting someone outside of the AA bubble? Almost never. It's much more about my mouse movements inside the bubble rather than outside of it, and different curves and other settings allow for better mouse movements within the bubble than vanilla settings do.
A lot of the XIM sweats on BO4 use popular curves like Matutaiki curves etc, because they work with the aim assist way better than vanilla, therefore allowing more consistency.

I'm primarily an Alcatraz player on Blackout on Black Ops 4, there aren't rankings but in terms of how I match up to other players still playing it (and there isn't a huge amount since it's a sub-mode on a nearly 3 year old game), I'm up there. The lobbies on EU contain a lot of try-hards and I'm one of a handful who can drop 30 kill games and I'm rocking a 4.5KD. A lot of players on the EU servers know who I am and either respect or hate me depending on how toxic they are lol. Many of course call me a cheater because I move like crazy and beam them while doing it.

Aim definitely isn't the only part of the puzzle of course, but it's a pretty big part. If you don't have confidence in hitting your shots then you're not going to play to your full potential, especially in games like CoD. This is what drives a lot of people to use a XIM in the first place.

Aim assist on controllers in games like CoD is so strong that you better have your settings optimised or you're gonna get outshot by controller players, you don't have time to be getting stuck on AA bubbles and stuff in a lot of cases, which can be a problem on vanilla settings. Whereas if your settings give you strong aim assist while still being able to cut through the bubble and have good crosshair manipulation inside of the AA bubble, that's a powerful thing. Pretty much as I nodded towards above, pure linear mouse movement goes out of the window once you're inside the aim assist bubble.

This of course all changes is you're playing a game where most of your fights are long range, where the AA will be pretty weak anyway and you'll require much more accuracy. For shorter range combat on games with strong aim assist, IMO vanilla settings are bad.
« Last Edit: 09:11 PM - 07/26/21 by ZOMBIES! »

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:30 PM - 07/26/21 »
Excellent advice . The problem I have is I'll try and keep the same settings ( xim4 Battlefield 5 ) and for example one day everything will feel AMAZING, I'm hitting  that moves , feels like muscle memory has  developed  , then the next day it feels like something is off , almost like the settings have been slightly changed then I'm missing everything , I fight through it but it just doesn't feel right  , so I'll tweak my sensitivity , maby adjust x/y ratio and add a little curve and what do you know  everything feels better and again  hitting everything that moves, then cycle repeats itself, it's like once I get comfortable withy settings it's possible I get lazy and just expect to hit those shots without putting any effort in . But that's been my experience with my xim4 and battlefield since it's release ..

That's the downside of the XIM4, you don't have the customisation that the Apex allows in terms of sync and polling. 125hz (like the XIM4, coincidentally) is my go to, I feel like it allows the smoothest entry into and exit from the AA bubble. With that and the above said, I use default sync as my main setup since it makes the very centre of the AA bubble feel very strong while making it easy to work through the edges of the AA bubble and flick from target to target; with that said, you're going to get times when the servers or my internet are being less than optimal, and that strong area might start to feel larger and counterproductive - in this case, I switch to my config using sync off. Everything else is the same except the sync an now the inside of the AA bubble becomes faster to counteract the weirdness being introduced by the connection, and it feels more like what I'm used to.
« Last Edit: 07:37 PM - 07/26/21 by ZOMBIES! »

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:35 AM - 07/29/21 »
Solid advice.

I feel Apex Legends causes this 'compulsive  tweaking of settings'  the most. it's probably the game with the most config discussion around on here, and it has got to be the most inconsistent FPS i've played.

I'm not the only one who Notices the effect where some games you're running so much faster, and others you feel bogged down? i've never experienced it to the degree it happens in apex, and it's not just my connection I've talked about this with a tonne of players.

I don't know enough about netcode to diagnose what's causing it but it makes me think of a glitch that was found in fallout 76, where when players found there in-game movement speed was directly tied to their fps.. Setting/capping it whoever to get a value let them sprint around the servers ridiculously faster than everyone else.. maybe at something like thatÖ I don't know
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Scurgo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 08:41 AM »
Solid advice.

I feel Apex Legends causes this 'compulsive  tweaking of settings'  the most. it's probably the game with the most config discussion around on here, and it has got to be the most inconsistent FPS i've played.

I'm not the only one who Notices the effect where some games you're running so much faster, and others you feel bogged down? i've never experienced it to the degree it happens in apex, and it's not just my connection I've talked about this with a tonne of players.

After I realized that, my game changed completely.  There are days when I play a match and nothing works.  On such days I go offline straight away.  I really hope it will change because I really like the game. You described it very well.