XIM Community

Remote play using XIM4 (with first gen DS4...) and PS5 not working  (Read 353 times)

Offline iOL

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: iol-qc
Hi, just had a PS5 yesterday. Today I tried plugging XIM4 into PC for a remote play session. I'm using a first gen ps4 controller now. I know XIM4 and remote play is proven to work with second-gen DS4, sadly I don't have a second-gen...

XIM4 is connected to Windows 10 PC, and detected as "HORIPAD 4", buttons and axes are working in the "property"  window.

When i start remote play, PS5 is not detecting inputs.

Firmware Version is 4.00.20171004

Am I doomed not to use XIM4 on PS5 with that remote play setup for now? Is there any update coming regarding that subject ?

Thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
You will need to use a second generation DS4. Maybe someone can comment with experience on this if it's possible to make a first gen DS4 work (or even an Xbox One controller).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline iOL

• View Profile
I have a titan one, any idea to make the remote play work with XIM4 and 1st gen DS4?

Does anyone know where I can buy a used 2nd gen DS4 online in Canada?

Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Pretty much any PS4 controller you can buy nowadays is a version 2 one, you would only be able to buy a new version 1 controller if a retailer/shop still has stock from around several years ago which is very unlikely.

What you can also try is DS4Windows, its a free software that allowed you to use the version 1 controller on PC. This might work together with Remote Play then.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline iOL

• View Profile
Pretty much any PS4 controller you can buy nowadays is a version 2 one, you would only be able to buy a new version 1 controller if a retailer/shop still has stock from around several years ago which is very unlikely.

What you can also try is DS4Windows, its a free software that allowed you to use the version 1 controller on PC. This might work together with Remote Play then.

Thanks for that v2 info. No luck with DS4Windows, I think I'm gonna have to try with a gen2.

Offline iOL

• View Profile
I would like to understand the fact that it should work with a gen2 DS4.

When I plug XIM4 with the gen1 DS4 in PC, I see "HORIPAD 4" in Windows 10 but the remote PS5 app doesn't detect inputs (Windows 10 does).

When I plug the gen1 DS4 alone in PC, Windows 10 detect "wireless controller", the remote PS5 app detects the inputs (so does Windows 10).

When I plug XIM4 with the gen1 DS4 in PC with the titan one adapter, I see "wireless controller" in Windows 10 but the remote PS5 app doesn't detect inputs (Windows 10 does).

When I will use a gen2 DS4 and XIM4, will Windows 10 detect "wireless controller" and the remote PS5 app will suddenly detect the inputs? Is it related to authentication via XIM4?

Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The version 1 controller was intended to only use in wireless mode, a wired mode wasnt really planneded for it which is why the controller for example has no audio support when forced into usb mode. The PS4 console also has no USB Wired option for the version 1 controller.
With the version 2 controller they fixed that, this controller has a native wired mode with full compatibility.

That should be the reason for why PC Remote Play only works with a version 2 controller. For the actual reasoning you may have to ask the Sony Support though, as the above is just speculation based on observations and testings we made over the last few years.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline iOL

• View Profile
I got a cheap DS4 v2 on amazon.ca

I charged it fully, plugged it with XIM4 on PC, and the remote play on PS5 now works very well!

;D