XIM Community

Doom Eternal PS5  (Read 1639 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Doom Eternal PS5
« Reply #15 on: 02:20 PM - 07/18/21 »
Have you tried with just a DualSense connected to Titan Two to test if Doom Eternal will start?

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Spartacus81

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:58 PM - 07/18/21 »
Have you tried with just a DualSense connected to Titan Two to test if Doom Eternal will start?

I plugged and unplugged both several times. Still same notice on screen "please reconnect the controller".

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #17 on: 03:03 PM - 07/18/21 »
Try just the DualSense connected to Titan Two.

Make sure PS5 > Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Communication Method is set to Use USB Cable.
Set Titan Two to Output Protocol > USB PlayStation 5.
Press the PS button on the DualSense controller to connect to PS5.

This sets Titan Two to passthrough mode for the DualSense and all controller features like haptic feedback & adaptive triggers should work.

If this works, connecting a XIM APEX to INPUT-A with the DualSense in INPUT-B should also work.

Also ensure Titan Two has been updated to the latest firmware & Gtuner IV version. Do that in Gtuner IV > Tools > Check for Updates.
« Last Edit: 03:10 PM - 07/18/21 by antithesis »

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:13 PM - 07/18/21 »

Make sure PS5 > Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Communication Method is set to Use USB Cable.

This sets Titan Two to passthrough mode for the DualSense and all controller features like haptic feedback & adaptive triggers should work.

If this works, connecting a XIM APEX to INPUT-A with the DualSense in INPUT-B should also work.

Also ensure Titan Two has been updated to the latest firmware & Gtuner IV version. Do that in Gtuner IV > Tools > Check for Updates.

Done all that anti it's a non runner.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: 03:22 PM - 07/18/21 »
Ok, i'll let J2K know.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:27 PM - 07/18/21 »

Offline Spartacus81

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:44 PM - 07/18/21 »

So I checked again firmware for T2, no updates.
Checked again Titan two device configuration, output protocol set to playstation 5.
Tried with bluetooth turned off on ps5 and with bluetooth turned on with only dualsense controller connected in port B of titan two (also checked on port A :) only to see what's going to happen). And when I disconnect and connect back titan two is saying to me in doom that "PS5 games can't be played using the current controller" top right screen with white character like a PS5 notification when you connect or disconnect a controller.
I mention in game the notice is "please connect the controller".
Of course alone, the dualsense controller works.

You saying it should be just a passtrough but it doesn't seems it is just that... Controller works to do other things when connected to T2.

P.S. do i need to load any gamepacks or scripts on T2? I suppose I don't. T2 is showing number 0 on its screen.

P.S2. Spent some time on PC and going back to PS5 I noticed green led became red on port B and when I run doom eternal it worked in the game like is passing trough. Loaded doom eternal config on xim apex but kbm not doing anything in game. Dualshock controller was turned off and If I remember wright the dualsense was off too. Maybe power savings but still why it worked until I tried turning on the DS4 and re plugging xim apex, is strange. After that again back to not working in doom.
« Last Edit: 04:17 PM - 07/18/21 by Spartacus81 »

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:58 PM - 07/18/21 »
Sparta it's  a dead end mate hopefully j2 can take a fix otherwise it's not looking promising.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: 04:59 PM - 07/18/21 »
Thanks for the update Spartacus. I've emailed J2K (creator of Titan Two) with a link to this topic.

Offline Spartacus81

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:20 PM - 07/18/21 »
Thanks for the update Spartacus. I've emailed J2K (creator of Titan Two) with a link to this topic.

Thank you too for all the time you put into this matter. I sent you a PM a few days ago as well if you have time to look.
It but is not so important at all. After all is just a game at the moment.
I hope my OCD will let me be in peace.  ;D

Admin