XIM Community

[Q/A] Corsair K70 TKL Champion Series work with my XIM APEX? Or no?  (Read 94 times)

Offline IH8LifeLol

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kluqer
Hello there, I recently purchased a XIM Apex and quite honestly, I was very disappointed to find out I spent five hours configuring the keyboard trying to see if you would work but it didn't. The keyboard is the Corsair K70 TKL Champion Series and I was wondering is there a possible fix? Or do I have to purchase a whole new keyboard in order to successfully use my XIM Apex. My mouse was fine but I don't understand why one of the most popular lines of keyboards (Corsair K Series) doesn't seem to work on the XIM Apex.
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 07/20/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. The K keyboards often need to use BIOS mode when used away from a PC. Try holding down Windows Lock +  F1 for a few seconds.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline IH8LifeLol

• View Profile
Hello there, I recently purchased a XIM Apex and quite honestly, I was very disappointed to find out I spent five hours configuring the keyboard trying to see if it would work but it didn't. The keyboard is the Corsair K70 TKL Champion Series and I was wondering is there a possible fix? Or do I have to purchase a whole new keyboard in order to successfully use my XIM Apex? My mouse was fine but I don't understand why one of the most popular lines of keyboards (Corsair K Series) doesn't seem to work on the XIM Apex. It's really frustrating and I do really want to return my XIM Apex. I put the keyboard is BIOS mode, I swapped the cable, I checked to see if it was faulty (It was not), I checked to see if the XIM could detect keystrokes at all (It can't), I swapped the cable again, I made sure all the devices were connected to the XIM Apex correctly, Nothing is working! PLEASE HELP ME!
« Last Edit: 10:08 PM - 07/19/21 by IH8LifeLol »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
APEX supports most devices that don't use special drivers or software. After looking at the hardware list it looks like this has been reported as not compatible in the past. There are other less than 100% keyboards that may have trouble as well so these may need PC drivers which would make them not compatible with APEX. You may have better luck using a full sized keyboard.

http://xim.tech/hardware

Offline IH8LifeLol

• View Profile
Would you have any clue as to the compatibility with the Steelseries Apex Pro TKL, do you think that will work with my XIM Apex as it does not state it does not work on the Hardware Compatibility List so I assuming it would work, right? The link to the keyboard if you would like to check to see is https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Apex-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B07TBGQ6P7/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=steelseries+apex+pro+tkl&qid=1626956855&s=baby-products-intl-ship&sr=1-1
« Last Edit: 06:28 AM - 07/22/21 by IH8LifeLol »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I don't personally know but if you try this search term from google you can get a better idea about the compatibility of most devices. Someone has said it works.

"Steelseries Apex Pro TKL site:community.xim.tech"

Admin