XIM Community

Connect Cross Controller AND Mouse+Joycon/Nav  (Read 137 times)

Offline Seamndel

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Seamndel
Connect Cross Controller AND Mouse+Joycon/Nav
« on: 01:07 PM - 07/13/21 »
So my usual setup nowadays is: Dualshock 3 (+++), Navigation Controller (++) and Mouse / Dualshock 4 (+). Everything is fine and dandy

BUT

I dislike messing with the ports and cables to replace the mouse a with the Dualshock 4.

Is there some way to have all 4 devices (og controller, Nav, mouse AND new controller) via a new 4-port hub?

Or, alternatively:

Will some USB toggle switch device work ( I press a physical button next to me which alternates between the Mouse and Dualshock 4 being connected to ,say , port 1 )?
« Last Edit: 02:04 PM - 07/16/21 by Seamndel »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Connect Cross Controller AND Mouse+Joycon/Nav
« Reply #1 on: 04:38 PM - 07/14/21 »
USB switches have a chance of failing or causing a crash. You count have a second controller paired wirelessly with APEX now but it would need to be a newer Xbox controller because you're using a DS4 for authentication with APEX and console.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Seamndel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:08 PM - 07/16/21 »
USB switches have a chance of failing or causing a crash. You count have a second controller paired wirelessly with APEX now but it would need to be a newer Xbox controller because you're using a DS4 for authentication with APEX and console.

I see I misled you, so I edited my my wording.

I use Dualshock 3 to authenticate, then a Nav-Mouse combo or a Dualshock 4.

Could a 4 port hub be the solution?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:57 PM - 07/20/21 »
The Nav is identified as a DS3 to APEX so it might count as the authentication controller and this combination may not work. I would expect it to work with the DS4/DS3 combo and a 4+ port hub assuming you're playing on a PS3 or PS4. If playing on PC, this isn't a supported platform so I'm not sure how it would work.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Seamndel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:46 AM - 07/23/21 »
The Nav is identified as a DS3 to APEX so it might count as the authentication controller and this combination may not work. I would expect it to work with the DS4/DS3 combo and a 4+ port hub assuming you're playing on a PS3 or PS4. If playing on PC, this isn't a supported platform so I'm not sure how it would work.

The Navigation Controller doesn't cause me any problems; it can keep being connected to the the stock XIM hub even when the only thing I'm using is a Dualshock 4; it doesn't send any rogue signals or anything like that, so I just put it aside and ignore it.

As for upgrading to a new hub: all I want to know is whether I can get a "4+" ports hub , have all my potential peripherals hooked up to it at all times, and just switch between them on the fly, solely by changing the loadout via the App/Link.

Would a 4+ USB 3.0 hub require a constant external power source? I'll be glad for product recommendations.

Admin